Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:34 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,095,549 times

Advertisements

On one hand, we say that the people of Iran are helpless captives to an oppressive government and on the other, Hillary Clinton, vows to obliterate Iran if it attacks Israel? What is the morality of obliterating a captive people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 06:00 PM

14,045 posts, read 27,313,110 times
I'll just respond by stating in any military action you have specific targets, and our capability of launching high precision weapons from great distances is second to none.

If we do anything or not in if this were to occur, I ain't gettin' into that with this question.

But technically, we can do rather remarkable things.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I'll just respond by stating in any military action you have specific targets, and our capability of launching high precision weapons from great distances is second to none.
I did not hear the terms tactical strikes, surgiical strikes, measured response, I heard "obliterate".

Old 04-26-2008, 07:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,217,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

If we do anything or not in if this were to occur, I ain't gettin' into that with this question.

But technically, we can do rather remarkable things.

Well, we could ask the 500, 000 Iraqi civilians killed since we invaded if that's true........if we have a big seance.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 PM

11,581 posts, read 13,996,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, we could ask the 500, 000 Iraqi civilians killed since we invaded if that's true........if we have a big seance.
So is our military planting all these IED's and carrying out all off the suicide bombings over there?

Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 PM

This is not about our military power. This is about a foreign policy statement. Are we ready to support the obliteration of the Iranian people if their leaders strike Israel?

Old 04-26-2008, 09:13 PM

33,639 posts, read 37,332,281 times
Quote:
Rather an exaggerated figure you are putting forth here...Iraq Body count has the figure of civilian deaths at between 83,000 and 90,550, and most of the deaths were caused by Sunni VS Shiite conflict, which is bad enough that I do not see the need to exaggerate.

Iraq Body Count

Old 04-26-2008, 09:56 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,715,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Rather an exaggerated figure you are putting forth here...Iraq Body count has the figure of civilian deaths at between 83,000 and 90,550, and most of the deaths were caused by Sunni VS Shiite conflict, which is bad enough that I do not see the need to exaggerate.

Iraq Body Count
Don't confuse the anti-war crowd with real numbers and logic. The aim of liberalism has never been accuracy or real results...it's enough that they feel good about themselves in their various positions. It makes them feel more justified in their anti-war views if American forces are responsible for half a million deaths as opposed to less than 20% of that number, so in their minds, 500,000 IS the accurate number, reality be damned.

The inability to see the world as it is, as opposed to how they wish it was, is directly responsible for nearly all of their flawed policies...gun control, the "war on poverty", their opposition to the current war (or any war that a democrat doesn't start), their position on global warming, the desire to appease our enemies, etc.

Eh...sorry, what was the question again?

Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,738,257 times
Quote:
Link from a legitimate source please?

Old 04-26-2008, 11:08 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,172,484 times
I thnik if you will look at the past such as bill clintons presidency the democrats prefer to bomb the hell out of them rather than send troops. They say that the people of Iraq were better off with saddam in power killing the shia and kurds . They also say it is none of our business if people in the sudan are being kiled off by the thousands all the time.But then if some where like Bosnia in europe happens we must act becasue europe says so. But otherwise we can call for protest and feel our moral obligation has been met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies