Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 05:23 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Its terrible what the police are dealing with right now. There is so much violence toward good police officers and it only seems to be getting worse.
This^^^
And now democrats are trying to defund them.
Can the police legally go on strike in those cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Obviously the rioters and looters don't believe BLACK LIVES MATTER applies to a policeman!
If democrats really thought black lives mattered, why don’t they march and protest the outrageous black on black murders and crimes happening every day in Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore ???

Old 06-05-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Can someone explain to me the "oppression" and "systemic racism" that is causing the violence and looting?

I remember the 1960's. I know that their battle for civil rights was real and necessary.

But, we had a Black President of the United States of America for 8 years. He would never gotten there without the support and hard work of a lot of people, including a lot of White people like myself and my family who knocked on doors and worked on his campaign. We have many people of color that represent various states in the Congress. We have various people of color that are Governors, Mayors, and Police Chiefs, etc. across the country.

How are they oppressed in these times? I understand that they are feeling like they are being disrespected and unduly victimized when they break the law. I understand that. But what are the other oppression points? Don't we have laws in place that prevent discrimination in the workplace? In housing? In hiring? Don't we have college programs and all kinds of assistance and other programs? Yes, we need to reform our police tactics and carefully screen future candidates. But what else do they want us to do?

Can someone enlighten me?
Excellent question!
Also, republicans appointed the first black woman Secretary of State, the first black Secretary of Defence, the first hispanic Attorney General.

And if it’s systemic racism, these cities, schools, and police offices are all under Democrat political control, and much of it is run by blacks .

Old 06-05-2020, 05:42 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Obviously the rioters and looters don't believe BLACK LIVES MATTER applies to a policeman!
It amazes me, BLM holds up criminals as the martyrs and actual heroes as the villains.

America will recoil from the demented ideology of modern liberalism.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:38 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
If democrats really thought black lives mattered, why don’t they march and protest the outrageous black on black murders and crimes happening every day in Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore ???
They did, for years. The cries were ignored!

I grew up with Andrew, Ralik and Frankie Davis, in Brooklyn. All three, including two cousins, were victims of gun violence. Their mother, Frances Davis, after losing a total of five children in her family, was one of the foremothers of the Million Mom March on Washington. All of those mothers of lost children to violence were ignored! Very little came out of that march. Many cries, deliberately unheard!

Old 06-05-2020, 07:19 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,947,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The media has a lot to answer for.
True, but they will never be held accountable for this false narrative of cops killing blacks. The media, with no checks and balances, is the biggest enemy of the nation. They lie, distort, and censor "news" with pure impunity.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:10 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Excellent question!
Also, republicans appointed the first black woman Secretary of State, the first black Secretary of Defence, the first hispanic Attorney General.

And if it’s systemic racism, these cities, schools, and police offices are all under Democrat political control, and much of it is run by blacks .
That's complete bullcrap.

There has never been a black Secretary of Defense appointed by a Republican. Ever.

Stop it!!!

*smh*

Old 11-18-2020, 01:01 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
That's complete bullcrap.

There has never been a black Secretary of Defense appointed by a Republican. Ever.

Stop it!!!

*smh*
The poster likely meant the first Secretary of State, which was Colin Powell.

His point still stands.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:08 PM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Police Chief David Dorn
https://i.imgur.com/gJ992Uh.jpg

Federal Agent David Patrick Underwood
https://i.imgur.com/se6agUD.jpg
Old news. I guess not all black lives matter.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:26 AM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course not they are rioters.

Rioters are not protesters.
Who is telling you that yarn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies