Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 09:06 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,989,154 times

Advertisements

If the stuff is true, which it looks to be, it makes Floyd one giant POS, this is a fact.

But here is another fact.

Nobody should be choked to death for trying to pass a fake $20 by some ignorant cop who probably has an IQ of 75 and is on some power trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 09:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,929,527 times
As is usual in these cases, once the true details come out of this incident come to light, the picture might be far different. Yes the video looks very bad, but keep in mind, even a handcuffed man can put up a whale of a fight. Wait till the trial and the defense gets to make its cases. Everyone deserves a fair trial.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:24 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,494,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
George Floyd landed 5 years behind bars in 2009 for assault and battery. He plead guilty to entering a woman's home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money. He was sentenced to 8 months in jail in 2002 and 10 months in jail in 2005 for possessing cocaine. He was jailed for theft in 1998.

Why do you think the media doesn't mention this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Texas.html
No, I don't care if the guy is... was an imperfect sinner, just like the rest of us.

I care, about his family who tell the looters-rioters-arsonists to knock it off and that George Floyd, God rest his soul, wouldn't have stood for this.

This this, the garbage going on is all about Hate Trump, with every breath. The problem with the few pulling the strings is that there isn't as many of them as are needed.

The folks who have had their hopes and dreams hijacked are starting to wise up, so in the end, Antifa and the deep state will lose, as will MSDNC and Lisa Page

Back to the topic, yeah, drug use, thug life, I don't care. It would have been better had this death not happened. I'm not going to bend over backwards looking for evidence he wasn't killed by one or four of those cops. What I'd like to know more about is what happened to the four minutes of lost camera footage, honestly. Also, why didn't the camera folks focus in on the fact one of the cops was a Black American and the other was an Asian American?

But setting that aside, I'm glad the real news is the news cycle on looting, arson, and rioting died off now and we can now mock President Donald J. Trump for being sent to a bunker or some idiotic spin like that.

Joe Biden continues to struggle with selling his Orange Man Bad campaign.

If it wasn't George Floyd, it would have been the next thing, but they have fired this bullet once too many and also too soon.

Black Americans have finally figured out Antifa hijacked their BLM movement and are using them as their own ammunition, as the Black American Man is the bait and the spent casing to their agenda.

So, what's next? Can't wait until next Thursday when my boy Lindsey Graham has his day and we get back to "justice" for three years and five plus months of Get Trump out at "all costs".

All costs is you and I and we done with that garbage.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,910,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is false. Black killers are the least likely to be charged with their crime. Most homicide cases in black neighborhoods are never closed, since "snitches get stiches".
No, because the police don't really investigate the crimes or have the proper resources to conduct a good investigation. You don't think the family and loved ones of someone murdered want to find out what happened, and see the person punished?

When the police interactions are stop and frisk 24/7, why would anyone even trust that the police will do a good through investigation into the crime. They are too busy with the quotas.

If you seriously want to understand some of the structural issues about why these crimes go unsolved, then you should read Ghettoside by Jill Leovy. Here is a review.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,398,556 times
I think police brutality is wrong, period.

I also think George Floyd was a criminal, too. He pointed a gun at a pregnant woman when he broke into her home. He was evil enough to do that, but cried and whimpered like a coward when a cop had him down on the ground. I have no empathy for him whatsoever. If my son grew up to be like George Floyd, I would regret having given birth to him.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:52 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,447,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
George Floyd landed 5 years behind bars in 2009 for assault and battery. He plead guilty to entering a woman's home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money. He was sentenced to 8 months in jail in 2002 and 10 months in jail in 2005 for possessing cocaine. He was jailed for theft in 1998.

Why do you think the media doesn't mention this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Texas.html
Even though I disagree with BLM narrative. George flyod criminal past is irrelevant to what happenend to him last week. George Floyd did his time and he wanted to reform and improve his life. We have to respect a man that is trying to reform and rebuild his life.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:44 PM

29,527 posts, read 22,704,392 times
If we are speaking specifically about George Floyd, his past does not matter to me.

As I mentioned in another thread, Floyd had stayed out of trouble in the eyes of the law since he was released until the incident with the counterfeit bill. He was trying to turn his life around and was mentoring people in fact. Yes he was convicted of a home invasion crime where he pointed a gun at a woman, but again, he stayed out of trouble since he got out of prison. He was certainly not a child rapist or some other sexual deviant.

He most certainly did not deserve to be murdered by a cop.

Look at other individuals that people on this forum have worshiped and admired. Kobe Bryant, who violently raped a woman. Mark Wahlberg, who brutally assaulted several Vietnamese Americans in the late 80's, one so bad he lost his eyesight. Why are these people given a 'pass' for their past transgressions, yet Floyd is not?

Now if we're talking about someone like Michael Brown, an unrepentant monster who took pleasure in the misery of innocent victims, then yes the background most definitely matters. The world is a better place without these people in this world.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:56 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,095,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Every time a white cop kills a black person, conservatives seem more concerned about the black man’s history than they are about the white guy who just killed someone.
Because if we play the game of probabilities then, the white police man is quite likely to have no criminal history and clean background record, while the black guy most likely will have a long series of criminal offenses and jail time spread all over his life.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
As is usual in these cases, once the true details come out of this incident come to light, the picture might be far different. Yes the video looks very bad, but keep in mind, even a handcuffed man can put up a whale of a fight. Wait till the trial and the defense gets to make its cases. Everyone deserves a fair trial.
Yeh, I hear the police dept and city are already testing the waters with the whole narcotics being in his system, I would bet they try to paint a totally different picture...someone on illegal drugs, trying to use fake money, etc etc.

I have news for them though, that crap wont work anymore! Plus, if any of those 4 cops in anyway get off the hook or get a slap on the wrist, you can expect 100X worse rioting than they saw before.

Its about time imo, look at how Rodney King was killed and how they tried to discredit his name and reputation, and even though he was brutally beaten to death on camera, no real changes came from all the rioting and protesting! Pigs are just back to their old ways again.

Police have FAR TOO MUCH authority...they need to loose some of it immediately.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:22 PM

42,863 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Since a cop's job is to keep law and order, and they can deploy both restraint (which always carries risk) and lethal force to do so, it absolutely matters what the deceased's history was. It speaks to what actually happened and what choices the cop was likely being forced to make.
You seem to think this is some kind of game where cop and criminal are on even ground, and the criminal has the right to fight, be violent, and generally put the cop at risk without inherently dangerous force being used against the criminal.
That misconception could not be more wrong.
Ninety nine percent of good people never take a charge, let alone force a cop into being physical with them. And never twice or more.
Criminals carry 100% of the blame for forcing inherently dangerous physical confrontations with Police. This is not the Even-Steven game that you are deluded that it is.
Cops are going to go home each night at any cost. Anyone who doesn't want to be seen as an obstacle to that cannot get physical with police or disobey them for any reason.
Those are basic rules of civilization and survival in it.
Using lethal force is very strictly limited to situations where the Officers life is at immediate risk or the public is at risk of harm from the suspect. Unless the Officer has encountered the suspect before and had some reason to check their criminal history, they have no idea of what it is while the suspect is being arrested. What do you think? If a suspect runs from a cop, the cop yells "wait, time out! I need to check your criminal history" How do you come up with stuff like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies