Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 11:53 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times

Advertisements

Pelosi, House Dems prep $3T coronavirus stimulus grab bag !!! House Democrats will release coronavirus legislation Today

WOW !!! Go big or go home !!! Everyday is Christmas !!!

The democrats think they are heroes it seems with something for everyone !!!

Spending spree
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...ll-to-reach-3t

House Democrats called the legislation the HEROES Act.

House Democrats will release coronavirus legislation Tuesday
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...lation-tuesday

In a nod to progressive demands, the legislation will include student loan relief and rent and mortgage assistance, Hoyer confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 12:08 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Another 3T?

6T total?

At some point this spending binge will have to stop.

A major recession has started, that is unavoidable at this point.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:14 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Now is the time that stimulus is needed and I agree with the spending at this time.

The problem is all the fiscal hawks that disappeared for 3 years and watched the Trump Administration spend like crazy on one BS reason after another. So watch all the fake Fiscal Hawks wake up when its time to bail out the people that are losing jobs but had nothing to say for tax cuts, bailouts of farmers and others for stupid trade policy, FEDS pumping the stock market for 2 years, $15 Billion+ for 100 feet of wall in the middle of the desert.

Just saying, I don't want to hear a bunch of crying now.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:14 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,591,520 times
The US can print money. The thinking is that getting a handle on inflation in the future will be easier and less painful than trying to dig ourselves out of a depression. That line of thinking seems sound to me.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:16 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
The virus has the world by the balls. There's no easy way out of this...

Old 05-12-2020, 12:23 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
From the article:

Of the more than $3 trillion package, about $1 trillion would go to state, local and tribal governments, according to three sources briefed on the proposal.

Another round of $1,200 stimulus payments also would go out to most Americans under the plan, with a maximum of $6,000 per household.

Then a flurry of cash would be allocated to struggling Americans, extending the $600 extra in weekly unemployment insurance through January and a new $175 billion benefit that would subsidize rent and mortgage payments for Americans.

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., blasted Pelosi for trying to draft another bill while Congress is still on recess.

"Now she wants to write a $3 trillion bill, with no one able to see, no accountability, and no input," McCarthy told Fox News on Monday. "I mean, this is not how democracy works. This is a real concern to all of us this won't ever become law, but it'll be the wishlist of the liberals, to try to change election law, fund Planned Parenthood, and make sure sanctuary cities get the chunk of the money.”

Another bill that needs to be passed before we find out what's in it. How'd that go last time?

$1T for the states... I think they need to adjust just like private citizens have had to adjust.

Don't forget about the fraud of mail in voting is hidden in the bill somewhere.

Schumer: Vote by Mail ‘Will Be a Very Important Part’ of Next Coronavirus Bill

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) stated that vote by mail provisions “will be a very important part of the legislation that we’re going to put forward, and we are going to fight like the devil for it.”

Last edited by DRob4JC; 05-12-2020 at 12:49 PM..

Old 05-12-2020, 12:29 PM

19,227 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Well as the Senate majority leader stated “I’m in constant communication with the White House. If we decide to go forward, we will go forward together,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters Monday.

I guess once again the role of Congress is relegated to being in lock-step with what fearless leader because the leadership is incapable of acting on his own.....

Old 05-12-2020, 12:38 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Well as the Senate majority leader stated “I’m in constant communication with the White House. If we decide to go forward, we will go forward together,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters Monday.

I guess once again the role of Congress is relegated to being in lock-step with what fearless leader because the leadership is incapable of acting on his own.....
Same thing happened in the prior administration... a bunch of jobs' bills were passed by the House that the Senate Dems put in the circular file because they were in lockstep with Obama.

Nothing new here...

Old 05-12-2020, 12:57 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From the article:

Of the more than $3 trillion package, about $1 trillion would go to state, local and tribal governments, according to three sources briefed on the proposal.

Another round of $1,200 stimulus payments also would go out to most Americans under the plan, with a maximum of $6,000 per household.

Then a flurry of cash would be allocated to struggling Americans, extending the $600 extra in weekly unemployment insurance through January and a new $175 billion benefit that would subsidize rent and mortgage payments for Americans.

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., blasted Pelosi for trying to draft another bill while Congress is still on recess.

"Now she wants to write a $3 trillion bill, with no one able to see, no accountability, and no input," McCarthy told Fox News on Monday. "I mean, this is not how democracy works. This is a real concern to all of us this won't ever become law, but it'll be the wishlist of the liberals, to try to change election law, fund Planned Parenthood, and make sure sanctuary cities get the chunk of the money.”

Another bill that needs to be passed before we find out what's in it. How'd that go last time?

$1T for the states... I think they need to adjust just like private citizens have had to adjust.

Don't forget about the fraud of mail in voting is hidden in the bill somewhere.

Schumer: Vote by Mail ‘Will Be a Very Important Part’ of Next Coronavirus Bill

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) stated that vote by mail provisions “will be a very important part of the legislation that we’re going to put forward, and we are going to fight like the devil for it.”
Yeah, no one will read all of the bill before voting on it in haste !!! Situation normal courtesy of democrats !!!

Imagine spending nearly 10 trillion in less than six months and being able to blame it on Trump !!!

Expect the Senate to pump the brakes on this monster !!!

Old 05-12-2020, 12:58 PM

19,227 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Same thing happened in the prior administration... a bunch of jobs' bills were passed by the House that the Senate Dems put in the circular file because they were in lockstep with Obama.

Nothing new here...
In lockstep or just against what the house put forth, this is not the first time McConnell has stated loud and clear that he will not act without fearless leader giving the go ahead. Congress is not a lapdog of the President and should be acting as they see fit not just what he wants....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies