Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 03:49 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times

Advertisements

It is now an official CDC recommendation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 03:58 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
I think I may start wearing a mask if I have to go to a confined space with a lot of people like a grocery store.

I don’t think they are necessary for solitary exercise outside as long as you are away from people.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:00 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,762,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I think I may start wearing a mask if I have to go to a confined space with a lot of people like a grocery store.

I don’t think they are necessary for solitary exercise outside as long as you are away from people.
Do you have any?
All stores say sold out. Amazon and eBay are not helpful either (delivery date in May or after).

Old 04-03-2020, 04:00 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

I agree. Going on my runs I think I'll skip it. The rest of the time, I'll wear one. I have been enjoying getting outdoors much more often by being at home.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:01 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Do you have any?
All stores say sold out. Amazon and eBay are not helpful either (delivery date in May or after).
I have a spare N95 mask I had purchased months ago for woodworking in the garage.

I lucked out on that because yes, there are no more available right now.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:07 PM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Do you have any?
They're sold out as well as purpose made neck gaiters that can be pulled up to cover the mouth and nose. We all are going to have to do what Marines say: improvise, adapt and overcome

Old 04-03-2020, 04:24 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It is now an official CDC recommendation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/
The following is only my opinion:

Answer: Yes ......All should wear masks to limit exposure with focus on flattening the curve.

Old 04-04-2020, 02:30 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,075 times
https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1246243351503962113

A mask can be anything tied around your face.

It doesn't literally have to be a mask you get off the store shelf.

A folded t-shirt, scarf, tied around your face will help greatly to stop spreading YOUR germs, because any of us healthy people can already be infected.

If you're in a high traffic public place, you should cover your face for the greater good, just to trap your spittle when you talk.

Quote:
Trump emphasized that wearing masks in public is voluntary and said he will not be doing so.

Why are people still fighting this mask issue... Trump is so ashamed to wear a mask, probably because it will look like a muzzle on his big mouth.

All the impressionable trump supporters are going to follow his lead, and continue to spread germs they don't even know they have, because no one is getting tested.

Well, at least USA is #1 now.... in corona deaths.

keep proudly coughing and sneezing and spitting on each other while you talk, murica
and keep hoping you never have to return to work as you burn through your savings.

Good luck social distancing with this....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244963201759842307

Last edited by oh come on!; 04-04-2020 at 03:01 AM..

Old 04-04-2020, 02:34 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Walk in with this, ask for a number 9 with cheese...

Old 04-04-2020, 02:55 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1246243351503962113

A mask can be anything tied around your face.

It doesn't literally have to be a mask you get off the store shelf.

A folded t-shirt, scarf, tied around your face will help greatly to stop spreading YOUR germs, because any of us healthy people can already be infected.

If you're in a high traffic public place, you should cover your face for the greater good, just to trap your spittle when you talk.

Why are people still fighting this mask issue... Trump is so ashamed to wear a mask, probably because it will look like a muzzle on his big mouth.

All the impressionable trump supporters are going to follow his lead, and continue to spread germs they don't even know they have, because no one is getting tested.

Well, at least USA is #1 now.... in corona deaths.

keep coughing and sneezing on each other, murica
Trump probably does not want to mess up his makeup. I think it's a disgrace that the leader of a country, makes such a statement. What a piece of work. Our governor stated we could compete for the best looking mask. (Gov Polis, of Colorado, is going to wear a mask.) I would rather wear a mask, than die or be deathly ill from this virus.

This is serious, not a joke. What is up with trump these days? He seems drugged or something, to me. Not enough play time? Has to make difficult decisions. Come on, someone needs to fire him. IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies