Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 08:27 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Who are the “ usual suspects”?

Protesters are racially diverse, nearly everywhere and mostly young adults

Young adults are the cohort least likely to be registered to vote, let alone vote.
They aren't protesters, they're Marxists intent on bringing down everything. Race isn't the issue. They just piggybacked on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 08:29 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They aren't protesters, they're Marxists intent on bringing down everything. Race isn't the issue. They just piggybacked on it.
Exactly. Racism is an excuse and smoke screen. Total scam.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:29 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Every city should have protests. This is not a localized problem confined to Minneapolis. I can't think of a major city that does not have the potential for a similar incident, if not a history of them.

Arson and looting are not justified. Spreading lies about protesters or attempting to incite a race war also is unjustified.
The only ones attempting to incite race wars are liberals.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:42 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The only ones attempting to incite race wars are liberals.

key feature of the Democrat Party since inception.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:07 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
My city Los Angeles had riot in the beginning until National Guard called in.

No riot ever since, so the NG left

Old 07-29-2020, 07:53 AM

47 posts, read 51,618 times
Quote:
What would you like to see? Should LE open fire on protestors because some have or may turn violent?

Tear gas and rubber bullets are being used in some cities. Many cities imposed curfews which were ignored.

Many states are mobilizing their National Guard to support local LE.
LE should arrest anyone who breaks the law.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Why is the text of the article grayed out?

Old 07-29-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Technically the Constitution does not permit the creation or enforcement of laws on 'drugs'.

These 'drug laws' were created originally to be used as a tool of racism (and they are still used that way today), however they do arrest a small number of white people for drug crimes, (just so they can say its not solely being enforced on minorities), but minorities is their real goal with these laws. Drug laws should have went away when segregation did, its appalling and disgusting they are still enforced in this country!
Nobody forces minorities to use drugs. If they stay away from drugs, they can’t get arrested for it.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If ever there was a time I was wishing for nationwide rioting is when the Electoral College threw the election to Trump. Where were the rioters then?
More riots will probably happen if he wins again.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL it has "become a thing?"

When have feisty, high-spirited young people ever passed up an opportunity to join in on a protest? Sheesh. I staged a small one at my high school once, in like 1993 or something. Kids always want to get in on this kind of thing. Some of them are just full of a feeling of importance, raising their voices and flexing in an adult conversation. Some are actually wanting to get up to violence, destruction or mischief. You know. Like kids who feel "invincible" aka teenagers.

I mean, hello, college students in the 60s?

This is not new.

Truth. I know people who were at the protest in downtown Colorado Springs last night, one friend was on the news...the legit protesters, are watching now for anyone who seems to be up to no good. They are at the minimum filming them, and at the most actually physically stopping them. She yelled at a guy who was about to spray paint a building.

People that I have seen and heard credible reports of, causing property damage:

- Suspected cop out of uniform (umbrella man, whose only "alibi" comes from his fellow cops) and in 2 instances, actual small groups of uniformed police. They were out in an area where nobody seemed to be, looking around like they didn't want to get caught, but someone was lurking across the way and filmed them busting up a store. Another group destroyed their own police SUV. It is thought that they are doing this for the reason that then they're justified in using force against protesters, they'll just pin the destruction on them.

- Leadership in Minneapolis says that a large number of the arrested looters had ties to white supremacist groups. People have been sharing screen shots of groups, pages, and forums where alt-right organizations Proud Boys and Boogaloo (or Big Luau or Blue Igloo) Bois have had messages urging members to come to cities and cause violence. They see it as an opportunity to start a civil war, more or less. I have personal friends, eyes, boots on the ground in Denver, Co Springs, and Richmond VA who have photos and video that identify some of them. They often have decent gear, gas masks at least, and they'll come to a peaceful protest and throw stuff at the cops to incite the violence.

Are there some liberals, progressives, blacks and locals and protesters who are participating in rioting and looting? Yes. But I don't think that they showed up necessarily planning to, or were organized to. The above instigators on the other hand, have an agenda beyond just destruction, beyond general mayhem and shenanigans. They want to escalate the whole thing. They want a war.

What I find interesting is that the right thinks that it's Antifa, and the left thinks that it's cops and/or alt-right groups. Arrest records and raw video footage so far bear out the left's opinion. I would like some more credible evidence to support the right's. The closest thing I've seen in the last few days, to "Antifa" or anything like it, doing anything at all, was to release court records of numerous lawsuits and complaints connecting Trump to child sexual assaults. But that was Anonymous who did that. Not "Antifa." When you guys talk about "Antifa"...are they recognizable by any means, or do you simply assume that anyone who is head to toe in black in a protest or riot, is part of this? Anyone can wear all black and a face mask or bandanna, you know. It's not hard to do.
Which “anonymous”? On twitter there’s a user AnonyOps who calls itself Anonymous, and also has “anti-fascist” in its display name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies