Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 09:07 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Biden very well may pick Republican Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.
that might get my vote........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 01:09 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's not really like that at all. The "alt right" or "white supremacists" are not embraced by the Republican party and they are an incredibly tiny number of people total.

The Democratic party on the other hand, has embraced the far left and they've been moving further and further left for over a decade now. Left wing extremism is now mainstream for that party. Once upon a time you could say that it was just "loud voices" but those voices are coming from elected officials and nearly everyone who ran for the Democratic nomination for president.....not quite the same as a handful of rednecks that maybe you heard about online.
Thank you! I’m so sick of people acting like it’s equal on both sides. There are not millions of people on the right who are freaking racists.

Last edited by katygirl68; 06-14-2020 at 01:32 AM..

Old 06-14-2020, 01:13 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Biden very well may pick Republican Condoleezza Rice as his VP running mate.
No, Susan Rice is on the short list, and she’s awful.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:17 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Yes, a few. I can name a few names:

--Camille Paglia
--Dave Rubin
--Karlyn Borysenko

https://medium.com/@karlyn/this-libe...d-5f953d2814e6

As a Democrat, I never had to worry about social media censorship and had never received a violation or a warning on any platform. I do think it’s interesting to note that within days of my article [about attending a Trump rally] going viral, I received not one, but two, community violations on Instagram. The crime? I called a woman brilliant, talented, and empowered. And, though I reported a lot of posts where I was the target of clear harassment and bullying, Instagram chose not to do anything about it.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 06-14-2020 at 02:42 AM..

Old 06-14-2020, 03:25 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
The Democrats basically want to let child molesters, murderers, arsonists, and thieves from jail and replace them with Trump voters that want to work and go to church.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:14 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post

-Out of Control Cancel Culture! Careers ruined, overkill censorship so nobody is offended but only one side gets a voice in this. There are calls to cancel PAW PATROL, for Eff's sake!! Because it has police dogs and I guess that is a microaggression or something.
Statues being defaced and destroyed. The mob gets to decide if the rest of us should have them or not.

- Absolutely ZERO tolerance for diversity of opinion or debate. It's either you agree with them or you should have no voice, not only that, you should have your career destroyed or you can be physically assaulted as has happened to Trump supporters and Antifa victims.

Yeah cancel culture is not something I stand for and it's often the decent people that get thrown into it.

This has nothing to do with politics but generally the more unpopular/unusual your perspective the more it is ridiculed even though it might have some fair explanation.

I don't like the direction people in society are headed. It's not a question of sides..it's just humanity is hypocritical and over exaggeratory in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Not embraced by the Republican Party?? Lol Trump dogwhistles those groups all the time..

The last three dems to run for president were Obama Hillary and Biden all centrists regardless of foxnews trying to convince people there all far left commies lol.

Yes and even if it were true that people on the right were a vocal minority if you looked outside politics they would just be as ridiculous as those on the left. It's like a feminist trying to argue women are better than men when we all know both genders have their issues.

But I don't think it's even true in politics. Just look at how many Republicans look down on poor people saying people on welfare are scammers for example.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:26 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
It's not really like that at all. The "alt right" or "white supremacists" are not embraced by the Republican party and they are an incredibly tiny number of people total.

The Democratic party on the other hand, has embraced the far left and they've been moving further and further left for over a decade now. Left wing extremism is now mainstream for that party. Once upon a time you could say that it was just "loud voices" but those voices are coming from elected officials and nearly everyone who ran for the Democratic nomination for president.....not quite the same as a handful of rednecks that maybe you heard about online.
Exactly!!
The republicans immediately renounce their racists, white supremacists, domestic terrorists, and white color criminals .
While Dems and their corrupt media celebrate and elevate their bigots, anarchists, terrorists, and criminals.....

Old 06-14-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
So sorry to distress you. There's must be a place for centrists and real conservatives somewhere.

There was enough hyperbole in your post that I wouldn't consider you a centrist.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I doubt there's many, they don't allow ideological diversity on the left. Just ask J.K. Rowling what happens when you dare to believe something other than the current leftist dogma.

What happened to J.K. Rowling?

Old 06-14-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Liberals are in the process of being excommunicated from the church of the left.
That's exactly what's happened. People like Dave Rubin have been saying this for several years now. Even progressives like Camille Paglia have said similar things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies