Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 06:31 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,960 times

Advertisements

I couldn't believe it, so I did some digging, and sure enough it is true. I am constantly seeing Hispanic people marching with Black Lives Matter, and I wonder if they would if they knew the truth. In a nut shell, he dressed as a utilities worker to gain access to the house, then pulled a gun and held it over the pregnant lady's stomach as his friends robbed her house. Here is the link for more of the story as well as the official court document.

https://classichiphopmagazine.com/ed...pregnant-woman

Old 06-10-2020, 06:37 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Yes, it's true but it's immaterial to the issue of his arrest and what happened. Nominating the man for sainthood is ridiculous, but his past is no excuse for police misconduct.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:42 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Yes, it's true but it's immaterial to the issue of his arrest and what happened. Nominating the man for sainthood is ridiculous, but his past is no excuse for police misconduct.
Surprised but pleased that you were the person to find the middle ground on this issue. Totally agree with you. But just like Rodney King, police can't do this stuff and have it get on video and people not expect a reaction. OTOH, just like Rodney King shouldn't have tried to flee in his car, George Floyd should have just got in the damn cop car.

I wish more people could see this like you do.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:43 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,518,862 times
George was not a saint. But no one is.

It's really the total situation that's made him a martyr. And hopefully something positive will come out of the deal.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:46 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
I couldn't believe it, so I did some digging, and sure enough it is true. I am constantly seeing Hispanic people marching with Black Lives Matter, and I wonder if they would if they knew the truth. In a nut shell, he dressed as a utilities worker to gain access to the house, then pulled a gun and held it over the pregnant lady's stomach as his friends robbed her house. Here is the link for more of the story as well as the official court document.

https://classichiphopmagazine.com/ed...pregnant-woman
Just another reason why Fentanyl George is a gigantic hero to the 0.000000000000000001% BLM movement....he would get more points if he would have performed an abortion on the spot.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:54 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Okay, he wasn’t a model citizen. He was probably a problematic citizen. He probably should have been arrested that day. He did not start out his interactions with the police that day acting like a cooperative citizen, which is why the two rookies called for backup in the first place.

None of that changes that he did not deserve to be slowly executed for anything he did in his lifetime.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:55 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,960 times
Quote:
You are right, it may be, but im just wondering how many hispanic people would be marching with BLM if they knew the truth. I see a lot of them, and they don't take kindly to people doing that, especially if it involves a woman with a child.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:56 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Okay, he wasn’t a model citizen. He was probably a problematic citizen. He did not deserve to be slowly executed for anything he did in his lifetime.
Agreed, but that is putting it mildly. He was a violent, career criminal and bad person in general. Not the saint and angel that was depicted during his funeral. Please.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:57 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Okay, he wasn’t a model citizen. He was probably a problematic citizen. He did not deserve to be slowly executed for anything he did in his lifetime.
The cops screwed up but he’s not the hero they are making him out to be. If the cops had shot him in and alley with no video no one would have noticed.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:59 AM

13,606 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Exactly. As well with the old man in Buffalo who was knocked down. Trump now claiming the guy was some kind of antifa agent. A ridiculous assertion, but let's say its true. Let's say the guy was scanning police radio. Then arrest him (if that's even illegal). Whatever the guy was doing in no way gives police the right to knock him down and leave him bleeding on the sidewalk.

Almost daily we see video of police swinging batons on protesters. I'm sorry, what law gives a cop the right to beat someone with a club?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies