Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 07:18 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,421,256 times

Advertisements

Black teen shot dead by Illinois police shot in back: newspaper

Why do news articles use such ridiculous headlines?
Now we have lunatics crying out "Justice for Justus." REALLY?
Why isn't the headline: Illinois police shoot dead teen fleeing after stealing gun. ?

I mean, come on! Are we going to riot and cry out for so-called justice every time a black man is shot by police for committing idiotic, violent crimes?

"Howell's family, quoted by the Tribune, said he was an aspiring rapper who dreamed of attending medical school despite a troubled past, and disputed that Howell was armed when he was shot."

Of course. Model teenager here:
Troubled past, aspiring rapper dreaming of attending medical school (at 17, you better do more than just dream. You should be planning for college if that's what you want to do), who just stole a gun.
This crap sickens me.
**** parents are the reason for this behavior, and defending the kid's actions are even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 07:30 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Things I see common to all these news stories the same ol same ol -

family sticking up for the perp i.e. (He was such a sweet boy)!
the kid is black (sorry but sad but true
"dreaming" of a future career. OK a dream is not reality, keep on dreaming.. hey i'm dreaming that I'm superwoman, does not mean one thing;
perp getting shot does not comply with officer/resisted arrest - in this case "fleeing". whatever happened to Yes Sir Officer. so your ego wont let you, but your ego may cost you your life.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:20 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Yet another sad death of a young man that could have been avoided.
Why was he trying to buy the gun? Who knows?

I have found the best way to avoid trouble and the attention of the Police is to keep my nose clean. "You do the crime you do the time"

Old 04-07-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yet another sad death of a young man that could have been avoided.
Why was he trying to buy the gun? Who knows?

I have found the best way to avoid trouble and the attention of the Police is to keep my nose clean. "You do the crime you do the time"
Yep.

Here, two scenarios were likely to happen:

Scenario 1: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid flees with stolen (presumably loaded) gun, police shoot armed kid.

Scenario 2: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid stops, drops the gun, is arrested and charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

Unfortunately, kid picked scenario 1 and paid the price.

Last edited by Arcenal813; 04-07-2015 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 08:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why was he trying to buy the gun?
From the wording it sounds like he stole the gun and might have even tried to shoot the seller of said gun.

Was he also dreaming of being a CIA assassin or maybe dreaming of being a pirate?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:50 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
  • Two teenage thugs fighting over a stolen gun.
  • One gets shot and killed.
  • One illegal gun removed from street, one thug jailed, one thug pushing up daisies.
  • Sounds like a community service was performed to me.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:34 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,880,620 times
Sad another teenager has lost his life due to poor choices he made. Where were the parents when he was growing up?

Old 04-07-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Sad another teenager has lost his life due to poor choices he made. Where were the parents when he was growing up?
Apparently right there with him, dreaming that he'd go to Med School rather than work towards it.

Probably the same type of people who dream of winning the lottery and get mad at the world when it doesn't happen.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:41 AM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yep.

Here, two scenarios were likely to happen:

Scenario 1: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid flees with stolen (presumably loaded) gun, police shoot armed kid.

Scenario 2: Kid steals gun, police are notified, kid stops, drops the gun, is arrested and charged with illegal possession of a firearm.

Unfortunately, kid picked scenario 1 and paid the price.
This. Isn't Illinois some liberal, PC heaven where racism doesn't exist? The officer must have really been fearing for his life.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM

377 posts, read 670,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • Two teenage thugs fighting over a stolen gun.
  • One gets shot and killed.
  • One illegal gun removed from street, one thug jailed, one thug pushing up daisies.
  • Sounds like a community service was performed to me.
^^^^^^^this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events