Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 03:21 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,799,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yeah, totally.

Political views aside, and being objective, Biden is just a near senile really old man who is easily confused and somewhat frail.

He should never be running for President in his current mental state.

Folks who prop up Biden despite everything are totally anti-Trump in every respect. They are Trump Derangement Syndrome folks, who would vote for a grasshopper over Trump. LOL

Trump is no prize candidate, and has a super divisive way of communication, and is questionable on his professionalism and ways of approaching situations.

But Trump is a successful billionaire business man who understands what it take to get the economy moving again. He does want the US to succeed and has proven himself effective over 3 1/2 years.

That's good for my vote.
Yeah, I think trump has done some good. He got criticized over the tax break or cuts or whatever, it personally didn't help my tax situation, but whatever.

The TDS we're seeing is like nothing I've ever seen our country go through before. I thought for sure when Obama was in office that he'd get massacred, and he did in some ways. What we are seeing with Trump is just nothing like I've ever seen before.

It's like normal rational intelligence has left the room. People can't seem to be able to have an open honest dialog about the guy.

The sad thing is is that Trump is trolling the hell out of people and people are just lapping it up. I mean it's comical in some ways, the way he's making fool out of so many people. People are giving him way too much headspace.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but the left swing the Dems are embracing is too much for me, not to mention that Biden is literally about to become a dementia patient in a nursing home. I think he's just a year or so away from that fate.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:30 PM

6,757 posts, read 3,381,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It will be amusing watching you completely forget you said that after Biden starts campaigning again.
Oh, I won't forget it. And I certainly won't let you forget it once Creepy Uncle Joe starts stumbling, bumbling, and gaffing his way into oblivion.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:35 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,396,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ay-from-trump/

Both Trump and Democrat's polling data is showing Trump losing his support from the older voters BIGLY!
Sounds bogus.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:36 PM

38 posts, read 13,656 times
Quote:
And you're going to vote for the party that thinks your death is an acceptable price to pay for a healthy economy? Why do you trust them to protect your generation's SS benefits?
Who'd vote for the party that thinks that destruction of multiple generations and economy is acceptable over, flu-like disease? Democrats had lost 2020 already.
Guess what, older generation is not stupid, they can see right through these non-epidemic lies.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:37 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,396,550 times
Quote:
So the best argument you have for the elderly, who are concerned about their SS benefits, to vote for the GOP, who explicitly came out against the welfare of the elderly . . . .
There's your problem. A false premise.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:43 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Better than being second to illegal immigrants and that's exactly what would happen with Biden.
Ok. You vote to keep out illegals that aren't' taking your job in exchange for living on less SS benefits. Let's see how that works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Bravo!!

I do not believe in any of these polls since I do feel that they do not reflect the realities of what people are really thinking AND can be manipulated to go either way... Take a poll of 100,000 Americans on how they feel about Trump... Say, in San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, Seattle or in Austin Texas and "I" can tell you what the outcome will be... And I didn't finish college!!

Prior to the Biden meltdown, I was seriously looking at him... Even with all his known faults, like being a borderline pedo and just plain creepy. But, with his actions in strong arming the Ukrainian government to stop the investigations into his son's "employers, that was the point I knew I couldn't support him... Plus all this fake MeTwo support AND having the stones to sit in judgement of others... Who are just as creepy as himself.

Trump has his faults, but "I" have more faith in him repairing the economy. Plus, Trump is a fighter... And fights everybody and doesn't give in without a serious fight, which the Chinese are seeing first hand since no other U.S. President, besides Truman (D) and Eisenhower (R) has. For the first time, since the 70s, China is finally being held responsible for all the shady things they're doing by an American President... There is a reason why the Chinese Army didn't crush the Hong Kong uprising with military force... And I can tell you it wasn't the UN or the EU that scared China, it was Trump, placing "Bigly" sanctions on them.

The Biden family made "BIGLY" money off of the Chinese Communist Party and one thing about the CCP is that they NEVER give away free money, so, IMHO, they bought Biden. The CCP is preying that Biden will be elected to the office of POTUS, so they can get some "relief" from Trump's actions, which they paid for, in advance.

Even today, the Chinese are trying to back out of trade agreements they made with us and Trump isn't hearing it and basically the only person that will hold China responsible for the agreements they made, in good faith. Biden with his stale "come on man" statement that China wasn't a threat to the United States shows me that Biden was definitely "bought and paid for."

BTW, Biden finally figured that the American people were not buying that line of BS anymore and tried to tap dance his @zz out of his previous statements by saying Trump is somehow soft on China... Regardless if to like or hate Trump AND if you're honest, you know that this was a bold face lie.

Yes, the economy is very important to me since it's number three on the list of four topics that "I" vote on... Number one, National Defense, number two, Law and Order, number three, the Economy and number four, Gun Rights... Biden falls short in all four of these areas for my vote and support.

It was already asked "why would an older American voter care about the economy," which shows me the lack of forward thinking of Progressive/Leftist American voters is that they cannot see the damage to the country that a negative economy can do... Basically destroying the country as we know it.

Progressive/Leftist American voters always state that "THEY" care about the wellbeing of "ALL" Americans, which I can't help but to think its BS since a negative economy "WILL" destroy the futures of all my children and grandchildren's future lives in this great country.

I do not know who will win the next elections in November, but "I" feel that most Americans will vote to rebuild the American economy. Also, since the Progressive/Leftist American is prone to acts of violence and attempts in public shaming Trump supporters/voters, you will NEVER get a true or even close to an accurate picture of Trump supporters/voters... Were I live in the Pacific Northwest, you see tons of pro Biden/Liberal bumper stickers, but you do not see any Trump/Conservative bumper stickers since many Progressive/Leftist Americans will feel "triggered" and take it out on your car. So much for the ever so inclusive Progressive/Leftist voter/supporter. Heck I even had a White, Blonde haired, blue eyed woman call me a racist since "I" support Trump... And I'm half Black!!
If you bothered reading any objective news sources, you'd see how misinformed you are. Like Trump holding China accountable? Ok...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The last few elections have been in my mind pretty much picking the lesser of the two evils. I thought it was that way last time with Hilary. I ended up not voting for either person. Left the top of the ticket blank.

I'm no fan of Trump. Even back in his reality show "you're fired" crap days I thought he was a slimey dude. I will end up voting for him just because ol Biden doesn't know what day of the week it is and the party in general has been going too far left for my tastes.

I've never considered myself a conservative at all, but I'm finding more to agree with those types on the right these days more so than I am with the crazies on the far left.

I'm not down at all with the far left progressive agenda. It's harmful to me, in my opinion. The identity politics that that crowds embraces is poison and only bring about division and disharmony, not to mention it's racist as hell.
So your stance is you're Republican who knows your party is trash, but can't bring yourself to vote for a Democrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
1) Show me where the Republicans accept anyone's death for economic reasons. You can't because you pulled that one right out of your ass.

2) Because I sure as hell don't trust ANY of you leftists to do anything right, much less trust you with a dollar. You'd probably turn around and give it to an illegal alien.
From TX Lt. Gov Dan Patrick:

Quote:
“No one reached out to me and said, ‘As a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren?’” But if they had? “If that is the exchange, I’m all in,” Patrick said. He continued: “That doesn’t make me noble or brave or anything like that. I just think there are lots of grandparents out there in this country, like me
Keep voting for the people who promise to fix the economy at the expense of older Americans and see where it gets you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So Dems are going to try to win by showing a bunch of Fake Polls again like last time eh. The Fake Polls that the Dems come up with are going to make their supporters overconfident again and then create another scream at the sky fun night on election night 2020.
Yep. The same fake polls that have correctly predicted almost every House and Senate race since 2016.

Quote:
I don't get how people are trying to associated trump and Biden and saying that Trump is the same way. I'm no trump fan but come on here. Saw vid clip of Biden talking just a few years ago and he seemed way better off.

He's deteriorating right in front people. I mean he's noticeably less coherent even from just six to eight months ago at the beginning of the campaign trail.

Politics aside I'm starting to actually feel sorry for the guy. This guy's supposed to be in charge and running the country?
You're obviously not being objective. If you were, you'd have a defense for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftpc4fwcDfk

You'd see how poorly Trump talks now vs when he was 10-15 years ago.

Claiming Biden can't string a sentence together, but Trump is playing with full deck... lol

The only distinguishing characteristics between these two is that Biden will actually listen to experts and not use his own limited understanding of his job to screw things up.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:52 PM

78,567 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Wow....just looking through this thread...it is going to be a fun 5 months of watching the crazy spiral out of control.

Kudos to the OP for breaking the world record for leap of logic moving from "opening the economy" to naturally mean that "they're going to cut social security" .

Old 05-18-2020, 03:57 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,799,906 times
Quote:
Ok. You vote to keep out illegals that aren't' taking your job in exchange for living on less SS benefits. Let's see how that works out for you.

If you bothered reading any objective news sources, you'd see how misinformed you are. Like Trump holding China accountable? Ok...lol.

So your stance is you're Republican who knows your party is trash, but can't bring yourself to vote for a Democrat.

From TX Lt. Gov Dan Patrick:

Keep voting for the people who promise to fix the economy at the expense of older Americans and see where it gets you.

Yep. The same fake polls that have correctly predicted almost every House and Senate race since 2016.

You're obviously not being objective. If you were, you'd have a defense for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftpc4fwcDfk

You'd see how poorly Trump talks now vs when he was 10-15 years ago.

Claiming Biden can't string a sentence together, but Trump is playing with full deck... lol

The only distinguishing characteristics between these two is that Biden will actually listen to experts and not use his own limited understanding of his job to screw things up.
I'm not registered with either party.

I never said Trump was a linguistical master.

I still say Biden is in worse shape than Trump is.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow....just looking through this thread...it is going to be a fun 5 months of watching the crazy spiral out of control.

Kudos to the OP for breaking the world record for leap of logic moving from "opening the economy" to naturally mean that "they're going to cut social security" .
Riiiiight... it's a leap of logic to say that if a party is willing to let you DIE for the sake of finances, they would also let you live on a little less of the sake of finances.

If you can't understand it, no sweat. The bloc actually voting based on that issue sees it clearly, hence why they're breaking for Biden.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I'm not registered with either party.

I never said Trump was a linguistical master.

I still say Biden is in worse shape than Trump is.
So both people are mentally diminished for the role.

Who's the guy LEAST likely to make his decision based on his diminished aptitude? The guy with the history of working with other people and relying on experts or the guy who has literally said he understands every topic he's been presented with "better than anyone?"

If you were really concerned about slipping aptitude, you'd be terrified about the clown who thinks he knows better than the experts, and not the guy who will actually get his information from experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies