Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 11:44 PM

8,563 posts, read 10,984,238 times

Advertisements

Has any one begun to wonder why all this racial strife has been so predominant of late?
BLM, Antifa, and some other splinter groups have somehow risen from obscurity, to dominate public opinion, and I believe I know why.

These groups have been around, but were only sporadically observed for the past few years.
Now they have come out of the woodwork, and are "prime time".
Why do you think this is.
Why all the talk about racism, and slavery?

I am absolutely sure it all has something to do with the trillions of dollars being bandied about , for reparations for descendants of slaves, that the democratic party is thinking about, in the halls of congress.

Make the blacks look like they are being persecuted, and gain sympathy for the "cause".
Show the world that"we blacks aren't going to take this white supremacy any longer".
Great timing I say.
Tear down the statues of people affiliated with slavery for starters.
Get rid of the confederate symbols that dominate the south, where many slaves were used by the white population.

How come none of this rebellion was happening in the 60's 70s' 80's 90s' ?
MLK was seeking equality.
I don't recall him campaigning for any reparation for descendants of slaves.

Has black thinking changed from those decades?
No it hasn't.
The offer of reparations is on the table, and trillion may well be allocated to the "cause".
I believe all this destruction we are seeing now, is nothing more than a show of disregard for our nation of laws, and is being used as a ruse to make sure the congress votes for reparations.

The killing of the black people by law enforcement was the frosting on the cake.
Truly unexpected by the black community, but a lightning rod to push forward their agenda, which is a huge payout in the form of reparations to to descendants of black slaves, which by the way, all blacks will claim to be, even if they aren't.

Think about this for a while, let it sink in.
Strange that after all these years, and decades, this issue is now in the forefront, and the house of representatives is presently talking about reparations .
All to convenient I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 04:38 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Excerpt: How come none of this rebellion was happening in the 60's 70s' 80's 90s' ?

Response: People were to busy working...........

Old 06-27-2020, 04:52 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Has any one begun to wonder why all this racial strife has been so predominant of late?
BLM, Antifa, and some other splinter groups have somehow risen from obscurity, to dominate public opinion, and I believe I know why.

These groups have been around, but were only sporadically observed for the past few years.

I am absolutely sure it all has something to do with the trillions of dollars being bandied about , for reparations for descendants of slaves, that the democratic party is thinking about, in the halls of congress.

Make the blacks look like they are being persecuted, and gain sympathy for the "cause".
Show the world that"we blacks aren't going to take this white supremacy any longer".
Great timing I say.
Get rid of the confederate symbols that dominate the south, where many slaves were used by the white population.

No it hasn't.
The offer of reparations is on the table, and trillion may well be allocated to the "cause".
I believe all this destruction we are seeing now, is nothing more than a show of disregard for our nation of laws, and is being used as a ruse to make sure the congress votes for reparations.

The killing of the black people by law enforcement was the frosting on the cake.
Truly unexpected by the black community, but a lightning rod to push forward their agenda, which is a huge payout in the form of reparations to to descendants of black slaves, which by the way, all blacks will claim to be, even if they aren't.

Strange that after all these years, and decades, this issue is now in the forefront, and the house of representatives is presently talking about reparations .
I respectfully disagree. I think all but the most gullible (or stupid) actually think reparations will every happen. This is all about getting blacks and naive whites to think that racism is a major, if not THE major, problem is this country - and turn out the vote against Trump. They started their “racist! Nazi!” shrieking three years ago for that purpose, and have ramped it up to a surreal and destructive level as the election looms.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:

Great timing I say.

How come you're unaware of the riots in many cities in the '60s?

Quote:

No it hasn't.

Or, maybe the straw that broke the camel's back?

Old 06-27-2020, 05:52 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
They don't need the government for reparations. Reparations are just a ruse to fuel continuing fights. The argument is that the government profited off of slaves, so the government must pay it back. Except the private sector profited just as much, so why can't they do it?

The private sector could start some kind of movement and make reparations happen. They could do the DNA tests or whatever. Figure out how to vet people. Create an infrastructure to allocate funds. And collect money---so much money. I nominate Jeff Bezos to donate first. Then the celebrities and other mega-rich. BLM can hand over all the money it just collected off of George Floyd. Then regular people. I would donate. And then it can go into the hands of the descendants of slaves. This is not rocket science.

Private sector is often better and more efficient than government.

But nobody really wants reparations. They just want the fight for reparations. If we fix a problem, they no longer have a problem to use to rip the country apart.

And if we provide a means of atonement, guilt and shame can no longer be used as a weapon.

Last edited by kmom2; 06-27-2020 at 06:01 AM..

Old 06-27-2020, 05:53 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Reparations will never be paid. It's a waste of time to even discuss it. It's not happening.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:03 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
When are are all going to stop telling lies.. we have had riots and civil unrest since day one -I will post the link... but for the lazy--I'll put a few as the list is extremely long...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

1940–1949
1942 – Sojourner Truth Homes Riot, February 28, Detroit, Michigan
1943 – Beaumont race riot of 1943, June, Beaumont, Texas
1943 – Zoot Suit Riots, July 3, Los Angeles, California (anti-Hispanic and anti-zoot suit)
1943 – Detroit race riot of 1943, June 20–21, Detroit, Michigan
1943 – Harlem riot of 1943, August 1–3, New York City, New York
1946 – Columbia race riot of 1946, February 25–26, Columbia, Tennessee
1946 – Battle of Athens (1946), August, revolt by citizens against corrupt local government, McMinn County, Tennessee
1946 – Airport Homes race riots, Chicago, Illinois
1947 – Fernwood Park race riot, mid-August, Fernwood, Chicago, IL
1949 – Fairground Park riot, June 21, St. Louis Missouri
1949 – Anacostia Pool Riot, June 29, Anacostia, Washington, D.C.
1949 – Peekskill riots, Peekskill, New York
1949 – Englewood race riot, November 8–12, Englewood, Chicago, IL
1950–1959
1950 – San Juan Nationalist revolt, Utuado Uprising, Jayuya Uprising, October 30, Various uprisings against United States Government rule during the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party Revolts of the 1950s in Puerto Rico
1951 – Cicero race riot of 1951, July 12, Cicero, Illinois
1956 – Mansfield School Integration Incident 400 pro-segregationists brandishing weapons and racist signage prevent 12 black children from entering Mansfield High School Mansfield, TX
1958 – Battle of Hayes Pond, January 18, Maxton, North Carolina, Armed confrontation between members of the NC Lumbee tribe and the KKK.
1959 – Harriett-Henderson Cotton Mills Strike Henderson, North Carolina
1960–1969

1968 Washington, D.C., riots
1960 – HUAC riot, May 13, Students protest House Un-American Activities Committee hearings, 12 injured, 64 arrested, San Francisco, California
1960 – Newport Jazz Festival Riot, July 2, Newport, Rhode Island
1960 – El Cajon Boulevard Riot, August 20, San Diego, California
1960 – Ax Handle Saturday, August 27, Jacksonville, Florida
1962 – Ole Miss riot 1962, September 3 – October 1, The University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
1963 – Birmingham riot of 1963, May 11, Birmingham, Alabama
1963 – Cambridge riot 1963, June 14, Cambridge, Maryland
1964 – Chester School Protests, April 2–26, Chester, Pennsylvania
1964 – 1964 Monson Motor Lodge protests June thru August, St. Augustine, Florida
1964 – the July 16 killing of James Powell by police in the Yorkville neighborhood just south of East Harlem precipitates a string of race riots in July and August, including:
1964 – Harlem Riot of 1964, July 16–22, New York City
1964 – Rochester 1964 race riot, July 24–25, Rochester, New York
1964 – Jersey City Riot, August 3–5, A disorderly conduct arrest set off accusations of police brutality and were followed by protests and riots.[3] At least two residents were shot and several police and rioters were injured,[4] Jersey City, NJ
1964 – Dixmoor race riot, August 15–17, Dixmoor, Illinois
1964 – Philadelphia 1964 race riot, August 28–30, Philadelphia
1965 – Selma to Montgomery marches, March 7–25, Alabama
1965 – Watts riots, August 11–17, Los Angeles, California
1966 – Division Street riots, June 12–14, Humboldt Park, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Omaha riot of 1966, July 2, Omaha, Nebraska
1966 – 1966 Chicago West-Side riots, July 12–15, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Hough riots, July 18–24, Cleveland, Ohio
1966 – Marquette Park housing march, August 5, Chicago, Illinois
1966 – Waukegan riot, August 27, Waukegan, Illinois
1966 – Benton Harbor riots, August 30 – September 4, Benton Harbor, Michigan
1966 – Summerhill and Vine City Riots, September 6–8 Atlanta, Georgia
1966 – Hunters Point social uprising, September 27 – October 1 San Francisco, California
1966 – Sunset Strip curfew riots, November 12, various other flareups, basis for the song "For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield song)", West Hollywood, California
1967 – Long Hot Summer of 1967 refers to a year in which 159 race riots, almost all African-American, erupted across the United States, including:
1967 – Avondale riots, June 12–15, Cincinnati, Ohio
1967 – Buffalo riot of 1967, June 27, Buffalo, New York
1967 – 1967 Newark riots, July 12–17, Newark, New Jersey
1967 – 1967 Plainfield riots, July 14–21, Plainfield, New Jersey
1967 – Cairo riot, July 17, Cairo, Illinois
1967 – 1967 Detroit riot, July 23–29, Detroit, Michigan
1967 – Cambridge riot of 1967, July 24, a.k.a. the H. Rap Brown riot, Cambridge, Maryland
1967 – 1967 Saginaw riot, July 26, Saginaw, Michigan
1967 – Milwaukee riot, July 30, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1968 – Orangeburg Massacre, S.C. State Univ., February 8, Orangeburg, South Carolina
1968 – Memphis Sanitation Strike riot, March 28, Memphis, Tennessee
1968 – Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., April 4, Memphis, Tennessee, precipitates all April 4–14 riots, including:
1968 – 1968 Detroit riot, April 4–5, Detroit, Michigan
1968 – 1968 New York City riots, April 4–5, New York City, New York
1968 – 1968 Washington, D.C. riots, April 4–8, Washington, D.C.
1968 – 1968 Chicago riots, West Side Riots, April 5–7, Chicago, Illinois
1968 – 1968 Pittsburgh riots, April 5–11, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1968 – Baltimore riot of 1968, April 6–14, Baltimore, Maryland
1968 – Avondale riot of 1968, April 8, Cincinnati, Ohio
1968 – 1968 Kansas City riot, April 9, Kansas City, Missouri
1968 – Wilmington Riot of 1968, April 9–10, Wilmington, Delaware
1968 – Trenton Riot of 1968, April 9–11, Trenton, New Jersey
1968 – Columbia University protests of 1968, April 23, New York City, New York
1968 – Louisville riots of 1968, May 27, Louisville, Kentucky
1968 – Akron riot, July 17–23, Akron, Ohio
1968 – Glenville Shootout, July 23–28, Cleveland, Ohio
1968 – 1968 Miami riot, August 7–8, Miami, Florida
1968 – 1968 Democratic National Convention protests, including the police riots of August 27–28, Chicago, Illinois
1969 – Zip to Zap riot, May 9–11, Zap, North Dakota
1969 – People's Park Riots, May, Berkeley, California
1969 – 1969 Greensboro uprising, May 21–25, Greensboro, North Carolina
1969 – Cairo disorders, May–December, Cairo, Illinois
1969 – Stonewall riots, June 28 – July 2, New York City, New York
1969 – 1969 York Race Riot, July 17–24, York, Pennsylvania
1969 – Days of Rage, October 8–11, Weathermen riot in Chicago, Illinois

Old 06-27-2020, 06:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: How come none of this rebellion was happening in the 60's 70s' 80's 90s' ?

Response: People were to busy working...........
WHAT?

NONE of this happened in the 60's.

Old 06-27-2020, 06:12 AM

35,709 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
WHAT?

NONE of this happened in the 60's.
LOL right?? Well some folks live in total denial, saying there are no racism issues, unless its against their own class. But here a new twist,,, back to the Latinos for a bit... the videos will keep popping up... until it stops!

Viral video shows California couple block Hispanic man from entering parking garage

The White man said he was acting to “protect” himself, his girlfriend and the building.

The Hispanic man repeated several times that he did live there and was just trying to get into the garage and park, but the White man still said he called the police.

https://fox40.com/news/california-co...arking-garage/

Old 06-27-2020, 06:43 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
LOL right?? Well some folks live in total denial, saying there are no racism issues, unless its against their own class. But here a new twist,,, back to the Latinos for a bit... the videos will keep popping up... until it stops!

Viral video shows California couple block Hispanic man from entering parking garage

The White man said he was acting to “protect” himself, his girlfriend and the building.

The Hispanic man repeated several times that he did live there and was just trying to get into the garage and park, but the White man still said he called the police.

https://fox40.com/news/california-co...arking-garage/
I’m not convinced that there was a racial reason for Beasley’s block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies