Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 07:58 PM

1,031 posts, read 640,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I think that the social justice crowd could help or hurt Democrats. If they go about things sensibly, it could help them. But I expect them to continue rioting, looting, and blaming whitey, which will not work out well for them.
How on earth could
"social justice" help the dems?

After a few bottles of rum I could even be persuaded to think the Trump machine was behind social justice since its the primary driver of angry white voting

Remeber the exit polls??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 08:04 PM

6,268 posts, read 5,085,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
In this case, resisting arrest would likely be a misdemeanor, which is not a capital crime. In other words, Mr. Floyd resisting arrest did not warrant a death sentence.
Whether he was or wasn't resisting arrest isn't the point. Eventually the man was subdued. I'm the wife of a retired cop - when a suspect is cuffed and no longer resisting, the need to "get hands-on" is over. It's a done deal. Put him in the patrol car and get him out of there.

I've been talking to cops all day about this. They're angry and heartbroken by what they saw in the video.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:56 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,155,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Trump is going to win by a fair margin in the upcoming 2020 election because of two words

social justice

You would think sjw idiots would have learned their lesson after the "basket of deplorables" comment

You know that famous comment were Hillary Clinton suggested that Trump supporters were inherently racist bigoted and homophobic

This foolish quip might have cost the woman the election

Even though a lot of trump supporters are absolute racists bigots and homophobes painting them all with the same brush is the dumbest thing you could possibly do because that will inspire people to vote against "political correctness" and that is a far more powerful rallying cry then what a great President Donald Trump could be

Just to make things 100% clear I despise Donald Trump and his predecessor dirty Ronnie Reagan who both simply claimed victory over an economy by deregulating it

That's the exact same thing as pulling all the filters out of a big machine and then acting like you did something because the machine runs faster and stronger than it did before you pulled all the filtration out of it... of course it's going to die in 1/3 of its normal service life but you'll be gone by then so who cares LOL

Both these men (trump/regan) are simply performers paraded in front of an audience to elicit a reaction

I can't stand dirty Donald or rotton Ronnie but the fact is you better get ready for another 4 years of Donald Trump because as the social media outrage explodes all over the internet Trump supporters will gather in their masses like never before to go to the polls and vote against the social media agenda

I can't believe I'm going to say this because I hate Donald Trump with every bone in my body but he's completely correct about the "fake news media" here Inside Edition GETS BUSTED showing you an edited video of The Gorge Floyd death

Inside Edition literally edited this video to hide the part of the video where George Floyd throws himself to the ground in an attempt to resist being put into the police cruiser in order to push the narrative that George Floyd was pinned to the ground without cause

@ 1 min the news actor says

"Several missing minuets go by without video"

LOL

BUSTED!!!!!!

* I believe George Floyd's tragic death was a result of police brutality but the police did have cause to pin him to the ground...just not so damn long

As someone with many years of arrest procedure experience I would have NEVER pinned someone down for so long and would have kept my knee on his shoulders never his neck

There is an old police adage that says: "if you can talk you can breathe"

Trouble is Floyd likely did not die from lack of oxygen...he likely died from other health problem much like poor Eric Garner

Police brutality is a terrible thing... the only thing worse is when a media Corporation literally puts out a propaganda video trying to incite people

WOW...INSIDE EDITION should be financially responsible for damages

https://youtu.be/oCb8gFRrJU0

.... there are literally dozens and dozens of videos online but very few of them show Floyd throwing himself to the ground in an attempt to resist arrest

By showing the public an EDITED video designed to trick them you are doing more damage to the country then you know

Is "the media" FAKE

They sure seem to be when they're talkin about these types of incidences so why should people believe them when they talk about Russian interference in our election???

Media FAIL

*boy who cried WOLF
You clearly didn't even understand Hillary's "deplorables" comment, just like you don't understand someone saying "I can't breathe."

Old 05-29-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Whether he was or wasn't resisting arrest isn't the point. Eventually the man was subdued. I'm the wife of a retired cop - when a suspect is cuffed and no longer resisting, the need to "get hands-on" is over. It's a done deal. Put him in the patrol car and get him out of there.

I've been talking to cops all day about this. They're angry and heartbroken by what they saw in the video.
I couldn't agree more whenever I was taking someone into arrest as soon as I was convinced they were done struggling I would sit them up on their rear end so they could breathe properly

As a professional you must take in the potential risks of someone with a serious health condition being held down for 8 minutes with a knee in the back of their neck

Of course your blatant attempt to redirect the meaning of my thread did not go unnoticed so I will call it back to remind you what it was about

This Thread was about the multitude of media Source has intentionally edited out the portion of the video where the petty criminal throws himself to ground and begins to resist arrest in an attempt to make the police look like they pinned him to the ground without just cause

Once again pinning him to the ground was perfectly legal and reasonable keeping him pinned for so long was not

Old 05-29-2020, 09:15 AM

34,269 posts, read 18,653,587 times
"Social and Economic Justice" is the Left's and Media's (same thing) current name for COMMUNISM. That's all. Total crock of Utopian OPPRESSION.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You clearly didn't even understand Hillary's "deplorables" comment, just like you don't understand someone saying "I can't breathe."
If someone can speak they can breathe did you know that?

It doesn't mean they're not on the verge of cardiac death however!!!!

I understood Hillary's comments just fine in that she said some of Trump's supporters were deplorable racist bigots and homophobes which is a sentiment I agree with 100%

That's why I voted for Obama both times and Hillary in her election you know where she actually won the Democratic vote was it but was denied the legitimate presidency because of the Electoral College scam

but that's another one of my threads

the point is that Hillary's foolish comments alienated so many people it hurt her campaign just like the social media agenda and disgusting propaganda of editing videos to make them appear anti police

That's playing right into the hands of the Trump machine because these stupid liberals try to defend every single incident as black victim White oppressor and that will send Untold hundreds of thousands of angry white men to the polls to vote against your social media agenda not necessarily voting for that orange corporate prostitute do they in their heart know is bad for the country

Remember there were a lot of people on the middle of the fence that could have been swayed either way but when you scream bloody murder in every circumstance you sway them towards team Trump

Stop defending people that run up and try to pull guns away and stop defending the media Outlets that edit the bad footage out of their agenda driven narrative and you could get some Angry white males back on your team

Old 05-29-2020, 10:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,696,113 times
What an unfounded stretch to think Inside Edition and the two words social justice can strongly influence the election in favor of Trump. What the people really want is relief from Trump. I seldom watch Inside Edition.

The media has to be highly selective and short in editing videos, in order to ensure there is plenty of time for commercials. Informing the viewer during what little of the video was shown that Floyd had lowered his own body should have been done.

The Electoral College isn't a scam. It's just a greatly outdated way to select a president.

People vote against the Democrats for not being anti-abortion, not pro-gun and being pro illegal immigrants more than anything else, rather than what has been cited by the starter of this thread. The act of all Democrat candidates for president raising their hands in favor of health care for immigrants did a hell of a lot of damage to the entire Democrat Party. Lots of people reason that it's more important to worry about taking care of our own citizens first, going back to President Trump and his desire to put America First.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 05-29-2020 at 10:51 AM..

Old 05-29-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
If someone can speak they can breathe!

did you know that?

I understood Hillary's comments just fine in that she said some of Trump's supporters were deplorable racist bigots and homophobes which is a sentiment I agree with 100%

That's why I voted for Obama both times and Hillary in her election bid vs trump...you know where she actually WON the Democratic vote YET was denied the legitimate presidency because of the Electoral College scam

the point is that Hillary's foolish PC comments alienated so many people it hurt her campaign just like the social media agenda and disgusting propaganda of editing videos to make them appear anti police

That's playing right into the hands of the Trump machine because these stupid liberals try to defend every single incident as black victim White oppressor and that will send Untold hundreds of thousands of angry white men to the polls to vote against the social media agenda

They are not necessarily voting for that orange corporate prostitute who they in their heart know is bad for the country... they're voting against political correctness not for Donald Trump ...there's a big difference

Remember there were a lot of people on the middle of the fence that could have been swayed either way but when you scream bloody murder in every circumstance you sway them towards team Trump

Stop defending people that run up and try to pull guns away and stop defending the media Outlets that edit out the bad footage from their agenda driven narrative and you could get some Angry white males back on your team

Old 05-29-2020, 11:31 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,684,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
If someone can speak they can breathe!

did you know that?

That's why I voted for Obama both times and Hillary in her election bid vs trump...you know where she actually WON the Democratic vote YET was denied the legitimate presidency because of the Electoral College scam

the point is that Hillary's foolish PC comments alienated so many people it hurt her campaign just like the social media agenda and disgusting propaganda of editing videos to make them appear anti police

That's playing right into the hands of the Trump machine because these stupid liberals try to defend every single incident as black victim White oppressor and that will send Untold hundreds of thousands of angry white men to the polls to vote against the social media agenda

They are not necessarily voting for that orange corporate prostitute who they in their heart know is bad for the country... they're voting against political correctness not for Donald Trump ...there's a big difference

Stop defending people that run up and try to pull guns away and stop defending the media Outlets that edit out the bad footage from their agenda driven narrative and you could get some Angry white males back on your team
Let's see how this type of stuff works in court. Sir, I did not kill that man with my gun. He died with a heart attack a split second before my bullet struck him.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What an unfounded stretch to think Inside Edition and the two words social justice can strongly influence the election in favor of Trump. What the people really want is relief from Trump. I seldom watch Inside Edition.

The media has to be highly selective and short in editing videos, in order to ensure there is plenty of time for commercials. Informing the viewer during what little of the video was shown that Floyd had lowered his own body should have been done.

The Electoral College isn't a scam. It's just a greatly outdated way to select a president.

People vote against the Democrats for not being anti-abortion, not pro-gun and being pro illegal immigrants more than anything else, rather than what has been cited by the starter of this thread. The act of all Democrat candidates for president raising their hands in favor of health care for immigrants did a hell of a lot of damage to the entire Democrat Party. Lots of people reason that it's more important to worry about taking care of our own citizens first, going back to President Trump and his desire to put America First.

The fact is inside edition is the poster child but there are dozens and dozens of media Outlets that did the exact same thing

they edited the part of the video out that made the innocent black victim look 100% non combative

When the angry white men do their Recon they will be able to legitimately claim fake news

Why would anybody believe Russian interference in our elections when it's clear the media is lying to you about the black victim on the street in your backyard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies