Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 03:22 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,411,498 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?

The gloves are officially off, because Barack Obama has made his feelings known about the way his successor has handled the coronavirus pandemic, and the former Prez did NOT mince words.

Obama was speaking with members of the Obama Alumni Ass'n, and during the 30-minute call, he was explaining to the group why there needed to be strong leadership to manage the crisis. He was trying to get the former staffers to get active in Joe Biden's bid to replace President Trump.

Obama then launched into his assessment of the way Trump has handled things, saying, "What we're fighting against is these long-term trends in which being selfish, being tribal, being divided, and seeing others as an enemy -- that has become a stronger impulse in American life."

And, then you hear the former Prez in the audio obtained by Yahoo! News ... calling Trump's response to COVID-19 "an absolute chaotic disaster." He said, "It would have been bad even with the best of governments. It has been an absolute chaotic disaster when that mindset -- of 'what's in it for me' and 'to heck with everybody else' -- when that mindset is operationalized in our government."

Obama is clearly referring to Trump hijacking the daily briefings and spending endless amounts of time talking about what a great job he's done and lying about the availability of tests. And, then there's the whole thing about ingesting disinfectant

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/09/obama...otic-disaster/

Old 05-09-2020, 03:27 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,224,940 times
I think Obama is absolutely right.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:28 PM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
POTUS Trump has been trashing Obama before he got started on the birther stuff.

I'm surprised Obama waited so long to respond.

After all, part of the reason Trump is so loved by his supporters is because he doesn't take any crap off of anybody.
Trash talking people is the road to being POTUS.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:09 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Thoughts?

The gloves are officially off, because Barack Obama has made his feelings known about the way his successor has handled the coronavirus pandemic, and the former Prez did NOT mince words.

Obama was speaking with members of the Obama Alumni Ass'n, and during the 30-minute call, he was explaining to the group why there needed to be strong leadership to manage the crisis. He was trying to get the former staffers to get active in Joe Biden's bid to replace President Trump.

Obama then launched into his assessment of the way Trump has handled things, saying, "What we're fighting against is these long-term trends in which being selfish, being tribal, being divided, and seeing others as an enemy -- that has become a stronger impulse in American life."

And, then you hear the former Prez in the audio obtained by Yahoo! News ... calling Trump's response to COVID-19 "an absolute chaotic disaster." He said, "It would have been bad even with the best of governments. It has been an absolute chaotic disaster when that mindset -- of 'what's in it for me' and 'to heck with everybody else' -- when that mindset is operationalized in our government."

Obama is clearly referring to Trump hijacking the daily briefings and spending endless amounts of time talking about what a great job he's done and lying about the availability of tests. And, then there's the whole thing about ingesting disinfectant

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/09/obama...otic-disaster/
Obummer blaming everything on racism again it seems

Old 05-09-2020, 04:14 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,057,368 times
I'm still wondering why the Obama admin sent gun shipments to mexican drug cartels. (one of those guns ended up killing a border patrol agent)

Can someone explain that one to me?

Also still wondering why Obama chose to destroy the nation of Libya, what was the point of that?

Old 05-09-2020, 04:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,522,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
I'm still wondering why the Obama admin sent gun shipments to mexican drug cartels. (one of those guns ended up killing a border patrol agent)

Can someone explain that one to me?

Also still wondering why Obama chose to destroy the nation of Libya, what was the point of that?
Yes, I know. It was pure evil: he wanted to show how bad guns are in an effort to push through gun control, so he secretly supplied the Mexican drug lords. Sick, huh?

As far as Libya, who knows, but someone was up to no good. They wouldn’t even provide the Ambassador the extra security he was pleading for - he emailed Hillary 300 times! - so something was very off there.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:17 PM

45,510 posts, read 60,734,312 times
Used to be that the former President wouldn't comment on his successor's programs and policies, sort of a classy way to let the new guy do his thing. That's still true of you're a Republican followed by a Democrat but, since Truman hasn't been observed by Democrats followed by Republicans.

19,270 posts, read 17,143,423 times
Seems like all the outside observers are saying the same thing about the governments response, could it be that everyone other than the President doesn't see the governments response as stellar the way he does...

19,573 posts, read 8,539,306 times
Obama trying to deflect from the revelations about his involvement in the efforts to 3eaponize the DOJ/FBI against General Flynn and President Trump.

Old 05-09-2020, 04:20 PM

6,373 posts, read 2,923,063 times
Deport back to Kenya. Deport!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies