Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:37 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,555,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I don't wash my hands after I use the bathroom to show my respect to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 08:40 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,810,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't wear a mask because I believe the COVID threat is a completely overblown fabrication of the leftist media. My decision has nothing to do with Trump. If you want to continue living in fear go right ahead.

I will wear one at work as it is protocol, but never on my own terms.
Oh that's rich. You have to wear one at work and you believe that Covid is over blown? Do you wear one in the store? It's mandatory here in all public places. No mask, no service. Overblown? Hardly. Read about the virus instead of drinking the political koolaid. You might broaden your horizons. Pandemics should never be a political issue. This is a medical issue. Follow the science.

Mean girl Trump can be the tough guy all he wants, but the reality is that he is tested and everyone around him is tested regularly. Everyone around him off camera are wearing masks and he's hiding in a safe place social distancing.

It's the covidiots out there acting irresponsibly that are prolonging this pandemic and are a further drain on our economy. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:45 AM

68,343 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Not that I necessarily agree with this, but I'm always glad to see a Caine Mutiny reference. My favorite novel of all time!

I really should read it. I think just about every movie I've ever seen made from a book wasn't as good as the book. I thought the movie was great so if past experience holds true I'd surely enjoy the book.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:47 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,706,125 times
I wore a mask before it was a political statement. At the time, we were told that wearing a mask protects others. I wore one out of an abundance of caution for your grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts and uncles, sisters and brothers. If I was asymptomatic, I wouldn't want to get someone else sick. It is a minor inconvenience for the 30 minutes I spend at the supermarket or the 10 minutes I spend at the local hardware store.

It was no big deal when the guidance changed to wearing a mask will protect myself. Ok, so I'm protecting myself and others. Win-win. Again, it is minor inconvenience.

Suddenly it became a political statement. It makes perfect sense why it is a political statement. Trump's coronavirus task force essentially admits that there is something the federal government should be doing about this situation. Admitting there is something they should be doing, by extension, means that we could have been doing something for the 45-60 days that Trump denied this was a problem at all. Considering the mitigation of this virus has been completely bungled (27% of the world's cases and death's by a country with only 4% of the population... good luck spinning that), his only option was to say it is a hoax (again).

If it is a hoax - why wear a mask? The fallout from this will be dead Americans. More dead Americans. Dead Americans that if they could vote, would probably vote against Trump for selling them out. But they can't vote. What does he care? It is the only strategy he has left.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Ego-maniac for sure. In the meantime, he has everyone around him tested daily.
He certainly does.

Nothing to worry about conflicts with the insistence of the Covid waiver as a condition to attend his rally.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:59 AM

24,130 posts, read 32,536,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

I hate wearing a mask but do it because I don't want to get it or give it to others.
Yes! Especially in summer, it's hot, and a little uncomfortable. I went out the other day for a walk and returned with they strangest of sunburns, - just around my hairline. I'd opened the sunroof in my car and now I have a weird sunburn. So I laughed it off. Next time I'll know to apply sunscreen. More discomfort.

But guess what is MORE uncomfortable? COVID-19

Old 06-19-2020, 10:05 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,224,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Your OP is disingenuous. He said "some" people are wearing masks to show disapproval of him. Whether or not that is true, I have no idea.
I know it must be a Herculean task, trying to come up with new defenses for Trump and all of his idiotic behavior, day after day after day afterdayafterday.....but this is a really lame attempt.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:06 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,555,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes! Especially in summer, it's hot, and a little uncomfortable. I went out the other day for a walk and returned with they strangest of sunburns, - just around my hairline. I'd opened the sunroof in my car and now I have a weird sunburn. So I laughed it off. Next time I'll know to apply sunscreen. More discomfort.

But guess what is MORE uncomfortable? COVID-19
Exactly!

Old 06-19-2020, 10:14 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,133,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I don't wash my hands after I use the bathroom to show my respect to Trump.
Don't worry, President Trump will never shake your hand so you're just passing off your bacteria & waste onto just your friends and family.

Old 06-19-2020, 10:20 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,133,964 times
This mask thing is a windfall for modern day singers. It makes lip synching to their studio recordings while live on stage so much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies