Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 09:09 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
So, by your own definition, Donald Trump is a communist.

Trump, showing his support for the act of the communist leader of China:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKCN1GG015

Trump, supporting the murderous regime of Kim Jong Un, who not only is responsible for the murders of many Koreans, but also had his brother killed, and was responsible for the death of an American citizen, Otto Warrbier:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9037186.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d4e_story.html

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/40...-and-appalling

Donald Trump, in love with a murderous communist dictator . Why would you support a person who fell in love with a communist, murdering dictator?
Now now, you're going to have to pick. Either Donald Trump is an evil Fascist dictator or he's an evil Communist dictator. It is the Left that keeps insisting that these two things are polar opposites. They don't want to admit that Communism and Nazism/Fascism are just two competing versions of exactly the same thing: Extreme authoritarianism that seeks to control every aspect of the lives of citizens, the economy, and also seeks to aggressively expand the borders of the nations it rules over.

But let's stick with the fantasy that the Left has created for now. Is Trump a Communist Dictator or is he a Fascist Dictator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 09:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
So those of you not vilifying the Confederacy thought they were the good guys?

Old 06-20-2020, 09:27 PM

72,990 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I really believe those persons see Confederates as the good guys.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't see the Confederacy or Union as good or bad guys. I see them as equals in their time neither all good or bad. i don't really assign moral value to historical people and events who were acting well within what was accepted at the time.

Old 06-20-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't see the Confederacy or Union as good or bad guys. I see them as equals in their time neither all good or bad. i don't really assign moral value to historical people and events who were acting well within what was accepted at the time.
They aren't equals. If the Confederates had their way, I might have been born into slavery. I don't care what was acceptable at the time. What was acceptable at the time was directly violent and abusive towards my ancestors.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
They aren't equals. If the Confederates had their way, I might have been born into slavery. I don't care what was acceptable at the time. What was acceptable at the time was directly violent and abusive towards my ancestors.
I don't agree with everything the Union or confederacy did to resolve the issues. Yeah the Union abolished slavery at least sooner but I don't see them as the clear good guys just differently situated. Your argument doesn't relate to me as my ancestors were free and I think they had left Virginia to a free state before the Civil War.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:46 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,766,671 times
The Confederates were not only traitors and insurrectionists- they did it for possibly the worse cause imaginable: To maintain their "states rights" to keep other human beings as livestock.

That's the hill ya'll chose to die on. Keep waving the Stars and Bars and the legacy of your ancestors' failed insurrection will be hung like an Albatross from the necks of a few more generations of Southerners.

Y'all are welcome in our Union, but we've had enough of you spitting in the faces of millions of your fellow Americans. Your spiteful flag and vulgar monuments are being canceled wholesale whether you like it or not.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't agree with everything the Union or confederacy did to resolve the issues. Yeah the Union abolished slavery at least sooner but I don't see them as the clear good guys just differently situated. Your argument doesn't relate to me as my ancestors were free and I think they had left Virginia to a free state before the Civil War.
Well, it's me I have to look out for. I consider if I was living back then. Neither were that great, but the Confederates were worse, as their goal was to make sure my ancestors stay enslaved. You have not convinced me to have any respect for Confederates. Until you can come up with a very good argument as to why I should be okay with Confederates being held in high esteem, as it would apply to me, my position on Confederates will still stand.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
The Confederates were not only traitors and insurrectionists- they did it for possibly the worse cause imaginable: To maintain their "states rights" to keep other human beings as livestock.

That's the hill ya'll chose to die on. Keep waving the Stars and Bars and the legacy of your ancestors' failed insurrection will be hung like an Albatross from the necks of a few more generations of Southerners.

Y'all are welcome in our Union, but we've had enough of you spitting in the faces of millions of your fellow Americans. Your spiteful flag and vulgar monuments are being canceled wholesale whether you like it or not.
Thank you. You actually get it. This was about people who feared that their freedom to keep slavery would end. The South lost and that is for the best. In order to truly move on, alot of people need to acknowledge that the Confederate cause was deeply rooted in keeping slavery. It must be accepted that honoring Confederates in this day and age is an anachronism and a bad idea. Flying the Confederate flag, though people have the Constitutional right to fly it, is not a good idea. It's morally unsound.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, it's me I have to look out for. I consider if I was living back then. Neither were that great, but the Confederates were worse, as their goal was to make sure my ancestors stay enslaved. You have not convinced me to have any respect for Confederates. Until you can come up with a very good argument as to why I should be okay with Confederates being held in high esteem, as it would apply to me, my position on Confederates will still stand.
I'm not really arguing that you or anyone should hold the Confederates in high esteem. But you should let be the confederate monuments and people who do hold the history with esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies