Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 02:42 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I know something about NYC hospitals by reputation and Elmhurst hospital is definitely not one of the best. That being said, there is no conspiracy here. The working class neighborhoods where multiple families live in cramped tiny apartments with people who can't work from home. So of course they were hit the hardest by the pandemic. And not surprisingly, their neighborhood hospital isn't that great, as the poor neighborhoods typically have the worst services. If anything bad happened at Elmhurst hospital, I'm sure it's incompetence exacerbated by crazy patient volume.
Someone higher up was putting COVID patients together with non-COVID patients. Not only on the same floor but the same rooms! It’s really disturbing.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:22 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Thanks Miss Terri. The only one I've seen from that list is the first one. There have been a few other videos of docs and nurses that have come out with them saying similar things. At what point does it become enough of them before someone notices and says, "Hold up. Let's get you all together and tell us what you've witnessed". And I mean, someone who has the authority to start rolling heads if what all of these people are saying is true.

So many of them are saying very similar things. MPowering, I didn't mean all the docs and nurses in that one video, I meant all the docs and nurses in a variety of videos that have come out over time throughout all of this. Completely separate people from the video in the OP's link.

As for the series I was talking about earlier, the first one was a scientist who was basically middle of the road. His only criticism was for the media, but overall, he had some points in there that even those who don't believe anything would agree with, since he's mainly saying a lot of things they've already repeated on this forum.

The 2nd one, I think will rub some people the wrong way and turn them off immediately, but it's worth listening to. It's some German sounding scientist who starts off by stating that he doesn't get paid by the government, so he can actually practice science. If you're not used to blunt and straight to the point, which many don't like, but I met quite a few in Germany who were just like that, then he'll bother you, but he's got some pretty strong claims in there. Even my first reaction was to say, "You are full of it", but you know what, later on, he starts to explain the reasons for what he's saying. It's definitely controversial because he is just that blunt and to the point and says a lot of things that we have been told are the complete opposite.

That's as far as I've got on that list. Will have to pick up later. I like that the person making these videos is getting as many perspectives as he can - some you'll agree with, some you won't. Still not a bad idea to watch them all.

Here's the series:

Watch more episodes of Perspectives on the Pandemic here:
Episode 1: https://dai.ly/x7ubcws
Episode 2: https://dai.ly/k7af1wKOAvcoA7w5DkZ
Episode 3: https://youtu.be/VK0Wtjh3HVA
Episode 4: https://youtu.be/cwPqmLoZA4s
Episode 5: https://dai.ly/k3l3VyZ2YQv6Zbw5VqE
Episode 6: https://youtu.be/3f0VRtY9oTs
Episode 7: https://youtu.be/2JbOvjtnPpE
Episode 8: https://youtu.be/WlLmt6_w_AM
I agree, they should all be interviewed, and real experts should have equal time to dispute their claims. Up until now, they have been saying whatever they want, completely unchallenged. I haven’t watched everything, but from what I have watched, their claims collapse under the slightest scrutiny. The doctor in MP1’s video was not being biased when he said her claim was “insane”. That was my exact thought when I heard it.

I say, let them all speak, say their peace, and answer challenges and opposing views by experts.

What will come out of it is that most of the stuff they are saying is BS. A portion will be true. After all, the system was overwhelmed. It was like a war zone, with people dying left and right, hospitals searching for places to store the bodies. The care was definitely not what it was under normal circumstances, and I am the first person to admit that, but a lot of the claims I am hearing from these YouTube nurses dont hold up to scrutiny. Many of the claims are formed from lack of knowledge on the nurse’s part, and that is going to really hurt them when they are challenged. They will come out of it looking like complete morons.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:31 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree, they should all be interviewed, and real experts should have equal time to dispute their claims. Up until now, they have been saying whatever they want, completely unchallenged. I haven’t watched everything, but from what I have watched, their claims collapse under the slightest scrutiny. The doctor in MP1’s video was not being biased when he said her claim was “insane”. That was my exact thought when I heard it.

I say, let them all speak, say their peace, and answer challenges and opposing views by experts.

What will come out of it is that most of the stuff they are saying is BS. A portion will be true. After all, the system was overwhelmed. It was like a war zone, with people dying left and right, hospitals searching for places to store the bodies. The care was definitely not what it was under normal circumstances, and I am the first person to admit that, but a lot of the claims I am hearing from these YouTube nurses dont hold up to scrutiny. Many of the claims are formed from lack of knowledge on the nurse’s part, and that is going to really hurt them when they are challenged. They will come out of it looking like complete morons.
Yeah, I'm not going to listen to some random person on a forum who claims to have the knowledge of these doctors' and nurses' experiences when the forum user wasn't even there.

But please, do continue to tell us all how you know everything. It's humorous.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Someone higher up was putting COVID patients together with non-COVID patients. Not only on the same floor but the same rooms! It’s really disturbing.
This is not really true. Watch the video MP1 Put up, of the doctor responding to this video. I agreed with everything that he said. He was 100% right. Especially at the beginning, the nasal swab test had a very low sensitivity.

We had so many patients that came up negative, that we knew HAD to be positive, and turned out to be positive on later tests. For a while, we were just wearing PPE for everyone, because we couldn’t trust the test.

If you have a patient that had a loss of taste and smell, a dry cough, a high fever at night that goes away during the daytime, and now they are short of breath and their oxygen saturation is 50%? All in the middle of a Pandemic where people with the disease are having the same exact symptoms?

Only, thIs patient’s test comes up negative, in a test where 40% of negatives are false negatives.

Are you going to put that patient with a person that HAS the disease, or put them with a patient that DOESN’T have the disease? You need to put them somewhere, so which is the smarter place to put them?

Old 06-12-2020, 06:43 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
I believe she was on Tucker Carlson last night. If she is the same person, she video'd her concern with another nurse in the hospital room with those on ventilators. She complained to her supervisor and was sent home.

Old 06-12-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not going to listen to some random person on a forum who claims to have the knowledge of these doctors' and nurses' experiences when the forum user wasn't even there.

But please, do continue to tell us all how you know everything. It's humorous.
Humorous? Typically, I respect you, even when I disagree with you. But my post was merely calling on them to be challenged, and this is your response to that? If you really cared about the truth, you would want them to be challenged too. But instead you deflect, and challenge me instead? You are better than that.

They are saying a lot of things that, medically, just aren’t true. Under any circumstances. It is hard to know for sure whether many of these untrue statements are intentional, or just due to lack of medical knowledge.

As to “what I know”. I was/am in a northern NJ hospital that was completely inundated with COVID patients, just as bad as these hospitals in NYC. I started my day parking my car next to refrigerated trailers filled with dead bodies. And the days just went downhill from there. I saw more people die in a couple of months, than I have in my entire 24 year carrier before that. I tried all kinds of unproven treatments, in the hopes that something would work for these patients, but they rarely did.

I intubated them. I managed them in the ICU for as long as they lived. In 90% of the people I intubated, I knew I was going to be the last person they ever saw or talked to. Right before I would put them to sleep they would often ask me how long they would be intubated. I would just tell them, “everybody is different”, knowing full well that they had very little chance of ever being conscious again.

So, laugh if you want. And no, I don't know everything. But I know a hell of a lot more about this than 99.9% of the people out there.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Humorous? Typically, I respect you, even when I disagree with you. But my post was merely calling on them to be challenged, and this is your response to that? If you really cared about the truth, you would want them to be challenged too. But instead you deflect, and challenge me instead? You are better than that.

They are saying a lot of things that, medically, just aren’t true. Under any circumstances. It is hard to know for sure whether many of these untrue statements are intentional, or just due to lack of medical knowledge.

As to “what I know”. I was/am in a northern NJ hospital that was completely inundated with COVID patients, just as bad as these hospitals in NYC. I started my day parking my car next to refrigerated trailers filled with dead bodies. And the days just went downhill from there. I saw more people die in a couple of months, than I have in my entire 24 year carrier before that. I tried all kinds of unproven treatments, in the hopes that something would work for these patients, but they rarely did.

I intubated them. I managed them in the ICU for as long as they lived. In 90% of the people I intubated, I knew I was going to be the last person they ever saw or talked to. Right before I would put them to sleep they would often ask me how long they would be intubated. I would just tell them, “everybody is different”, knowing full well that they had very little chance of ever being conscious again.

So, laugh if you want. And no, I don't know everything. But I know a hell of a lot more about this than 99.9% of the people out there.
See? You didn't like that, did you? But that's essentially what you just did, and so many on here do. They pick one thing, run with it, and completely ignore everything else the person said. Not to mention the accumulation of information that is coming out from nurses and doctors from all over the country - this is what happens. "Well, this one thing they said...." and then dismiss everything else that they said.

See how that feels?

Old 06-12-2020, 08:16 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
See? You didn't like that, did you? But that's essentially what you just did, and so many on here do. They pick one thing, run with it, and completely ignore everything else the person said. Not to mention the accumulation of information that is coming out from nurses and doctors from all over the country - this is what happens. "Well, this one thing they said...." and then dismiss everything else that they said.

See how that feels?
....why don't you make your argument a little more cogent? I reread your posts and have little idea what you're upset about.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:23 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Bye.
Isn't it fascinating to watch them instantly dismiss the smartest, clearest-thinking independent minds in knee-jerk fashion? When, in fact, it is those smart, clear-thinking independent minds that are our only hope for fixing a health care system broken very nearly beyond repair.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
....why don't you make your argument a little more cogent? I reread your posts and have little idea what you're upset about.
Okay, let's start with:

Why not address the part where they were talking about coding and the doctor telling them the patient was DNR when the family said that patient was not, but because the family couldn't be there, the doctors went ahead and claimed the patient was DNR? They had a big conversation about that in the video. Are you going to argue that the nurses don't have rules they, too, have to follow?

Or, how about the fact that those tests came took from 5-10 days to come back with a result? The rapid tests were "too expensive". Okay, maybe the hospital can't afford those, fair enough. But why would you put a patient that you have no idea if they are positive or negative in the same room with someone that you know is positive?

And to what you said, "we just knew that they HAD to be positive" ... but you didn't know that. You ran a test because you didn't know. You may have suspected, but you didn't know. And you're asking us what better place to put them? How about isolated? Away from everyone? How about go the hell home, do not leave the house, and wait for your results instead of putting them in rooms with someone else with definite Covid before you assume?

How about her conversations with the doctor?

How about all of those false positives? You talk about the false negatives, but you don't talk about the false positives?

How about the guy who came in for a stroke? You didn't address that.

How about towards the very end of the video when she's talking about how they had these patients on a long laundry list of drugs? Discuss those, what do they do, why would the patient need to be on so many drugs for a viral infection?

And I'd also ask: Take the time to listen to that series. You don't want to agree with episode 9 after fully watching it, fine. You don't want to agree with Mr. Blunt and Direct to the Point German dude in episode 2, that's fine, too. I'm used to that kind of personality, and even I was sitting there thinking, "You are not going to win a lot of people over with your very matter of fact, blunt statements", so I get that others would immediately turn him off.

How about episode 1, 3, and 4? Yes, they are time consuming, but there is a wealth of information coming from them. Episode 1 and 4 have the same scientist. One if from the beginning, one is one month later after he did more studies. Episode 2 is another person that really deserves to be heard. Both of these people have no political agenda, and stay neutral despite how much the interviewer tries to get them to blame someone.

Watch those, too. Listen to what they're saying. Then go back and listen to episode 9 with the nurse you don't agree with. And, find those other videos from other nurses and doctors that have come out saying a lot of the same things.

And let's talk about why they let students work on patients. That's not false, that was in the news. Or residents with little to no experience - and before talking about how they were short of people, talk about those in that hotel who were waiting to work but did not get called to work because they weren't needed at that time. So, they sat in that hotel and waited while students worked on patients.

How about the fact, not made up, fact that these hospitals were being paid for every death and every ventilated patient? And let's discuss why so many who were on ventilators died.

What about the doctors that were shown in that video (episode 9) on local news channels? What do you have to say about what they said on the news?

I understand that nurses are not doctors. But let's not dismiss someone simply because they aren't a doctor, let's listen to everything that has been presented, and then point out where things were wrong, but also point out where things were correct, and you are left questioning why was that allowed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies