Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 08:23 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times

Advertisements

and of course the President used it to vote in Florida even though he was in Florida when early voting was possible.

Just another sign this admin is lying to the public. “Do as I say, not as I do/did”

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...s-in-10-years/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 08:29 AM

45,456 posts, read 60,680,465 times
When did voting by absentee ballot morph into mail-in voting? The process is different for each. For absentee the voter has to ask for a ballot and, in many cases, offer justification for needing the absentee ballot (typically being out of the area on election day). For mail in ballots are sent to everyone registered to vote.

We received our ballots for the primary a couple weeks ago. When I went to the Post Office to pick up my mail (no home delivery) there were between 40 and 50 of those ballots lying on the service table, people had just left them.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:47 AM

15,867 posts, read 6,565,059 times
It's all about gaming the system, rather than what's beneficial for democracy and in the public interest. In terms of public health, mail-in ballots make the most sense at this time.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:49 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,108,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and of course the President used it to vote in Florida even though he was in Florida when early voting was possible.

Just another sign this admin is lying to the public. “Do as I say, not as I do/did”

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...s-in-10-years/
Mail-in voting for me but not for thee.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:53 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
When did voting by absentee ballot morph into mail-in voting? The process is different for each. For absentee the voter has to ask for a ballot and, in many cases, offer justification for needing the absentee ballot (typically being out of the area on election day). For mail in ballots are sent to everyone registered to vote.

We received our ballots for the primary a couple weeks ago. When I went to the Post Office to pick up my mail (no home delivery) there were between 40 and 50 of those ballots lying on the service table, people had just left them.
Apparently Florida doesn’t have absentee voting even though that’s the claim the Press Secretary is trying to use.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:11 AM

24,516 posts, read 17,271,978 times
UGH.. What is it with the Dems that think absentee voting by a handful is the same as mail in voting by the entire nation?

In my state, Representative Joe Kennedy III is floating an idea that for the independents they will be mailed a ballot for the Dems, a ballot for the Reps and a ballot for any other miscellaneous candidate. What could possibly go wrong??

The only reason why mail in voting is being pushed so hard by the Dems is that they see an advantage in it to them. If there was a study that showed mail in voting would benefit Trump and the Republicans they would be citing how it is all our Patriotic duty to march to the polls and perform our civic duty in person.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:15 AM

25,595 posts, read 17,329,689 times
I'd be happy with mail in voting.
Vote harvesting, where people come to your door collecting your ballot, should not be permitted. And that's what Dems want.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:16 AM

25,595 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Apparently Florida doesn’t have absentee voting even though that’s the claim the Press Secretary is trying to use.
You are wrong.
https://www.vote.org/absentee-ballot/florida/

Old 05-28-2020, 09:19 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,680,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
UGH.. What is it with the Dems that think absentee voting by a handful is the same as mail in voting by the entire nation?

In my state, Representative Joe Kennedy III is floating an idea that for the independents they will be mailed a ballot for the Dems, a ballot for the Reps and a ballot for any other miscellaneous candidate. What could possibly go wrong??

The only reason why mail in voting is being pushed so hard by the Dems is that they see an advantage in it to them. If there was a study that showed mail in voting would benefit Trump and the Republicans they would be citing how it is all our Patriotic duty to march to the polls and perform our civic duty in person.
It looks like something we can all agree on !!! Dems are not deep thinkers !!!

Old 05-28-2020, 09:20 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,237,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It's all about gaming the system, rather than what's beneficial for democracy and in the public interest. In terms of public health, mail-in ballots make the most sense at this time.
a. makes the most sense to you.
b. at this time = 5 months from the election.
c. like it or not, voting > public health & safety.

ANYONE that is so concerned about contracting or spreading COVID is able to vote by absentee ballot, yes? And if not, why not CHANGE that law, instead of trying to create something wholly new?

It's truly moronic to equate absentee ballots with "send everyone a ballot". I mean, a special kind of stupid if folks actually want others to believe they're somehow the same thing.

And what does it matter if someone is in the state during a period that early voting is allowed, but chooses absentee anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies