Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 08:29 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/0o2IlrTQmt8

But i heard some internet gun fighter experts from city-data claim that people can not shoot or harm you when their back is turn.

I am a gun enthusiast and when I go to the range, i practice shooting from all positions that I can imagine (prone, sit, knees, back turn, sideway, sleeping position, etc )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 08:36 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
And that just goes to show how fast it can happen.

No amount of extra training can prepare cops to handle a situation like that and people wonder why they get aggressive when suspects ignore their orders.

I wonder if the loser that shot this cop is out on the streets already being let go early due to Corona??

Old 06-20-2020, 09:03 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times
This is one person who shot at a cop while fleeing. Not everyone who flees the police shoots at them. Should the police shoot fleeing humans in the back when there is no danger to them?

Old 06-20-2020, 09:14 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This is one person who shot at a cop while fleeing. Not everyone who flees the police shoots at them. Should the police shoot fleeing humans in the back when there is no danger to them?
Of course not everyone fleeing police turn around and shoot. But the police can't know for certain. The fact that this criminal refused to take his hands out of his pocket was a huge red flag. And frankly, anyone willing to run from police and boldly refuse to follow a simple order like show your hands, is probably not an upstanding, productive, positive member of society. Do they deserve to die in that moment? No, of course not, but I can't blame the police for valuing their own life in that moment over the criminal.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:

It's exactly how Brooks was firing the tazer when he got shot.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:24 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
According to liberals, this man was justified to shoot the officer in self defense. He’s a Martyr not a thug. He was no threat to anyone just walking along minding his own business. Just another racist black cop looking for blood.

ACAB

Old 06-20-2020, 09:28 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,864,826 times
Expert marksman joe biden says this all can be prevented if you just shoot criminals in the leg.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:29 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
If they are perceived to be a possible danger to others in the community & fleeing after a felony !!!

Shoot them !!!
They shouldn't be given the opportunity to stack up dead bodies of innocent citizens like cord wood !!!

Old 06-20-2020, 10:01 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
LE shootings have been a peeve for me for quite a while now. In far to many cases when officers fire their weapon s the crunchentickers get drawn and the spray and pray tactic used. Multiple magazines expended and bullets placed everywhere but the intended target.

It been pretty routine to see patrol officers carrying at least 4 extra mags, 15 rounds each but some 17 or even 21, plus one in the sidearm. And now add a patrol carbine plus a shotgun.

A single cop has a LOT of firepower. And we have seen a lot of LE shootings get justified and cops in the wrong cut loose when they shouldn't be.

And its NOT just Black people that get shot this way. Theres been scads of threads here dealing with blatantly wrong LE shootings where cops get let off and the story just fades away. Daniel Shaver is one of those.

And there have certainly been plenty of others. More discretion, less willingness to just start pumping high amounts of ammunition, and better training for lethal force would be good.

SWAT teams have been really bad here. No knock warrants that end up being UNwarranted or at wrong addresses have resulted in innocent deaths that see some crony judge rule no fault on. Yeah, same judge that signed the damn warrant to begin with.

No conflict of interest there. So I'm sure not going to be a cop apologist. But nor am I in support of this nonsense BLM is spewing. We most certainly do need LE. And I'm not buying the racism bit either.

But there is some work to do. The Patriot Act is part of the problem and has contributed a lot to police militarization. And the police need to be demilitarized. LE is not and should not be approached as a combat job.

But things being as they are...I fear that it may be to late for things to go that way. We may just see a mass exodus of people from LE. And people to replace them willing to do the job will possibly be more militant minded.

I reckon we're gonna find out.

Last edited by NVplumber; 06-20-2020 at 10:27 AM..

Old 06-20-2020, 10:06 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
https://youtu.be/0o2IlrTQmt8

But i heard some internet gun fighter experts from city-data claim that people can not shoot or harm you when their back is turn.

I am a gun enthusiast and when I go to the range, i practice shooting from all positions that I can imagine (prone, sit, knees, back turn, sideway, sleeping position, etc )

Cops lead a very dangerous life, confronting criminals who do not share the same values as the rest of society.

When they "scratch" a few criminals, there should be a celebration, not rioting and looting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies