Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 10:00 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,594,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Upholding the peace and enforcing the law is not profitable, nor should it be. Silliness.

Actually it should be. People who are taking the time to protect you should be properly compensated. No one owe you their time. If you want protection, you should pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 10:01 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,736,917 times
The US Constitution is a marvelous guide.

All citizens are sovereign, with none to govern but themselves.

Everyone should be armed. An armed society, is a polite society. And a society that will quickly sort itself out. Like the "old west".

Oh well, that's kinda where we're headed right now. To the victor's go the spoils.

Carry on.

CN

Old 06-05-2020, 10:02 AM

1,503 posts, read 608,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I am not sure why people think privatized police is cheaper.

When I was in the 82nd airborne division, a lot of the experienced guys left the military to work for private military contractor (PMC) like Blackwater and make 3x more than in the military.
Because private company does not need toilet covers for $500,000 a piece.
Look up word "corruption" in a dictionary.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:02 AM

994 posts, read 502,837 times
Oh what could go wrong with a bunch Blackwaters across the country...

Old 06-05-2020, 10:06 AM

3,083 posts, read 3,268,891 times
I hear there is a great company called OCP that would be perfect for privatizing LE. Their tech is second to none.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:07 AM

45,247 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I am not sure why people think privatized police is cheaper.

When I was in the 82nd airborne division, a lot of the experienced guys left the military to work for private military contractor (PMC) like Blackwater and make 3x more than in the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
Oh what could go wrong with a bunch Blackwaters across the country...
They aren't an example of a private service. Nothing funded with tax dollars is.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-05-2020 at 10:18 AM..

Old 06-05-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Selling drugs is another topic, and we can discuss it but it will divert from my point. Which is what I presume you are attempting to do.

Quickly (again we can debate this in another thread, though this debate is old here):

Selling street drugs is against the law and is therefore, by definition, a criminal act. See how that works?

There is a vast difference between crack, heroin, street drugs in general, and pharma drugs.

Anyone on street level in Philly knows this to be fact due, at minimum, due to the massive uptick in deaths from fentanyl tainted street drugs. We have lost legions of people due to tainted street drugs in recent years.

So you're a drug addict, and friends with street drug dealers, which is why you want the police gone?

You are what is known as a "social burden" and a "social liability" that puts the good people of society, who keep it sane and normal, at risk. You don't belong in society in my opinion.

Back to my main point:

Ghetto thugs.

Who you dishonestly paint is 'innocent drug dealers'.

My point is that they are savage murderers that society needs to be protected from either by a public police force or their complete ejection from society. Which will it be?

Philly had 356 homicides in 2019. The animals who committed them are why we have a public police force. Not your pet issues of drugs and taxes.

Those ghetto thugs that you are defending committed the vast majority of those murders.

And that's before we get to the armed robberies, rapes , and assaults that are attributed to this group.

I'm fifth generation in this city. I've watched my safe childhood neighborhood become a dangerous, high violent crime place with the invasion of the ghetto thugs.

Public Police aren't going away. You're only succeeding in drawing attention to yourself as a major social problem, especially in this climate.

Who cares, drugs should still be legal. You're just leaving money on the table by keeping them illegal. And measures to fight drugs have not worked. All the money we spend, and the drug problem is worse than it's ever been. We can save people who make bad decisions. If people want to make bad decisions, I don't see why it's wrong to make a few bucks off of it.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
because you are one of the bad guys?

I'm just spitballing here....

Why are you bringing up black people murders. This is a thread about privatization of police. I know people want to race bait every chance they get. If black men are killed due to the drug business, then they've clearly made the wrong decisions. I'm a black guy, and I have no fear of being murdered due to the drug business.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:34 AM

14,233 posts, read 4,604,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They aren't an example of a private service. Nothing funded with tax dollars is.
If you and your neighbors chip in $$_to hire private police, you will be hire from private companies similar to Halliburton or Blackwater. Thats the point.

Imagine if your neighborhood has conflict with another neighorhood down the streets also with their own private police, i bet two neighborhood will be battling it out using their own private police force. It's like Afghan warlords with their own private army.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:35 AM

5,989 posts, read 2,243,675 times
Worst idea of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies