Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 08:46 PM

17,648 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

I see tacit approval in every statement from any Democrat. They want to "understand" and "empathize" with the people who are DESTROYING predominantly minority communities.

If there are such statements, please share them.

As it stands, it appears white liberals have burned more minority businesses and homes than the Klan has in the past 100 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 08:48 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
The rioters are the democrats "brownshirts". They are doing the democrat's dirty, messy work, and for free. The dims are as happy as pigs in mud. They grossly miscalculated the situation though. They thought all these rioters were going to make Trump look bad. But this mess rolled right off him and landed in the lap's of the democrap mayors. Since the dims did nothing to stop this madness, it reflects poorly on them, and Trump looks no more like the dictator the dims were trying to sell Trump to the world as being. Now the dims look stupid in both America, and the international arena.

Nice work dims. You done destroying America yet???

Old 06-02-2020, 09:18 PM

8,502 posts, read 8,802,096 times
Some mayors including Democrats have pointed disapprovingly at the actions of some to smash and burn, some naming or hinting at antifa. I am not specifically aware of Democratic Governors and Senators doing this prominently but I hope they are and they should. Some may feel it is obvious and addressed by others or prefer to focus on other aspects of the situation not being addressed by the other political side, but I agree that looting and especially arson are wrong and violence is wrong directed at bystanders or the police and that at least some Democrats should make those messages part of their overall response. I am doing it here and assume that at least some Democrats agree. If you do, maybe say it too.

The right often assumes or characterizes all Democrats as being the same- moderate and progressive (despite the clear divide of Biden and Sanders voters)..and extremists who probably are not actually Democrats. When I was in college and just out I knew of a number of radicals and they were generally not Democrats and would not vote or help with issues considered mainstream within the existing power structure that I was typically working on. I'd ask neighbors or friends of friends thinking they'd help (or should) and they often would said no. I assume that is still often true. (To be fair when some of these radicals of the time asked Democrats for support for migrant farmworkers rights or death penalty abolition or LGBTQ rights in the 80s and 90s or even more radical measures, they heard a lot of no too from traditional Democrats. I stepped beyond my previous knowledge and comfort in some cases but not all and probably not far enough.)

But I know many conservatives will forever simplify and distort this diversity anywhere to the left of them.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-02-2020 at 10:42 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 09:26 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Some mayors including Democrats have pointed disapprovingly at the actions of some to smash and burn, some naming or hinting at antifa. I am not specifically aware of Democratic Governors and Senators doing this prominently but I hope they are and they should. Some may feel it is obvious and addressed by others or prefer to focus on other aspects of the situation not being addressed by the other political side, but I agree that looting arson are wrong and violence is wrong directed at bystanders or the police and that at least some Democrats should make those messages part of their overall response. I am doing it here and assume that at least some Democrats agree. If you do, maybe say it too.

I heard some of the democrat mayors claim it was white supremacists causing all the trouble. They first have to create a bogyman that is acceptable to condemn, and then they pounce. I don't think I heard any of the dim mayors mention pantifa.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:27 PM

17,648 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Some mayors including Democrats have pointed disapprovingly at the actions of some to smash and burn, some naming or hinting at antifa. I am not specifically aware of Democratic Governors and Senators doing this prominently but I hope they are and they should. Some may feel it is obvious and addressed by others or prefer to focus on other aspects of the situation not being addressed by the other political side, but I agree that looting arson are wrong and violence is wrong directed at bystanders or the police and that at least some Democrats should make those messages part of their overall response. I am doing it here and assume that at least some Democrats agree. If you do, maybe say it too.
Well, I am glad to hear your opinion, which I share. However, I'm asking about prominent Democrat leaders. You know, the ones who call for "unity" but only complain about Trump whenever they talk about anything?

Old 06-02-2020, 09:30 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
No. They didnt when trump was elected either. In fact, they encouraged it.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:49 PM

Democratic Mayor of Denver "wouldnt be surprised" if Antifa was involved.

https://kdvr.com/news/mayor-blames-o...ism-in-denver/

Some say "outsiders" because it is not totally clear and it may be antifa and white right wing interference. They don't want to get into it too deep on hearsay.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-02-2020 at 10:16 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 10:26 PM

A reason they might be hesitant to draw conclusions?

Maybe this statement from the FBI on DC and other locations: https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-fi...-terrorist-org

I personally don't doubt antifa involvement but it is noteworthy that the responsible experts won't go there, yet.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:34 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Liberals claim Trump will destroy America. Lmao

Old 06-02-2020, 10:37 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Liberals claim Trump will destroy America. Lmao
He is doing a fine job of destroying America. I put a lot of this unrest on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies