Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 04:07 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I think trump has done some good. He got criticized over the tax break or cuts or whatever, it personally didn't help my tax situation, but whatever.

The TDS we're seeing is like nothing I've ever seen our country go through before. I thought for sure when Obama was in office that he'd get massacred, and he did in some ways. What we are seeing with Trump is just nothing like I've ever seen before.

It's like normal rational intelligence has left the room. People can't seem to be able to have an open honest dialog about the guy.

The sad thing is is that Trump is trolling the hell out of people and people are just lapping it up. I mean it's comical in some ways, the way he's making fool out of so many people. People are giving him way too much headspace.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but the left swing the Dems are embracing is too much for me, not to mention that Biden is literally about to become a dementia patient in a nursing home. I think he's just a year or so away from that fate.
Ehh Obama was killed pretty bad. The brother stuff and how he’s a Muslim and blah blah was insane.

Let’s also not act like Trump doesn’t put any of this on himself and everything negative about him is just a media conspiracy

Yes there are people who won’t give credit to Trump no matter what as there are people that you see on here refuse to ever say he’s wrong on anything no matter how obvious it is.

Both sides are equally as bad when it comes to the team stuff. Being overly partisan has made it to where you can’t criticize anyone in your “team” or your siding with the enemy

Old 05-18-2020, 04:14 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Ehh Obama was killed pretty bad. The brother stuff and how he’s a Muslim and blah blah was insane.

Let’s also not act like Trump doesn’t put any of this on himself and everything negative about him is just a media conspiracy

Yes there are people who won’t give credit to Trump no matter what as there are people that you see on here refuse to ever say he’s wrong on anything no matter how obvious it is.

Both sides are equally as bad when it comes to the team stuff. Being overly partisan has made it to where you can’t criticize anyone in your “team” or your siding with the enemy
I agree with the last statement. We've become too concerned with saving face and not budging at all.

Too much tribalism and a lack of intellectual honestly in too many cases. I'm more of an issues type of voter. I have no vested interest in a party just for party sake.

Both major parties are corrupt in some way shape or form. Just have to figure out which candidate repulses you the least.

Sad, but it is what it is.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:19 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
I agree with the last statement. We've become too concerned with saving face and not budging at all.

Too much tribalism and a lack of intellectual honestly in too many cases. I'm more of an issues type of voter. I have no vested interest in a party just for party sake.

Both major parties are corrupt in some way shape or form. Just have to figure out which candidate repulses you the least.

I agree..It’s too much and it’s loyalty to politicians who don’t care about you at all.

My beef with Trump is not necessarily politics it’s moreso he’s an awful human being.

I do give him credit for branding..The Fake news stuff for example is genius..He made that term so that his followers will believe anything negative about him at all is “fake news” he’s always been a good con man if nothing else

Old 05-18-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I agree..It’s too much and it’s loyalty to politicians who don’t care about you at all.

My beef with Trump is not necessarily politics it’s moreso he’s an awful human being.

I do give him credit for branding..The Fake news stuff for example is genius..He made that term so that his followers will believe anything negative about him at all is “fake news” he’s always been a good con man if nothing else
Trump is pretty much a used car salesman type. He's always shilling. Always shucking and jiving so to speak. I've never liked the guy on a personal level even though I spend a lot of time on this board sort of defending him. I'm really defending being honest. So many people say things about trump and take him out of context and aren't truthful in how they speak about him.

Pretty much blame him for things that aren't in his direct control in certain instances.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:29 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:

Lol... You just pivoted from "my guy isn't mentally diminished" to "my guy isn't AS mentally diminished." I doubt you're even an issues voter bc the way you're making up excuses to vote for Trump just tells me you're voting Republican, regardless of who's on the ticket.

Old 05-18-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... You just pivoted from "my guy isn't mentally diminished" to "my guy isn't AS mentally diminished." I doubt you're even an issues voter bc the way you're making up excuses to vote for Trump just tells me you're voting Republican, regardless of who's on the ticket.
I literally could not care less what you think of me or how I vote or whether I'm an issues voter or not. I'm laughing as I type this. I've been posting here for 12 13 years now. You're not the first person to bust my chops here.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:12 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ay-from-trump/

Both Trump and Democrat's polling data is showing Trump losing his support from the older voters BIGLY!

But what do you expect your party's newest platform position is "screw the old for the good of the economy!"?

Do Republicans seriously believe that older voters are going to trust them to safeguard social security (their #1 issue) when Republicans reasoned that old people should be happy to sacrifice their LIVES for a financially healthy US economy? I see that and I'll I can read is "Your social security benefits are in our crosshairs."

Nicely done Trump. Nicely done Republicans.
Right in my own family and circle of friends, I have 4 people now who were Trump supporters, and they now all say they have lost total respect and faith in him. His weak handling and division during this virus has been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Up until now, these people and I stayed away from discussing politics so we would not anger one another, but they freely now open up about how disgusted they are with Trump. I always knew they were smart people !

Old 05-18-2020, 05:23 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
I literally could not care less what you think of me or how I vote or whether I'm an issues voter or not. I'm laughing as I type this. I've been posting here for 12 13 years now. You're not the first person to bust my chops here.
And yet here you are, playing objective voter when it's clear you're as hardcore partisan as most on here. You're trying to convince someone. I never understood this Conservative fascination with calling themselves Independent when it's plain as day what their leanings are. You're partisan. Own up to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Right in my own family and circle of friends, I have 4 people now who were Trump supporters, and they now all say they have lost total respect and faith in him. His weak handling and division during this virus has been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Up until now, these people and I stayed away from discussing politics so we would not anger one another, but they freely now open up about how disgusted they are with Trump. I always knew they were smart people !
I'm surprised it took this long. They are the generation where appearance is equally important. People have to look presidential, have to act presidential. Seeing someone completely fail to live up to expectations must be jarring.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:42 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Joe has the senile voting base on lock.
No.

The senile voting block (like my mother in law in SC) is solid for Trump.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:15 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Trump hemorrhaging support from older voters

This was pretty predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies