Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 06:23 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Yup. I think china should also ban the Americans. After all, the US was the very first country to ban flights from China at the beginning of the pandemics. Now the US is far far more diseased than wuhan ever was. SAD.
They can ban the Americans. I'm sure no one would want to go there given that they can't even get it under control.

Why are you defending the Chicoms? They are responsible for releasing COVID-19 and infecting the entire world.

FTR, I don't think they deliberately released it. In the recent past, they were called out for unsafe practices at their labs which they didn't address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 06:24 PM

10,458 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't understand how things work. If you did you wouldn't have blamed this all on the President. In the US, it's up to each state to decide how to handle COVID. Thus, it's hard to get everybody on the same page. I'm sure that if Trump had acted like a dictator demanding that every state do as they're told, you would have been screaming about that, too.

As for Asians not flying here---We certainly don't want any Chicoms coming here, given the fact that it was China where COVID started.
Heck, when the thing first started, you had morons like Nancy Pelosi hugging on the China immigrants. Maybe if she herself took it seriously back then, things would have been different.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:26 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,376,630 times
The EU has had a travel ban on tourists from most non-EU countries since late March or so. This is nothing new, it was done to try and keep Covid 19 from exploding. It's only been in the past week that most border crossings within the EU have re-opened to allow normal travel between EU / Schengen agreement countries.

There is an exception for persons of non-EU nationality who hold permanent resident cards for countries within the EU. I am a US citizen with a permanent resident card for Germany, and I am going back to my apartment near Leipzig in September. I checked with the consulate of Germany in Los Angeles, and they confirmed that I can return to Germany but will have to self-quarantine for two weeks after I arrive, and take a Covid 19 test after 2 weeks. It won't be much fun, but I can handle that.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Did what wuhan did. Also check early to make sure all supplies were there and machines worked...
The Chicoms hid the severity of the virus from the rest of the world. They also started hoarding PPEs because they knew that the world would be looking to buy from them. When Canada bought PPEs from the Chicoms, they arranged for 3 planes to go there to pick them up. The promised PPEs were nowhere to be found. They told the Canadians that they weren't allowed to hang around and wait for them. Those planes went back to Canada empty-handed. Pakistan ordered PPEs from the Chicoms. What they were sent was men's underwear and told to us that for masks.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:29 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
They need us far more than we need them.
It's also a fact.
Their economies are more export driven.
They receive more tourism $ from the US then we receive from them.

Then again nowadays we live in a world of feelings and not facts.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Heck, when the thing first started, you had morons like Nancy Pelosi hugging on the China immigrants. Maybe if she herself took it seriously back then, things would have been different.
^^^^Exactly! She even was encouraging everybody to visit San Francisco's Chinatown and celebrate Chinese New Year there.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:32 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,356 times
Quote:
Did what wuhan did. Also check early to make sure all supplies were there and machines worked...
Brb if you take your dog outside to take a crap you get arrested. Got to let it **** in the house for several weeks if you are positive.
No thanks, I'll take my freedom.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:46 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,530,949 times
I don’t really understand this thread. Trump issued a travel ban on travelers from most European countries in March because of the high number of cases there. That ban is still in effect.

Considering the rising number of cases in the U.S., I am only surprised Europe hasn’t banned American travelers already. Heck, even Canada banned non essential travelers from the U.S. in March.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:49 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hmmmm..... and Trump could have done what? The states and cities are responsible, not the Feds.
The Feds were totally and completely responsible for the testing disaster. Please don't quote the current numbers, it's several months late, and actually still not enough considering we are the epicenter.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:50 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, insulting people made the virus worse? How scientific is that?

BTW, he did "implement their advice".
There literally was a playbook for this. Not only did he not follow it, he made public lies, says he intentionally slowed testing, and is making wearing a mask a political statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies