Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2020, 07:28 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If you read or heard the original reporting, you would know that Bubba Wallace didn't report it (a member of the 43 team did) and he (Bubba) only found out when NASCAR's President told him. FYI, I wouldn't trust Al.com, they are known for a right-center bias.
He published on twitter, so he owns his remarks. He could of waited for the investigation to remark. Stop trying to baby him.

653 posts, read 222,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Of course, no surprise to anyone. On the other thread many stated the obvious; that this likely wouldn't have been a noose, as in so many other cases.

I wish those who called us racist for pointing out the obvious possibility would come back and apologise.
I saw lots of that in the other thread. I wish those people would come back to apologize.

36,853 posts, read 17,409,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We don't even know if he was the one who reported it, do we?
The FBI claims Wallace didn't report it and never saw it.

Though the FBI is part of the Deep State, and Russians, and the Wuhan Lab, and lizard people, and...

Old 06-23-2020, 07:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Side Out View Post
I saw lots of that in the other thread. I wish those people would come back to apologize.
I think 'those people' was just one poster, wasn't it? And he kept doubling down.

He never apologizes - he just disappears for a while until the thread drops to page 2.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:31 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
THat's a crazy narrative.

So you are suggesting only the liberal media knew it was a loop not a noose and they allowed the story to continue?

Seriously.

Did nobody at Talladega go 'where's the handle for the garage'?

Seriously -- someone in Wallace's team saw the 'noose' (handle) and went to who?

And nobody at any time -- not NASCAR, not the race car staff -- nobody noticed it was the handle?

Blame the media all you want.....but this is odd.
Anyone with a brain would have waited for the investigation to be completed. The left idiots own this free and clear, including yourself.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:32 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The FBI claims Wallace didn't report it and never saw it.

Though the FBI is part of the Deep State, and Russians, and the Wuhan Lab, and lizard people, and...

Well, that's true.

Nascar is trying to make up for decades of racist confederate flag waving history, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was something intentionally misreported that went wrong because the FBI got involved.

And I don't feel Wallace is part of that - I'm not indicting him in saying this - but the immediate response was 'we stand with Bubba!'

The whole thing seemed shady from the get go which is why I didn't weigh in on the other thread.

19,736 posts, read 10,166,623 times
So NASCAR mechanics don't know what an emergency pull rope on a garage door is? Gimme a break.

According to a local guy down there,they are on all the doors. It was not a noose, it was a loop in the rope to grab.
It will sure sell a lot of stuff for a mediocre driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
He published on twitter, so he owns his remarks. He could of waited for the investigation to remark. Stop trying to baby him.
I never in a million years thought the story would take this direction. I thought identifying an actual noose and it being verified in some capacity was the bare minimum factual context when the story broke. In the other thread I said it was 50-50 on which "side" left it there thinking it was legit or a hoax but not this crazy development.

I still don't understand how it couldn't have been debunked almost immediately.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:36 PM

18,533 posts, read 8,351,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We don't even know if he was the one who reported it, do we?
good point!

Old 06-23-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So NASCAR mechanics don't know what an emergency pull rope on a garage door is? Gimme a break.

According to a local guy down there,they are on all the doors. It was not a noose, it was a loop in the rope to grab.
It will sure sell a lot of stuff for a mediocre driver.
I don't know anything about NASCAR or garages. I brought this point up earlier though: how in the world didn't an onsite (you're using the word local) worker debunk this almost immediately?

"That's a pull rope. We've been using them for years."

Once it was reported was everyone whisked away into quarantine or something? What the hell happened here? The feds sent 15 agents to examine a garage door for god's sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies