Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 05:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
So why isnt he doing something about it now?
If you must ask this question, you should not be allowed to vote!!!

He is not doing anything because he is not allowed by the constitution. We are a constitutional republic where the president is not a dictator and the local governments must deal with issues like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 05:58 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He cant do it now- why wait until JAN??

The same reason he said he would show his taxes after he won the election.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:01 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Tell Putin I will have more flexibility after the election.

Point being a second term president isn't worried about relectibility. They can do more that may be currently publicly perceived as negative but is actually the correct course of action.
I suspect we'll be waiting 8½ years before we might have a second term president. I could be wrong, but I think 46 will be Biden for 1 term and then 47 will be someone else in 2025.

We'll see...

Old 06-25-2020, 06:03 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNam3 View Post
Because the Democratic Senate and his Secretary of Defense are making it impossible for him to do something about it.

Psst...dont look now but Republicans control the Senate. They had the House too for Trumps first too years. Yet amazingly he didnt do diddly except give big tax break to the super rich.

I guess you mean he couldnt do anything cause the nasty Democrats had a voodoo doll of him and were sticking pins in it???? Or was it cause neither he nor his Republicans agree on anything except they hate Obama and Hillary and want to give big tax breaks to the wealthy???

Or maybe his bone spurs kept him from actually keeping any of his promises???? I still think we should excuse him from further service to his country because of his bone spurs. We dont want him to suffer.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:11 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
You guys realize that Trump is the current President, don''t you?

I keep hearing people saying that they will vote for Trump this November to stop all of this nonsense. (BLM, Statues etc).

So what makes you think that he will do something differently in November that he's not doing now? I dont get it.

Excuse me....I am just a immigrant to this country. But I did have to take a test on the US Constitution to become a citizen.

So I read it very carefully. The President seems to have very little authority, EXCEPT in the arena of foreign affairs.

I don't think he has the authority on the virus (public health matters) or riots in our states and cities.

Sorry on the virus, he can close the border. Which he did.

He can use Federal resources to provide testing, Federal research, provide ventilators, etc....Which he did.

He can provide Federal troops, IF THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES request them....Which he did.

Nope, I don't think much will change in November until we change the mayors and Governors in our urban areas.

BUT, what do I know?? I barely passed my citizenship exam in 1969. The last question was "what were the ramifications of the Jacksonian movement on the American political system".

Thank GOD, it was an easy question!!! Did you guys know that President Trump has a painting of Andrew Jackson in the Oval Office??

Hmmm, I wonder if there is a time and space connection between Trump and Jackson??

Sorry, do a search on time and space connection if you don't understand it.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:32 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if there is a time and space connection between Trump and Jackson??

Sorry, do a search on time and space connection if you don't understand it.

Yea Trump and Jackson both demagogues that didnt give damn about constitution or the law.

This seems a time period where such nutjobs showing popularity around the world. Liberal democracy on decline.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,046,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Yea Trump and Jackson both demagogues that didnt give damn about constitution or the law.

This seems a time period where such nutjobs showing popularity around the world. Liberal democracy on decline.
So do you fly the bars and stars at your home?? I assume that is why you hate Jackson??

So you agree with South Carolina on the Nullification Act?? How does the Nullification Act square with the Constitution??

Thank god, that wasn't my last question on my citizenship test!! Pretty weak on that one.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:41 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
You guys realize that Trump is the current President, don''t you?

I keep hearing people saying that they will vote for Trump this November to stop all of this nonsense. (BLM, Statues etc).

So what makes you think that he will do something differently in November that he's not doing now? I dont get it.
Because Democrats will realize they were playing a losing hand. And the next election is 4 years away.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
I am another immigrant speaking in.
I am not a “right winger” by any means.

I am just a dude in the middle.

I am so shocked and disappointed with both of the far sides of this government.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

This is really really wrong and as much as I am in the middle I find most of this to be blamed on the extreme left side.

I am not giving the extreme right a pass either

Both sides are hurting us.

What a shame that this has come to this.

Lawlessness is common and apparently acceptable.
How stupid is that?

I am totally for non violent protests, but breaking the laws and trying to overtake the government by illegal means should have consequences.

People breaking the laws should be held accountable for their actions.

I believe that Black Lives Matter.

Heck all of us matter.

Laws are here for a reason and should be upheld.

Is that to much to ask for???

People should have to be held accountable for their actions.
No more no less.

This is shameful to say the least.

That’s all I got.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:49 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
They say if you have an erection that lasts 4 hours you should seek medical help. TDS has had about a 4 year erection over Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies