Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 09:00 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The Left's mentality:

Get rid of the black woman.....but keep the old white guy.

Attachment 221413
You have it wrong, Bob. Quaker Oats owns the Aunt Jemima brand and their board decided all on its own to get rid of Aunt Jemima.

Not because of the 'left'... because black people eat too. As do all the white people who believe slavery is unAmerican.

And they were sick and tired of the slave mentality that Aunt Jemima embodied. There are lots of other good pancake mixes out there that don't have slavery as part of their brand.
A few are:
Pillsbury
Red Mill
Crusteaze
Bisquick
Hungry Jack

All of them are very hungry for a big plate of Quaker Oat's business. Pancakes are America's favorite hot breakfast.

Snap out of it man. You are smarter than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 09:04 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Why are you offended by the free market at work? Company decides to rebrand their product, don't buy it if you don't like it.
I dont think it is that a company decides to rebrand their product. Its that they are pressured to do so by a highly sensitive and offended segment of the public.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:08 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
“Are you really that lonely and self absorbed that you literally have nothing better to do with your lives but try to make everyone else as miserably "woke" as you are?”

I don’t know FatBob96. Perhaps you could share.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The Left's mentality:

Get rid of the black woman.....but keep the old white guy.

Attachment 221413
lol, yep that's about it.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wanting to remove a caricature of a black woman that is used to sell a produce is neither extreme nor "the latest", because the objection to Aunt Jemima has persisted for decades. If it had not, why then would the company ever have changed the logo from this:

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a20...y=50&width=640

I'm finding it quite hilarious myself. I'm amused that you'd be offended by people being offended. LMAO.
Wel, when I buy syrup I looked for Aunt Jemima because it is good and my fav. Aunt Jemima knew how to make a good syrup that's for sure. Oh well.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:13 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
1) Yes rebranding in light the the leftist freak out is stupid. Compared to firing people who are insufficiently PC but not actually racist. Compared to random people being attacked in their cars. Compared to riots. Compared to looting. The syrup thing is mild.
2) Vote with your feet. It will not affect anything. But put it out of your mind. Do not support organizations that cause you distress. When the NFL took my football team in 1995, I stopped watching and buying their merchandise. It has no affect but the opposite of love is indifference. The NFL is as popular as ever. If those stupid Krappernick protests cannot kill the National Felon League, nothing can. If constantly blackmailing cities for new stadiums even before the old city finishes paying for it does not kill the NFL, nothing will. Sometimes bad people win. They just do. Do other things on Sunday.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:14 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
Who was offended about the logo on the syrup? I thought the company just voluntarily decided to change it because of all that has been going on. I hate the image of the mammy but I just ignore it. She does not represent me or millions of other black women in the world, although certain people wish she did but let's not get started on that topic.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:22 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife is Irish and she isn't offended by Lucky Charms but what she does not like is when Saint Patricks day rolls along and Walmart is selling Tshirts that promote the Irish as a bunch of drunks. There is one shirt that reads "Irish Yoga" and it has people passed out drunk laying in odd positions.

She has threatened to buy them all and then return them the next day.

She has had clients recognize her accent and say dumb things such as "Oh you are Irish you must like to drink?" Her response is, with a smile, "that is offensive, would you ask a black person if they like watermelon?" They get the point.

It is just a negative stereotype but for the most part Irish people can take it as well as they give it so it rolls off their backs.

Lucky Charms, Aunt Gamima, who are they offending? I suspect those in charge think they are offensive.
Irish-American people gave us that idea. They are the ones who are constantly making jokes about Irish drinking.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:37 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You have it wrong, Bob. Quaker Oats owns the Aunt Jemima brand and their board decided all on its own to get rid of Aunt Jemima.

Not because of the 'left'... because black people eat too. As do all the white people who believe slavery is unAmerican.

And they were sick and tired of the slave mentality that Aunt Jemima embodied. There are lots of other good pancake mixes out there that don't have slavery as part of their brand.
A few are:
Pillsbury
Red Mill
Crusteaze
Bisquick
Hungry Jack

All of them are very hungry for a big plate of Quaker Oat's business. Pancakes are America's favorite hot breakfast.

Snap out of it man. You are smarter than this.

Oh I'm well aware that it's a marketing decision on Quaker's part.....and I'm not intending to imply that they shouldn't have the right to make such decisions.

But I doubt that decision would be made at this point if not for the current political climate being shoved down the county's throat by the explosion of identity politics coming from the Left.

Quaker saw the writing on the wall.....

But that writing had an unmistakable Left handed signature.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:40 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wel, when I buy syrup I looked for Aunt Jemima because it is good and my fav. Aunt Jemima knew how to make a good syrup that's for sure. Oh well.

Really? Check the ingredients; not one drop of maple in it. "fake label" haha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies