Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 09:22 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Apparently Florida doesn’t have absentee voting even though that’s the claim the Press Secretary is trying to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Apparently, there's another person who's more interested in fudging that facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 09:26 AM

13,689 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
I'd be happy with mail in voting.
Vote harvesting, where people come to your door collecting your ballot, should not be permitted. And that's what Dems want.

It is also what Devin Nunes wants:

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/1...nia-elections/

Old 05-28-2020, 09:36 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and of course the President used it to vote in Florida even though he was in Florida when early voting was possible.

Just another sign this admin is lying to the public. “Do as I say, not as I do/did”

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...s-in-10-years/

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. A person requesting absentee voting with a mail-in ballot is not what this is about.

We are talking about states who already refuse to clean up their voter rolls, and having more people on their state and county voter rolls than there are people eligible to vote. People who have moved, died, or are convicted felons are left on the voter rolls.

Here are just a few examples of how broken this mail in ballot system can become, and it will only get worse if a state tries to expand mail-in ballots across all counties.

It will come down to which political party can cheat the most to win the election.

83 ballots left atop a single, elderly lady’s mailbox in LA, but it can’t be voter fraud

Jerry Mosna found 83 mail-in ballots shipped to his apartment complex in San Pedro, California this weekend. All 83 ballots were sent to the same address where a single 89-year-old woman lives.

But, don’t worry, it couldn’t be voter fraud. Democrats say there is no voter fraud.
The Los Angeles County Registrar’s Office is investigating the incident, but, without evidence, they said it appears to be an isolated situation tied to a system error causing all those duplicate ballots. (Except, they were all addressed to different people)

Selling votes is common type of election fraud

Old 05-28-2020, 09:39 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Vote harvesting, where people come to your door collecting your ballot, should not be permitted. And that's what Dems want.
And when the easiest type of voting fraud is now the one chosen for an entire state's presidential election, who can keep up with all the potential fraud?

Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
The only commonality with mail in voting and absentee ballot is the paper it's printed on. One would require a stamp the other would be collected. You can bet the person collecting would have a bunch of unaddressed ballots available for those whose "original" ballot was chewed up by their dog.

Please... who doesn't see this for what it is!

Old 05-28-2020, 09:57 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
In my county, we have request a mail-in ballot by phone or electronically. No request, which is verified by the board of elections, no mail-in ballot. I'm not seeing the cause for complaint.

Quote:
I'm a registered Democrat, and I've never heard of vote harvesting, so ... apparently it's not what "Dems want".

And for the record, I would not be in favor of that, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We are talking about states who already refuse to clean up their voter rolls, and having more people on their state and county voter rolls than there are people eligible to vote. People who have moved, died, or are convicted felons are left on the voter rolls.
Uh-huh. And when the county boards of election say they need 10 new staffers to "clean up" the voter rolls every year, who's going to squawk the loudest about how much money that's going to cost?

Death records are easy to access. People moving around, not so much. Usually the board of elections doesn't know when someone has moved, unless they re-register in the same county at a new address. So what's your solution? Instead of whining about something that generally is a non-issue, what would be your plan for "cleaning up" the voter rolls?

Old 05-28-2020, 10:05 AM

States are being actively sued to clean up voter rolls. PA and NC have large inactive voter rolls. Their failure to follow the law, the "National Voter Registration Act" puts these states at risk for voter fraud.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:36 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
In my county, we have request a mail-in ballot by phone or electronically. No request, which is verified by the board of elections, no mail-in ballot. I'm not seeing the cause for complaint.

I'm a registered Democrat, and I've never heard of vote harvesting, so ... apparently it's not what "Dems want". ...................
https://www.heritage.org/election-in...election-fraud
Ballot harvesting, also called vote harvesting, is the collecting and submitting of mail in voter ballots by volunteers or workers. It occurs in some areas of the U.S. where voting by mail is common, but is illegal in some other states. The practice has been credited with changing the outcomes of certain recent elections.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_harvesting

Dems use mail in voting in a manner similar to "medical marijuana" in that they have little interest in medical uses of marijuana, they just want to smoke dope. They have little interest in "getting out the vote" unless it is a Democrat vote. ACORN was a wonderful example of that. They pretended that they just wanted people to vote. Actually, they wanted Democrat votes.

But the time has come when mail in voting rights may have to be extended.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:10 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Dems use mail in voting in a manner similar to "medical marijuana" in that they have little interest in medical uses of marijuana, they just want to smoke dope.
You just lost all credibility with that one.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You just lost all credibility with that one.

Quote:
Dems use mail in voting in a manner similar to "medical marijuana" in that they have little interest in medical uses of marijuana, they just want to smoke dope.
I think he nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies