Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 01:43 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,435,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
How do you know you aren't, because you say so? Please. It all depends on what people see of you. You can do all you can and still be seen as oppressive. I mentioned this about following store policy and being called a racist (not in those words, but what else do you think "Of course a white guy would ask...")
I can't help what lens's other people insist on looking through.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:55 AM

24,668 posts, read 9,487,472 times
This is the worst case of fake racism, fake hate crime, and white guilt gone wrong since the Jussie Smolet or Ahmed Clock incident
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahme...clock_incident

Fittingly, everyone who jumped to conclusions looks like a damn fool.

I’m so happy they all did that little silly march for a ...... garage door closer.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:12 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,528,576 times
Lol, hope there aren't an cross lug wrenches laying around.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:55 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
It's not Bubba's fault, someone on his team found the rope and leapt to conclusions. He should be fired, but Wallace did nothing wrong

But holy not checking facts first batman

Since when have facts mattered?

That blacks commit a disproportionate number of serious crimes and frequently resist arrest - not a fact.

That the defining characteristic of each and every white person in America is a profoundly racist attitude - indisputable fact.

Old 06-24-2020, 03:20 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,600,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.al.com/news/2020/06/noos...outputType=amp

What a shock!

I have zero doubt Bubba Smollett lied and NASCAR placated Him because they thought it would make them look good and virtuous. They might have gene collaborated on this little stunt

It's easy to imagine that if Wallace went into his designated garage for the first time and saw the noose, that he might think it was recently put there by someone who knew the space was to be used by him. He wouldn't have known any better at first than the rest of us, that it had been there since last year.

It seems careless of the track's management, to not have checked the garage for problems, before turning it over to a new occupant. And of course, why was a noose there in the first place?

Old 06-24-2020, 03:21 AM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
I've never seen a real "noose" hate crime, they have all been hoaxes or misunderstandings. Can we stop this nonsense now?

Old 06-24-2020, 04:42 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,107,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's easy to imagine that if Wallace went into his designated garage for the first time and saw the noose, that he might think it was recently put there by someone who knew the space was to be used by him. He wouldn't have known any better at first than the rest of us, that it had been there since last year.

It seems careless of the track's management, to not have checked the garage for problems, before turning it over to a new occupant. And of course, why was a noose there in the first place?
There was never any noose!

Old 06-24-2020, 04:45 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
how stupid is this guy? he’s still insisting it was a noose, so ‘racism’

Quote:
“It was a noose. Whether it was tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. So it wasn’t directed at me but someone tied a noose. That’s what I’m saying” -Bubba Wallace speaking out overnight, responding the the FBI findings that he was not the target of a hate crime
https://twitter.com/antoinetteA/stat...23427152879619

Old 06-24-2020, 04:46 AM

5,077 posts, read 1,669,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
According to NASCAR the door pull someone put up was fashioned as a noose. So it was a noose, but it was not intended for Wallace. Just some racist wrench having a laugh.

No, it wasn't. You're lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Yea, don't hold your breath. All the CD TDS posters on here will ignore, deflect, and lie to themselves. For years we have read the rambling postings of these poor lost souls hanging their hopes on the smallest of hopes only to have their delusions crushed into dust each time as if Thanos snapped his fingers and snapped their hope and dreams away, over and over, and over again. All the time these people spent typing their deranged thoughts out when they could have spent their time doing productive things. Life is a terrible thing to waste.

Very true...everytime there was a leak on Mueller how many times did we hear "they've got him this time" and "the walls are closing in"

Old 06-24-2020, 05:26 AM

5,989 posts, read 2,243,675 times
In all fairness to Bubba Wallace he was not the one that reported that it was a noose. He was told by NASCAR apparently he was not even at the facility. I do have two issues with what happened and neither of them concern Bubba Wallace because I think he just got caught in the middle of a crappy situation.

1) First NASCAR was so scared of the bad publicity concerning this did they jump the gun and made a spectacle out of this instead of having it investigated first. Again I say that because Bubba Wallace was not even there yet so it’s not as if he was screaming at NASCAR Demanding some special treatment.

2) The second is a noose is a noose regardless of what you’re doing with it. It takes time to make a noose much more time than it would to make a garage pull with one or two knots. I don’t know how many crews have been in that garage I don’t know how many people looked at that noose and thought oh no big deal. What is clear is when people knew a black guy was coming into the garage, That noose was going to be a problem. So the reaction of the news was only prompted by the fact that a black driver was coming and not because a noose only has one purpose it is a symbol of hate as far as the black community is concerned.

So I have no problem with Bubba Wallace, I expect him to be in the media because he needs sponsors in these drivers prostitute themselves in front of all kinds of people to obtain those sponsors. You really think those drivers drink the beer smoke the cigars and eat the fast food crap that’s on the side of those cars? No they don’t but they say they love it because they’re just prostitute and for the money because racing is expensive.

I am curious to know how long the noose was there and how many crews have gone through that garage without thinking about what it symbolizes. And I would not want those crews to be crucified I just think it’s a good teaching moment a good time for us to come together and say hey this is not acceptable. It is a learning moment unfortunately we are in a world of partisanship and Gotchu Twitter post that do not help the conversation between races and cultures within America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies