Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 09:46 PM

10,211 posts, read 15,914,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
At least one of the Protesters threatened it. What would be the response to burning and looting of private homes in suburbia? Imagine HOA communities descended upon by Protesters and treated like they treat their own neighborhoods. Would police continue to stand down?
Where I live most suburban residents are fully armed and we are a stand your ground state.

One of my friends inadvertently drove into a protest in Baton Rouge after the criminal Alton Sterling was killed in 2016 after pulling a gun on a cop. A protester tried to blocked his car like what's happening on TV now in other states. My friend pointed his gun at the protester and threatened to shoot him and told him that in Louisiana he would walk free because of stand your ground and the protester backed off. Many of the protesters in that event were not from our local area.

They will NOT dare try what the OP is hypothesizing in any suburb in Louisiana. Private homeowners will use far more force than the police or National Guard. They also know if they loot private businesses they are likely to be shot as well which is why they target chain stores where corporate policies prohibit employees from being armed. Yes there was looting in Katrina but that is because all the other citizens had evacuated and thugs and gangsters had full control of New Orleans for 2 days until the police presence was restored.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:48 PM

And also, if we see a movement of looting to the suburbs its further proof that its organized since many of the people in the actual hood don't have cars to take them outside the city. So if they are looting in the suburbs then someone is transporting them outside the city.

Many white anti-fa thugs are involved in organizing and carrying out this violence in many cities. Where I live there is a large black population (in the city, not in my suburban/rural area) but they're not looting or rioting. Even when the criminal Alton Sterling died there wasn't looting and rioting first because many local blacks knew he was a thug and a drug addict and don't hate the police to the level that CNN would like. A lot of this madness is driven by organized and funded radical organizations backed by Antifa and George Soros types.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Miami is kind of its own world. Half the time we don't really feel in-tune with whats going on in the rest of the USA.

Of course most of the people in Miami are Cubans and South Americans, who want nothing to do with this. The black population in Miami is extremely poor and disorganized. It seems all these protests need some organization from outside - like white antifa - to get the ball started.
Very true.

In a lot of the South outside Atlanta too (Atlanta has more of the Portland kind of scene), now there is black activism but usually the Jesse Jackson kind, not the violent college students kind. Many of the thugs and radicals in Minneapolis, Los Angeles, and Portland and Seattle are white leftists and college students. Either them or criminal gangs, some of whom happen to be black but for them its not really about activism. White liberals are the ones who most believe in political violence, they are the ones who support Palestinian suicide bombings and Islamic jihadism and who in the past supported the North Vietnamese and the Soviet Union.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:01 AM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I live in Miami, no real protests here. I don't usually carry my sidearm with me. Actually, I never do. But now I keep it in my car due to these protests, just in case. If I'm caught in one of those "protests" and someone goes to smash my car or worse, I will shoot them. I have no tolerance for that kind of BS.
I started to pack heat as well in my Corvette. They started tearing up Tampa. They always tear up their own cities kitty. I have some old .460 cal ammo for a big hunting handgun i have so i am ready teddy. Just kinda hard to swing a 16" long handgun in a car.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:22 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Looters are criminals of opportunity. They are not hardened soldiers or indoctrinated suicide bombers. Once they see the other looters with their brain splatter all over the street, they will run off like dogs.

Plus, a lot of gun owners like myself are combat veteran. We know how to shoot, organize, and set up defensive positions for our neighborhood.
I would love to have you as a neighbor.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:54 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,698,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is another question. What will stop future riots from occurring? People are so good at reacting to riots, but no one can figure out how to stop future riots from taking place.

Something else. You can cut off phone service, but it won't stop rogue types from going out there and looting/rioting,etc. Some people are crazy.

Some people have guns and will shoot those dogs. Some people might even shoot and kill police officers.
No rioter is going to pull a gun against a wall of ARMED police. There is no way a shooter would be able to escape. I bet other protesters would wake up and tackle the shooter. Every rioter is not a killer.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:57 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,138,862 times
I live in a well to do suburb conservative (that was on purpose) for Washington with excellent police that would not tolerate any of this mob violence or property destruction.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:36 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I started to pack heat as well in my Corvette. They started tearing up Tampa. They always tear up their own cities kitty. I have some old .460 cal ammo for a big hunting handgun i have so i am ready teddy. Just kinda hard to swing a 16" long handgun in a car.
I have two corvettes, should I get two guns?

Old 05-31-2020, 07:27 AM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I have two corvettes, should I get two guns?
Depends on if they are C6's or 7's.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:25 AM

14,217 posts, read 4,588,279 times
A lot of posters here are OK with looters burning **** down.

But remember looters are only looting government buildings and retail stores down town.....for now, but once they start looting and destroying residential homes, then all gloves are off. Americans will demand the government to shoot looters on sight.

Our homes are a sanctuary & sacred place. It's different to see someone else's home burned down than Walmart burned down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies