Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the awful, idiotic, BAD cop intend to actually kill Mr Floyd
Yes, his sole intent was to kill him. 59 37.58%
No. He meant to hurt him or make him pass out, but NOT kill him. 98 62.42%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 08:59 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Do you think Chauvin's INTENT was to kill Floyd?. The only one who will ever know that answer is Chauvin, but we can all have an opinion. Knowing that everyone was watching and that cameras were rolling, I find it really hard to believe his intent was to kill him. I think the idiot cop may have stupidly thought that he could get him to pass out and maybe that was his goal. Get him to pass out and then he would be easier to deal with. Maybe get him to pass out to show him and others who was in charge. Maybe even to inflict pain for his own pleasure.

What do you "think" the thought process was in that idiotic, moronic, murderous, cop's mind?

On another note, did Mr. Floyd and Chauvin work together in a club? I am just this minute hearing this, so not sure if it is true or if it played a role.
I don't think his intent was to kill George Floyd. But he knew that tatic could kill someone. And who knows what was going through his mind at the time. I can't even imagine what's going through his mind right now sitting in jail knowing what he has triggered in our country. He will live with this for the rest of his life in a cell.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:09 PM

374 posts, read 146,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I think he wanted to kill a brother.
What makes you think so?

Old 06-03-2020, 09:17 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I think he wanted to kill a brother.
What made you say that?

That black cop and other white cop (not Chauvin) were new hires and they were still on job probation. In another word, they were rookies.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Do you think Chauvin's INTENT was to kill Floyd?
Getting a read on the mens rea of a sociopath is virtually impossible.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:21 PM

374 posts, read 146,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
A couple of issues here. Floyd was already handcuffed with three men on top of him. Secondly it being reported that he passed out after five minutes and cop keep his knee in place for another 2 or 3 minutes. It is my belief that this is why the charges were upgraded from murder 3 to murder 2. Also it is being reported that a EMT showed up at the scene and announced themselves as such but was denied access to take Floyd's pulse. It is my belief that this is the reason the cop acting as crowd control was charged with the others. Lastly it is being reported that Floyd was dead on arrival when he reached the hospital. The cops are going to have a difficult time claiming they felt in fear of their life when they were pinning down a handcuffed suspect. Also continuing to apply pressure 2 or 3 minutes after Floyd passed out is going to be their downfall.
I thought the video showed an EMT-- or someone with a blue glove on--taking Floyd's pulse.

Maybe cop kept his knee on Floyd's neck to cover up what had happened because once he realized Floyd wasn't moving, they probably called for ambulance. Cop wanted to get him on a stretcher quick and get him out of there while still a chance to make it look like Floyd just passed out--they could say he died en route to hospital. It looks really bad to remove your knee and stand up and the man just lays there, obviously dead, while you have to WAIT for an ambulance.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:24 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Really? Good god! That would indicate it was intentional.
How is calling an ambulance supposed to make it intentional? Surely calling an ambulance proves the opposite.

George Floyd:-

On fentanyl –
Heart disease-
Used meth-
Hypertension-
Cocaine addict-
Having a heart attack-
Resisted arrest-
Refused to get in the car-
Ambulance called-
Restrained-
Dies

Old 06-03-2020, 09:26 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Really? Good god! That would indicate it was intentional.

They called the ambulance and reported having a suspect who may need medical attention. I don't think they were thinking hey were gonna choke this guy out so go ahead and call an ambulance now.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:34 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,036,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerditaPanthera View Post
I thought the video showed an EMT-- or someone with a blue glove on--taking Floyd's pulse.

Maybe cop kept his knee on Floyd's neck to cover up what had happened because once he realized Floyd wasn't moving, they probably called for ambulance. Cop wanted to get him on a stretcher quick and get him out of there while still a chance to make it look like Floyd just passed out--they could say he died en route to hospital. It looks really bad to remove your knee and stand up and the man just lays there, obviously dead, while you have to WAIT for an ambulance.

It's my understanding that the EMT announced him/herself as a EMT and wanted to check Mr. Floyd for a pulse. The officer performing crowd control originally refused the EMT's request and officer continued with his knee to neck position for another couple of minutes. I am of the opinion that this is why the cop doing crowd control is having charges placed on him. He originally waived off the EMT which will likely make him an accomplice to this crime.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Do you think Chauvin's INTENT was to kill Floyd?. The only one who will ever know that answer is Chauvin, but we can all have an opinion. Knowing that everyone was watching and that cameras were rolling, I find it really hard to believe his intent was to kill him. I think the idiot cop may have stupidly thought that he could get him to pass out and maybe that was his goal. Get him to pass out and then he would be easier to deal with. Maybe get him to pass out to show him and others who was in charge. Maybe even to inflict pain for his own pleasure.

What do you "think" the thought process was in that idiotic, moronic, murderous, cop's mind?

On another note, did Mr. Floyd and Chauvin work together in a club? I am just this minute hearing this, so not sure if it is true or if it played a role.
After they noted that he was under duress physically and Chauvin refused to change his actions -- yes intent.

He was being told the guy was in duress........and he refused to alter his actions. That screams of intent.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Tonight Floyd's lawyer says there is body cam footage where one of the other officers makes a comment about turing Floyd on his side -- Chauvin said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies