Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 02:44 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times

Advertisements

I am black. This is just embarrassing. What is this fool doing? What will this do to help our community?? What will this do to bring justice for George Floyd?

https://twitter.com/politeonthinice/...76868753604610

This is why we're the laughing stock. This is why nothing gets accomplished. We do stuff like this. We were locked down for two months for a virus that did minimal damage and we're doing stuff like this? What is happening with our community??

My heart seriously breaks looking at stuff like this.

https://twitter.com/thatsobishen/sta...92203677286401
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 02:49 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
I don’t know what he is doing but your post seems a bit suspect. A virus that did minimal damage? It’s killed 107K people and most cities are seeing Black Death rates much higher than other groups.

So either you aren’t actually Black or you are just blind to the facts.

Now, if you just made it about this video I would agree 100 percent. Dude is trying to dance and I don’t know why but it’s better than throwing bricks and risking getting shot.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:49 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
As things go.....he could have been doing a lot worse things. Dancing....come on man! Dance is a big part of black culture. Let me see. He could have been looting. He could have been burning things down. He could have been throwing bricks at the police. He could have been spitting on the police. It was peaceful protest dude. I have no problem what what he is doing....accept that I can't bust moves like that anymore.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:50 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,694,212 times
Video won't play so not sure what happened.

You have a valid concern. I think a lot of people now days know that whatever those people are doing in the video is not a true reflection of most black Americans.

The problem I see with this is I think a lot of times you have white people (and hispanic/asian) that want to change the way they view black people but then they see something like that.

People seem to forget that many white Americans grow up in areas where black people just don't live. The only time they see black people is when they watch TV. So when you see stuff like this it makes you think that this is how it is. It's not right but that's just how things end up. Just like many black people who live in all black areas. They aren't around white people so they only know what the media tells them & most of the time it's not good.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
It will do the same as when the Japanese launched Pearl Harbor did it make us lift the oil embargo
I don’t think so

Old 06-04-2020, 02:53 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I don’t know what he is doing but your post seems a bit suspect. A virus that did minimal damage? It’s killed 107K people and most cities are seeing Black Death rates much higher than other groups.

Now, if you just made it about this video I would agree 100 percent. Dude is trying to dance and I don’t know why but it’s better than throwing bricks and risking getting shot.

Make way everyone, please clear the path..... Joe Biden has just stepped into the thread.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:01 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:

I HATE posts like yours. If you want to be a black ally or whatever, please cut this BS out or don't post, it's one of the most disrespectful things you can do. You sound like Joe Biden.

Yes, I am black and I am not okay with someone dancing to provoke a cop. Yes, us black people can think for ourselves.

The virus DID do minimal damage compared to what we locked up for. 107K deaths vs. the projected 3-4 million deaths is pretty good (no death is good, but still much lower than the projections). It shows that social distancing and the quarantine did work. It could've been a lot worse and thankfully, it wasn't as bad as predicted.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:02 PM

634 posts, read 897,563 times
It looks like he's having some kind of fit because I've never seen a "dance" like that before, /weird.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

Nice racist post. As if blacks are a monolith and your absurd post is the end all of who is what. You get too much wrong and that's why people don't listen to you.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:00 PM

234 posts, read 90,158 times
Quote:

Nice try Joe "y'all ain't black" Biden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies