Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 06:53 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times

Advertisements

The helmet hitting the ground probably made the sound, not his skull, or his brains would be like fried eggs. I agree that I would never approach a line of sweeping cops like that flailing my arms around. His arms did break the fall a little bit when he landed. I think they could have just grabbed and cuffed him but how were they to know what his intention was ? I guess they wanted people off the streets. Still daylight, but if they tell you "move" or "go home" that's what you do. "Back away" you back away, and avoid a ruckus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 03:15 AM

11,784 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
I've been clear the entire time.
You seem to be the only one having a problem understanding the plain facts.

I'm not "suggesting" anything.
Don't look for hidden meanings while at the same time ignoring the things I actually stated.

Neither of the people in the two incidents were "innocent victims".
They placed themselves in the situations through their own actions.

How about this actual "murder"?
Will there be protests for this 77 year old man?:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...dorn-in-riots/
I'd like to add that the thug that shot this retired cop should have been in jail - he'd been picked up for robbery back in 2014 for robbery and assault - he was given probation on a 7 yr offense, he violated that probation twice and was still out on the street instead of in jail.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:13 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You'll never see a cop rendering first aid. They are taught to never do that. Liability issues.
I don't think this is true. There are numerous news reports over the years that indicate so.

Here's one:

kqed.org/news/34377/what-do-police-do-after-a-suspect-is-wounded

" Peter Keane, a
former police commissioner and dean emeritus of the Golden Gate University School of Law. An edited transcript is below the audio file.

Once the police are satisfied that there is no danger to them from the person anymore, then they're under an obligation to provide medical assistance right away."

In my town there was an altercation between police and an individual that used his car as a weapon (rammed police cars and almost ran over a police officer). The end of the chase ended with his car in a backyard pool... It was clearly seen on video that the police officers were rendering CPR to the individual who suffered a gun shot wound and drowning.

One of the issues under discussion with the recent Rayshard Brooks shooting is that the police officers are seen on video putting on gloves and collecting casings before they rendered medical attention to Rayshard.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:31 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
In my town there was an altercation between police and an individual that used his car as a weapon (rammed police cars and almost ran over a police officer). The end of the chase ended with his car in a backyard pool... It was clearly seen on video that the police officers were rendering CPR to the individual who suffered a gun shot wound and drowning.

One of the issues under discussion with the recent Rayshard Brooks shooting is that the police officers are seen on video putting on gloves and collecting casings before they rendered medical attention to Rayshard.

Maybe in the cases where a cop on scene has been trained in first aid. Some cops may even be trained as paramedics. So I shouldn't have said "never". And I've heard of cops going the extra mile to revive or care for a child but you generally are not going to see a cop rendering first aid. Cops are not generally protected by Good Samaritan laws and any wrong moves, however innocent and unintentional, could lead to consequences. Their duty to act is subject to the limits of their training.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:42 AM

1,693 posts, read 1,530,488 times
Update: all charges against the Buffalo police officers have been dismissed...
Charges dismissed against 2 Buffalo Police officers who shoved protester in June - WGRZ

Old 02-12-2021, 09:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Maybe in the cases where a cop on scene has been trained in first aid. Some cops may even be trained as paramedics. So I shouldn't have said "never". And I've heard of cops going the extra mile to revive or care for a child but you generally are not going to see a cop rendering first aid. Cops are not generally protected by Good Samaritan laws and any wrong moves, however innocent and unintentional, could lead to consequences. Their duty to act is subject to the limits of their training.
Lil Wayne -

"My life was saved when I was young," he reminded listeners on his show. "I was 12 or something, I think. Shot myself. I was saved by a white cop, Uncle Bob. So you have to understand ... you have to understand the way I view police, period. I was saved by a white cop."

He said, "There was a bunch of black cops jumped over me when they saw me at that door, laying on the floor with that hole in my chest. He refused to. Those black cops jumped over me, and ran through the crib, and said, 'We found the gun, we found this, we found that.' He said, 'I found this baby on this floor. I need to get to a hospital.' He didn’t wait for an ambulance. He took his car. He made somebody drive it, and he made sure that I lived."

Way to go Uncle Bob. Because that's what a man does

Old 04-11-2022, 07:49 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Buffalo Police officers who pushed 75-year-old during Black Lives Matter protest cleared of wrongdoing

Quote:
Two Buffalo, New York, police officers who pushed a 75-year-old protester to the ground in June 2020, fracturing the man's skull, were cleared of wrongdoing by an arbitrator on Friday.

In the ruling, arbitrator Jeffrey M. Selchick found officers Aaron Torgalski and Robert McCabe not guilty of three charges of violating police and city rules, saying their use of force in pushing the protester was "absolutely legitimate." The arbitrator also wrote that the protester, Martin Gugino, was not complying with their orders to leave the area and "was definitely not an innocent bystander."

In the arbitration proceeding, both officers downplayed the force they used. Officer McCabe testified that he gave Gugino a "nudge" in an attempt to "get him away from our personal space. We had no intention on injuring him," according to the arbitrator's report; Torgalski testified that he "didn't make solid contact with (Gugino)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies