Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 07:17 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why some people keep pushing that blacks are dying more from COVID when they only make up 23% of the total COVID deaths. Won't be surprised when they try to get blacks and hispanics to get the vaccine. The death toll is very low at the moment for the entire country even though there are a lot of infections. Am hoping people on this thread are noticing the same trend/thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 12:52 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I don't understand why some people keep pushing that blacks are dying more from COVID when they only make up 23% of the total COVID deaths. Won't be surprised when they try to get blacks and hispanics to get the vaccine. The death toll is very low at the moment for the entire country even though there are a lot of infections. Am hoping people on this thread are noticing the same trend/thing?
Because compared to their percentage of the total population, their percentage of COVID-19 deaths is disproportionately high.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:19 AM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
He will probably be fired tomorrow by Trump. How dare he link the condition of blacks today to racism. Racism was 250 years ago, give or take.
The obesity/overweight rate for African American women is 80%. That’s slavery’s fault?
Quote:
African American women have the highest rates of obesity or being overweight compared to other groups in the United States. About 4 out of 5 African American women are overweight or obese.
https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/b...lvl=4&lvlid=25

Please explain, exactly, how a white man forces you to become obese? Where is this racist man who stops me from going to the park or gym to workout, and preventing me from eating a salad? There’s a wal-mart and planet fitness in every city in America. Everyone has internet access or a smartphone to google search a diet and workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Because compared to their percentage of the total population, their percentage of COVID-19 deaths is disproportionately high.
That’s because we blacks are disproportionately obese and overweight (see article above).

Do you really think COVID and doctors are racist?

Last edited by Rocko20; 06-26-2020 at 01:30 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 02:27 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That’s because we blacks are disproportionately obese and overweight (see article above).

Do you really think COVID and doctors are racist?
The poster I was responding to refuses to accept that blacks have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19. I did not address the reasons in my post at all.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:44 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
....A lot of people on the right can't stand Dr. Fauci. Well....they are going to HATE him now.
What Fauci is saying is...
1) Poor people are more likely to die from Covid-19.
2) Black people are more likely to be poor.
3) Black poverty is higher in part because of (past) racism.

Which is basically correct, but there are many reasons poor people are more likely to die from Covid-19. He mentioned "hypertension, diabetes, obesity, chronic lung-disease, and kidney-disease", but then he goes on to say these things are "no fault of their own". I mean, no.

And from personal observations it doesn't seem poor people are taking Covid-19 very seriously. Poor neighborhoods tend to be much younger on average, and young people basically think they're immune to it(the methheads literally think meth makes them immune). And when they get it they are often asymptomatic or get a mild case and unknowingly spread it to older and vulnerable people.

Of all essential employees, 55% are white, 21% are hispanic, 15% are black, and 6% are Asian. In comparison, blacks are 13% of the labor force. So they are slightly overrepresented among essential employers.

https://www.epi.org/blog/who-are-ess...ization-rates/

https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/rac.../2018/home.htm

I don't think Fauci said anything too controversial, but I don't think him saying it helps anything. In today's political climate, it basically makes blacks feel like they aren't in any way responsible for their higher rates of infection, and it stokes the racial flames even more.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:54 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Fasci didn’t agree with trump. You don’t see him on stage with trump anymore. We all know that not agreeing with trump equals GONE. Trump has to be the last word. Hates to be criticized. This manchild cannot be criticized by the right. They are with him no matter what stupid things he says.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:37 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
I, personally, like Fauci. I disagree with him here.

Blacks, statistically, fare worse than whites due to their lower intelligence, inferior genetics, and poverty (which are linked to the first two issues).

It's ridiculous to say that there is systemic racism. Blacks, overall, are just not on the same level as whites, genetically, or intellectually.

No amount of pandering from liberals and politically correct nonsense will change this.
Well....unlike other people who beat around the bush.....you come right out and say it. It's actually refreshing to hear someone come right out and say it. This is what at least half of those on the right are arguing.....they just don't come out and say it like you do because they are trying to fool themselves into believing they are something they they are not.

I am pretty sure you are not trying to fool yourself about your feelings towards blacks...or trying to fool us....lol. I don't have to ask follow up questions to see what you are REALLY trying to say.

Thank you for your honesty....WITH YOURSELF. You can teach the rest of these right wingers a little courage.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:53 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Well....unlike other people who beat around the bush.....you come right out and say it. It's actually refreshing to hear someone come right out and say it. This is what at least half of those on the right are arguing.
I'm the most racist person on this board but I get triggered by the racist obsession with IQ. It really isn't that important. In fact, there is probably a negative relationship between IQ and being a decent person that people actually want to be around.

Also "inferior genetics" is a value judgement, and there are many obvious genetic advantages that blacks have. If you think white people are superior, look at British teeth.

The metrics of superior and inferior are arbitrary. Intelligence is important, but in terms of life success ambition is far more important. Being assertive, confident, engaging, communicative, if those were the metrics of superiority then Asians would be the most inferior of all. And what about height, strength, masculinity, or to the opposite case, femininity(not to mention other sexual characteristics).

Sure, Asians and whites are more law-abiding, but why? Is obeying your betters a superior trait? Is obedience a sign of morality and virtue? And is disobedience to your master a sign of inferiority?

You could argue that, ironically, whites and Asians are natural slaves, they are so inclined to slavery that they don't even see it as slavery. They obey willingly and happily, they don't even need to be whipped.

At best you could argue that Asians and whites are smart enough to realize the advantages of obedience. That the history of the world is littered with stories of slave and peasant revolts, and in pretty much every instance they were slaughtered and their lives much worse, with families/friends torn apart.

America had a number of slave revolts, all of which were crushed, and the end result was slaves being worse off. Even the disobedience of the southern states in rebellion was crushed and they were themselves subjugated for a number of years to their northern conquerors, who confiscated their lands and drove them into poverty and destitution.

Or put simply, to fight against your slavery is to become even more enslaved. To accept it, and even better, to strive to keep your master happy, you will certainly live a more comfortable and more secure existence. To rebel is to accept deprivation, insecurity, and violence.

Thus the supposed superiority of whites is actually their cowardice and obedience. They love to kneel. As Nietzsche said of Christianity, it is the religion of slaves. Which is why the slavemasters were so eager to convert as many as they could to Christianity.

Whites are the most pathetic creatures on the planet. They were only relevant when they were being led directly or indirectly by Jews, who used them as obedient workers and soldiers in their wars. Without Jews, their merchants, bankers, and capitalists, whites would have been conquered by Muslims a thousand years ago, and would be completely irrelevant today. The only reason Islam didn't take over the world is because Muhammad hated the Jews and made usury illegal under Sharia law.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-26-2020 at 09:01 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 09:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Well...I am sure you are more qualified to figure it out than him.
You're not qualified when it comes to the truth. Your posts are often dishonest. Blacks live in the cities and are in close contact with others. Race wise, blacks are the least healthiest. Ignore those truths all you want as you play the victim.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:28 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
In January he said COVID was nothing to worry about. In February he said risk from it was minuscule. Now it's killing black people en mass. Because Fauci didn't warn people. He must be a white nationalist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies