Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2020, 09:18 AM

1,754 posts, read 756,366 times

Advertisements

Can we all agree on this?

A widow is saying that Trump's tweets accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering his wife is causing him emotional grief.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Trump doesn't think about other people when he lashes out on twitter, or lashes out against a group, etc...

For example, Trump's "Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!" tweet wasn't meant to be offensive, but it shows that he lacks emotional intelligence to understand how others think and feel.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/polit...ayo/index.html

He just needs to drop Twitter or run it by someone who isn't a callous robot. He needs empathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 09:24 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Maybe he should just let MSNBC and CNN write his tweets for him. I'm sure that would keep the left happy.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:25 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
Why doesnt the media report real news? 92% of media reporting is negative on Trump (and alot of it is ficticious) and its the only way he can defend himself.

In the office next to Joe Scarborough a young girl just happened to be working in her 6ft x 6ft office on the computer and while on her computer just fractures her skull and dies of a heart attack. While being surrounded by the most powerful in the world and either being involved in an affair or having some knowledge she shouldnt have.

Im sure people who think this is a regular occurence also believe that Epstein killed himself, Seth Rich murder was just a failed robbery, Russia hacked the election and Joe Biden doesnt have dementia.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:26 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,453,980 times
He is who he is.

Trump rubs a lot the wrong way with his communication style--this being a fine example.

Love him or hate him, he won't change.

Instead of trying to censor or edit his speech, cast a vote against him in November.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:32 AM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
I was just listening to Kara Swisher talking about all this. Even though I defend the First Amendment, I have to agree with her, here. There is a thing as common decency and even more so, coming from the POTUS. He's supposed to set an example of integrity and diplomacy. This president does neither. He's managed to stir the pot of what was already a brewing cauldron of anger in this country.

I do believe that Twitter would be doing a good thing by removing his horrendous tweets. Whether to sanction him altogether, I don't know. It crosses the boundaries of freedom of speech. But, I will say that if they decide to remove/sanction/monitor/limit his tweets, then they need to do it for everyone; on both the right AND left because I've seen (and continue to see) some pretty vile stuff.

If it's good for one, it's good for all. That's a motto I've lived by my entire adult life. Don't discriminate.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:33 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Maybe he should just let MSNBC and CNN write his tweets for him. I'm sure that would keep the left happy.
So go ahead and defend the monster. I never thought we would see the day when we have an insult mongering President. How can anyone ever defend THE PRESIDENT when he calls someone a skank. I wouldn't want children ever to read such garbage. Some role model you people are defending. Whatever you say about Biden or Obama, they are decent human beings who never stoop to these base levels.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:35 AM

If it was my daughter/wife I would sure love for it to be investigated. Im sure there is some pressure coming from someone to silence talk on this.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:36 AM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Why doesnt the media report real news? 92% of media reporting is negative on Trump (and alot of it is ficticious) and its the only way he can defend himself.

In the office next to Joe Scarborough a young girl just happened to be working in her 6ft x 6ft office on the computer and while on her computer just fractures her skull and dies of a heart attack. While being surrounded by the most powerful in the world and either being involved in an affair or having some knowledge she shouldnt have.

Im sure people who think this is a regular occurence also believe that Epstein killed himself, Seth Rich murder was just a failed robbery, Russia hacked the election and Joe Biden doesnt have dementia.
People who think like this need help.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:37 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
No, let him tweet. This is the best way to see who he really is.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Whatever you say about Biden or Obama, they are decent human beings who never stoop to these base levels.
the same Joe Biden who sexually assaulted his own staff and cant keep his groping hands off women and children in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies