Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 05:11 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Why are you like this?
Why are you so uneducated on this issue that you try to deflect and make it about me?

Hold people accountable for their actions and quit ignoring those bad decisions when a minority is involved. It comes across as racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It doesn't matter the color of his skin - no matter if he was purple-striped, if three armed men chase a guy down/trap him via their vehicle(s) and guns, and he winds up dead, that's evidenciary for an indictment. Clearly you don't understand common sense, yet alone the law.
Arbery died because he made the horrible decision to attack someone holding a gun. Period. He was responsible for his own death. If he had made the reasonable decision to either run for help or stay put he would be alive today. But he has a history of making bad decisions. That's what happens when one isn't raised properly. Clearly you don't understand common sense.

The law had nothing to do with Arberys horrible decision.

Quote:
Agreed (with emphasis on the latter).
Their is no substance or emphasis on the truth in your entire post

Old 01-01-2021, 05:22 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Arbery died because he made the horrible decision to attack someone holding a gun. Period. He was responsible for his own death. If he had made the reasonable decision to either run for help or stay put he would be alive today. But he has a history of making bad decisions. That's what happens when one isn't raised properly. Clearly you don't understand common sense.
Get a law degree, and we'll talk/debate re: the indictment. Else, this is a waste of time. :-)

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 01-01-2021 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Get a law degree, and we'll talk/debate re: the indictment.
No one needs a law degree in order to have a discussion since it is always about the substance of that discussion and not the pedigree.

Quote:
Else, this is a waste of time. :-)
If you had knowledge on this issue, knew what was important, and cared about the truth it would not be a waste of time.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:54 PM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
No one needs a law degree in order to have a discussion since it is always about the substance of that discussion and not the pedigree.

If you had knowledge on this issue, knew what was important, and cared about the truth it would not be a waste of time.
Agreed one doesn't need a law degree to discuss in a forum - though it certainly would make it more interesting (for me). That said, my implication was not you shouldn't discuss it; rather, your posts aren't discussing the indictment or anything of substance/value which I (personally) would find engaging/worthwhile.

Point being, there's a difference between 'caring about the truth' (legality) vs. grade-school bickering re: race. I'd simply rather discuss it from a legal standpoint.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:56 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Why are you so uneducated on this issue that you try to deflect and make it about me?

Hold people accountable for their actions and quit ignoring those bad decisions when a minority is involved. It comes across as racist.
The courts are holding the felons accountable, why are you so uneducated in how or legal system works.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Agreed one doesn't need a law degree to discuss in a forum - though it certainly would make it more interesting (for me). That said, my implication was not you shouldn't discuss it; rather, your posts aren't discussing the indictment or anything of substance/value which I (personally) would find engaging/worthwhile.

Point being, there's a difference between 'caring about the truth' (legality) vs. grade-school bickering re: race. I'd simply rather discuss it from a legal standpoint.
The only reason this is getting publicity is because of race. And not many here know the legal system or care about the truth. When this first happened useful idiots were making silly claims over and over because they refused to hear the truth.

i've already mentioned what looks somewhat bad, according to the law, McMichael didn't call the police when he had a chance and Arberys life wasn't in danger until he ran at McMichael from a distance. We'll see which has more weight.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-01-2021 at 06:19 PM..

Old 01-01-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The courts are holding the felons accountable, why are you so uneducated in how or legal system works.
They are not felons. Based on your comments, you must have no idea what a Grand Jury decides. Why are you so uneducated on how our legal system works. I'll help - Formal charges have been filed and the court process will begin.

Don't you tire of making posts that are incorrect so often?

Old 01-01-2021, 06:43 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
These men have harbored certain ideals about young black men their whole lives and they will lose their freedom from acting on those ideals. The fact that Arbery was jogging in his own neighborhood speaks volumes.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I cannot understand why anyone is defending these three murdering morons.
Ill defend a good shoot all day long every day. This was anything but a good shoot. Bubba and bubba Jr. decided to take the law into their own hands. They singled out Arbery, in spite of the fact that he was hardly the only one to enter the job site.

The owner of the property has stated that he never asked Bubba, or Bubba Jr or anyone else to take aggressive action on his behalf.

Arbery tried to evade Bubba and Bubba Jr. They wouldn't allow for evasion or escape. Jr. Then forced the confrontation when he exited the vehicle with a loaded weapon.

The Bubbas didn't call the police until after the chase began. There is evidence that one of the vehicles hit Arbery.

1 person and only 1 person had reason to fear for their life and that was Arbery. I truly hope that the Bubbas receive the maximum penalty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies