Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 06:39 AM

1,757 posts, read 757,630 times

Advertisements

To Republicans who are on the fence with Trump:

There are a lot of extremists on both sides that rile up crowds into frenzies unfortunately. But, do you think that Trump can be the one that truly brings healing and unity to this country? Hasn't he been to divisive and his reelection would just breed more division from the left?

I could even see someone like Pence as a person that could calm a situation down somewhat. Or if you look back at the 2016 primaries you had other candidates that weren't anywhere near as divisive.

Trump is your candidate though and his tweets and comments are often absurd. I don't think anybody should vote for a highly divisive candidate right now in these times.

P.S. No, Trump supporters aren't bad people. There are good and bad across the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2020, 06:46 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,222 times
you’ve convinced me. I think I’ll vote for Biden in November

Old 06-11-2020, 06:51 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
The Democrats really have it over the Republicans. The Reps have been so wishy washy not knowing whether to stand with Trump, near him or to run. They are more worried about losing their comfy jobs at the public trough then taking a stand and doing something positive for America.

The Dems are united on so many fronts and they all stand strong in their hatred of all things Trump.

The Dems have been running the show for so long and the Reps, even when they had the House and Senate they were running scared.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:12 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post

There are a lot of extremists on both sides that rile up crowds into frenzies unfortunately. But, do you think that Trump can be the one that truly brings healing and unity to this country? Hasn't he been to divisive and his reelection would just breed more division from the left?

I could even see someone like Pence as a person that could calm a situation down somewhat. Or if you look back at the 2016 primaries you had other candidates that weren't anywhere near as divisive.

Trump is your candidate though and his tweets and comments are often absurd. I don't think anybody should vote for a highly divisive candidate right now in these times

The Republican leadership has abdicated through its own indecision and passivity -- a trend which began when Ronald Regan left office, and has intensified ever since. From the days of Barry Goldwater, many of us have continued to recognize that we stand not so much for a collection of platitudes but against a vicious enemy called totalitarianism -- most recently manifested in the absurdity called "Political Correctness".

If the OP wants to present himself as a Quaker, he should reject the use of force and coercion to impose his, or his associates' views as a resolution to our present divisions; for it is the radical Leftists, and their ANTIFA bully-boy allies who covet this power far more than Trump, who is more of a provoker or "devil's advocate" who lures the real Fascists into a demonstration of their own avarice and stupidity.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-11-2020 at 07:26 AM..

Old 06-11-2020, 07:14 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:

Trump is your candidate though and his tweets and comments are often absurd. I don't think anybody should vote for a highly divisive candidate right now in these times.

P.S. No, Trump supporters aren't bad people. There are good and bad across the board.
The days of presidents uniting the country ended with the advent of social media. Possibly even earlier with the World Wide Web. I’ll take Trump over the Democrats any day. The only way to save the Democratic Party is for them to lose, and lose badly.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:

Vote for stupid !!!

Its your choice until stupid gets elected and removes personal choice with cancel culture steroids !!!

Old 06-11-2020, 07:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The days of presidents uniting the country ended with the advent of social media. Possibly even earlier with the World Wide Web. I’ll take Trump over the Democrats any day. The only way to save the Democratic Party is for them to lose, and lose badly.

I don't buy it, any candidate can just as easily use social media to unite or to divide. Like any other tool, social media can be used for good or bad.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:22 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
But, do you think that Trump can be the one that truly brings healing and unity to this country?
Absolutely not. Like, not a chance.

Quote:
P.S. No, Trump supporters aren't bad people.
Maybe two years ago I could've believed that. But with everything Donald Trump has said and done up to today...if you still support him, you're part of the problem in this country.

Sure, everybody has a right to an opinion. But if you support Donald Trump as of today, you're probably not a kind, compassionate person.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:23 AM

25,585 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Pretty good statement.
Most of the, "do you support Trump?" types of posts ignore the fact that the choice is between Trump and Biden, and pretend that it is a Trump or not-Trump choice.
Biden is a simple tool used by the DNC. Horrifyingly enough, they think Biden is their best choice.
There are almost no Republicans who are "on the fence" with Trump. The Democrat choice of Biden assures that.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:26 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:

The choice is Biden and the destruction of our freedoms and being run by a mob out to destroy the nation or Trump to continue making America great....I choose to make America great for the sake of my kids and grandkids.

p.s. I would love someone that could unite the country but that is just not possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies