Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 11:58 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,125,629 times

Advertisements

They are going to prison with the brotha's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 12:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,652 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Even Roddy? Not sure about Roddy.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:02 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,819,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Rofl.

Arbery knew the McMichaels were not trying to shoot him. Period. They told him the police were coming, and they were stopped in the road hundreds of feet in front of Arbery. Arbery ran straight towards them. That isn't the behavior of someone fearful for his life.

If I was fearful for my life, I would been screaming for help, knocking on doors, running through yards, and trying to get away from someone with a gun.

So the answer is no. I would never in a million years have acted like Arbery, and neither would you.
Arbery “knew” they weren’t going to shoot him? Based on what? The excellent record of non-violence against black folks in Georgia? Or was it the total lack of killings of black men in other vigilante cases? Maybe it was the non threatening way they continued pursued him in their trucks when he tried multiple times to get away? Or was it was the non threatening guns they had?

ALL the fault lies with the 3 vigilante playing idiots. If not for their actions, a man just out taking a run would still be alive. The attempts to blame him for his own death in this thread are ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:12 PM

13,805 posts, read 8,039,961 times
There's video footage showing a person who strongly resembles Arbery entering the property after dark at an earlier date. The two men who initially gave chase had seen video footage and believed Arbery to be that person. (I think a jury looking at the footage will agree. It's Arbery.)

Arbery wasn't simply jogging down the street when he started getting chased. He was spotted leaving the property in question and took off running when he noticed he was being watched.

So, does this mean he deserved to be killed? Of course not. However, the MSM narrative is he was jogging, minding his own business when two crackers decided to hunt/kill a Black man.

Any verdict regardless of the facts present at the trial which isn't guilty - 1st degree murder cities are going to burn.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:16 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
There's video footage showing a person who strongly resembles Arbery entering the property after dark at an earlier date. The two men who initially gave chase had seen video footage and believed Arbery to be that person. (I think a jury looking at the footage will agree. It's Arbery.)
The house in question was under construction at the time. In the past, it was not unusual for people to wonder through unoccupied, unlocked houses under construction. My mother nd I were two back in the day when houses were under construction where we lived when i was young. Glad no one killed my mom back then. In Georgia, at the time you could not detain a person for a misdemeanor. The three atta boys had no right to do a citizen's arrest even if they personally saw Arbery in the house which I'm not convinced they did on the day of his death

Old 11-23-2021, 12:16 PM

8,351 posts, read 2,973,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'd imagine that after being chased and blocked in by these fellows, he rightly realized they wre not going to simply let him "keep walking."
He wasn’t blocked in. Watch the pics and evidence in the opening statements. Where do you get “He was blocked in”? He had side streets he could have gone down. He chose to go past those streets and run towards the guy with the firearm standing near his truck.

I have a problem with so many comments here that say Arbery was cornered. Total lies and/or misinformed bologna.

He had plenty of room to keep walking. No one in their right mind would walk towards an armed guy standing in the street to attempt to snatch his firearm.

I would walk away or at most stand there and wait for the police. Please Don’t ever try to take my firearm from my Hands. Please.

And keep off my property and out of my home without my permission. They had video of him doing it 4 separate times and there had been plenty of thefts of property during that time.

“Jogger”. Right.

Last edited by Leona Valley; 11-23-2021 at 01:25 PM..

Old 11-23-2021, 12:20 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,132,445 times
If everyone on the jury was like me, they'd go in to deliberate at 1100 and come to a unanimous decision by NLT 1101 that same day. That's about how long it takes to take a vote. Guilty on all counts!

Old 11-23-2021, 12:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
He wasn’t blocked in. Watch the pic and evidence in the opening statements. Where do you get “He was blocked in”? He had side streets he could have gone down. He chose to go past those streets to get to the guy with the firearm standing near his truck.
Unless he was The Flash, he wasn't getting away from two trucks by "going down" side streets.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Even Roddy? Not sure about Roddy.
Yes, even Roddy!

Old 11-23-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
They are absolutely going to thoroughly enjoy it! And I'm not talking about these three pukes either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies