Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 04:56 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Surprised but pleased that you were the person to find the middle ground on this issue. Totally agree with you. But just like Rodney King, police can't do this stuff and have it get on video and people not expect a reaction. OTOH, just like Rodney King shouldn't have tried to flee in his car, George Floyd should have just got in the damn cop car.

I wish more people could see this like you do.

Many DO, as illustrated by the marches all over the country.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:02 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Source? The ME does not suggest that. What was he doing that showed he was intixicated?
Both toxicology reports and the unedited video shows a baggy of crystal (?) Fall out of his pocket.

Candace Owens talks about it but her video is being censored.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:04 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Both toxicology reports and the unedited video shows a baggy of crystal (?) Fall out of his pocket.

Candace Owens talks about it but her video is being censored.
That he was a user is in the official record. That he was intoxicated and showing it is not. Try again

Old 06-11-2020, 05:21 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That he was a user is in the official record. That he was intoxicated and showing it is not. Try again
Both toxicology reports say recent meth use and fentanyl intoxication. Facts are facts.

Old 06-11-2020, 06:56 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think what we have seen in the past few weeks will set back white/black relations in a big way. The blacks we saw rioting may have won the battle, but will lose the war when it comes to their future. I have always supported blacks, there are a lot of very good, upstanding people of color. But the images we saw on TV of them just going crazy and burning and looting has forever painted a lot of them as out of control, and just out to destroy things for the Hell of it.

It was very disappointing to see so many of them causing damage to people and businesses who had nothing to do with the Floyd incident. In fact, more like disgusting to see that.
I agree.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:05 PM

18,459 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
I didn't ask you. I asked another poster who was specifically writing about black people.

Nothing in the forum TOS prevents me from answering your post......

Which BTW I noticed you completely deflected.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:00 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I am constantly seeing City-Data Trump supporters claim that "blacks love Trump." Yet:

- Trump was successfully sued for racist housing practices against black renters
- called for the death penalty of the Central Park 5 even after they had been exonerated
- called countries with black leaders "sh**-hole countries."
- called inner-city Baltimore, a majority black area, a "rat-infested hell hole where nobody would want to live"

I wonder if African-Americans that support Trump know the truth.
1) You are correct, the central park 5 were just out robbing and beating other people and were beaten to confess to the jogger rape\beating that they did not do.

2) Those are blankhole countries, whether or not they have black leaders is not the point nor was that the motivation for calling them that....and furthermore he was correct which is rare lol. But by all means, tell me about your next vacation and how you are considering Somalia, Yemen or maybe Afghanistan as a destination.

3) He's pretty much correct about Baltimore. What do you hear many professional athletes say (quietly) after making it big? Oh, they moved their family somewhere nice....bought mom a house. Same goes for parts of any major city or even small towns.

4) I'd need to see the specific link but no doubt with his holdings over so many years his buinesses were found guilty of that. Unproven that he implemented or even knew about those practices as he's not exactly the hands on details type.

In short, I don't care whom likes or doesn't like Trump but all the willy nilly claims of racism just fly about and it's evil and divisive. Trumps divisive too, so don't be like Trump.

Heck, you and many others likely called GWB racist as well yet he's best buds with the Obamas. Seems like maybe you got suckered into that one like the Trump supporters get suckered by his wall or other statemetns. Or maybe the Clintons, remember they got called racist in the 2008 primary. Racist gets thrown around left and right...people that do that are frankly deplorable.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:03 AM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its sad so many people have to die over this racist crap!

IF these drugs were legal and regulated, we would not be seeing this many overdose deaths, the powers that be prefer it to remain the way it is right now, with the criminals running the drug trade! Once you legalize something on the national level, it takes it out of the criminals hands, this is precisely what happened when alcohol prohibition ended...look around today, see any criminals involved in the sale or distribution of alcohol?

Fentanyl is a synthetic derivative of Opium...wars have been fought over opium for centuries and I guarantee, we will fight over them for centuries to come.
Can you stop with your pro drugs posts! Over and over you say the same garbage defending the use of drugs. Don't do drugs, its that simple.

This thread is about George Floyd violently holding a weapon to a pregnant woman. Stay on topic.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:07 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-6cRu_m_QE

Old 06-12-2020, 05:01 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
True. He did not deserve to be murdered. But he was an ex-felon and deadbeat dad, and neither did he deserve to have multiple memorial services throughout the country, a televised funeral, a former VP paying him homage, or 8 minutes of silence at the NYSE to honor him.
I have yet to see 1 iota of how this was a racial incident. The 2 men knew each other and worked together.

We get it from the "news" all the time. A white person does or says something to a black person and it is AUTOMATICALLY because of race and NEVER when a black person does or says something to a white person.

When a white person disagreed with obama, RACIST was thrown at them. Yet never when a black disagrees with a white. We see it a LOT on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.