Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 12:59 PM

26,828 posts, read 22,606,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Daniel Shaver. Flat out execution. The man was crying and begging for his life. This video is not for the weak of heart. The end of the second video is brutal.

https://youtu.be/OflGwyWcft8
https://youtu.be/WCdRL6bqSKI

Oh this case was so outrageous when I've read about it, ( don't even want to watch the video,) that I am sure had it taken place somewhere outside, in the plain view, with people recording it with their phones, this would have brought mass protests as well.

But it took place behind the closed doors, with no immediate exposure in the social media, and that made a lot of difference.

That would be my guess.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:00 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
without google. name one. twice as many white people are killed by the cops each year, so you'd think we'd know one of their names. former high school graduate lebron james recently said, "they are literally hunting us" in response to ahmaud arbery's death. he claimed, "we can't even go on a jog." that same month, an 18 year old white girl was brutally stabbed to death by a group of black teenagers while on a walk in the park. without google, what was her name again? according to FBI data, in 2016, 3499 white people were murdered. of those 3499 murders, 533 were committed by black people. in that same year, 2870 black people were murdered. of those 2870, 243 were committed by white people. so if you are white and murdered, there's a 1 in 6.5 chance your killer was black. if you're black and murdered, there's a 1 in 12 change your killer was white. who's hunting who?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-3.xls
I'll say this again, and just keep repeating it:

you are only making this thread because a black person got killed by police unjustly and black people took it upon themselves to get mad about it. This is long winded "All Lives Matter" babble. You posted those little stats about the white people killed by police, and you only used to make some kind of comparison to black people, not because you want your fellow white people to stop being killed by police. This is sickening.

And i'll use the same example I used before...this would be like men bringing up male rape stats as a way to shout down women who want to address rape. It's childish.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:02 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,134,676 times
Quote:
the topic also states, "cop." not federal law enforcement. but I digress.
ATF was involved because of the weapons involved and I think they feared some type of large scale explosive devices or something of the sort.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:02 PM

9,533 posts, read 4,362,414 times
Quote:
who? I have literally never heard that name in my entire life.
You've heard it twice in this thread.

It was one of the most brutal, unjustified, police murders in recent history. Watch the link to the videos I posted. Shaver had no chance. He was not walking out of that hallway no matter what he did. The was little or no public outcry, no riots. Which is sort of the point of this thread.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
And i'll use the same example I used before...this would be like men bringing up male rape stats as a way to shout down women who want to address rape. It's childish.

That is literally the most poorly conceived, stupid, false equivalency I have ever read.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:04 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,124,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Probably happened before some of the posters in here, can remember. That was a long long time ago, 1992. I'm sure there's a large population of members on this board who weren't born yet.
Probably right....

Waco wasn't too far from where I was that day.

Here's the thing... People assume just because they haven't seen/heard it themselves (often with selective hearing), that it doesn't happen.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:07 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,134,676 times
I suspect that ATF didn't want to go just busting in because they feared the place was rigged to blow when breached or triggered to blow by someone inside who was waiting for agents on foot to breach the structure.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:07 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,761,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I'll say this again, and just keep repeating it:

you are only making this thread because a black person got killed by police unjustly and black people took it upon themselves to get mad about it. This is long winded "All Lives Matter" babble. You posted those little stats about the white people killed by police, and you only used to make some kind of comparison to black people, not because you want your fellow white people to stop being killed by police. This is sickening.

first off, u mad bro? what "little stats" are you referring to? the factual states that you dislike that came from the FBI website? are those the ones you're talking about? I think if anything, this is a "no lives matter" rant. the stats I posted were that black people kill white people at twice the rate of vice versa.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Probably right....

Here's the thing... People assume just because they haven't seen/heard it themselves (often with selective hearing), that it doesn't happen.

What made Waco so bad is that is wasn't one or two street cops making a bad decision that ended up killing someone in the heat of the moment. It was a long, drawn out event in which there was plenty of time for cooler heads to prevail. Even after the FBI/ATF realized it had turned into a cluster, they doubled down on their approach. A very sad event in American history.

Old 05-29-2020, 01:08 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,761,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Probably right....

again, I remember it just fine. janet reno. I remember all of it. I didn't recognize the guy from oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies