Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 09:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Exactly right. And that IS what these people who are complaining so effusively want.
I don't want any measures by the government.

Why is this acceptable but the earlier measures weren't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 07:14 AM

295 posts, read 143,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Trump doesn't wear a mask.

Panties? Yeah, he wears those.
your point?

Old 06-26-2020, 07:32 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...tive-surgeries

I don't understand. Help me out conservatives/Republicans.

I didn't think the virus was a big deal. Trump told me on February 26 we were at 15 cases nationwide and would pretty soon be down to zero.

Now the bastion of freedom, Texas, led by Republicans including a Republican governor are going back to their Marxist measures on the peasants.

I mean, I expect that here in liberal California where I need permission to take a leak but Texas? The great conservative/Republican paradise?

What gives?

When do the militias march on Austin and the governor's mansion because 50 people can't get a cheeseburger at one time?

I suggest post haste.

Justice delayed is justice denied. - William E Gladstone
Did Texas Governor Abbott claim that the virus wasn’t a serious thing? If not, your post is silly.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:39 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Still, as these CEO's warned earlier in the week, their ICU capacity was 'increasingly stretched'. Nevertheless, only 31% of the people in ICU's are apparently there as a result of the coronavirus.

So Governor Abbott is doing two things here, I do believe. One is he is being responsibly cautious in an effort to help make sure the hospital capacity is not unnecessarily overwhelmed. Also, he is sending a message to the hospital leaders to manage their P.R. rhetoric carefully, if they want to see this revenue constraining ban on elective surgeries alleviated sooner rather than later.
The concept of exponential growth in this case means that the apparent excess capacity can get consumed quite rapidly; within a matter of weeks. Once you're at 100%, then you, as an individual, are effectively screwed in terms of getting emergency help for a critical condition. The hospitals will probably need to start bringing in medical staff from out of state and re-using gear.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:15 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
I'm confused. I thought Covid-19 is a hoax? Texas of all places...

Old 06-26-2020, 08:16 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Bars in TX are shutting down. Restaurant capacity dropping;

https://kfoxtv.com/news/coronavirus/...capacity-to-50

Old 06-26-2020, 08:20 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Why do many of you respond to this with unabashed immature snark? Can’t you communicate like adults?

Uncharted waters. Experimentation. Flexibility. Patience.

We are in uncharted waters. There is no map to success here.

We experimented by reopening. It was too soon.

We show flexibility by backing up and going back to stronger safety measures.

We demonstrate patience by continuing to follow the experts’ advice.

Those of you who “communicate” on this issue with sarcasm, infantile responses, and finger-pointing are nothing but an annoying distraction to the real issue at hand. Grow up or shut up. Seriously. How about being part of the solution rather than being part of the problem?

Old 06-26-2020, 08:38 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Why do many of you respond to this with unabashed immature snark? Can’t you communicate like adults?

Uncharted waters. Experimentation. Flexibility. Patience.

We are in uncharted waters. There is no map to success here.

We experimented by reopening. It was too soon.

We show flexibility by backing up and going back to stronger safety measures.

We demonstrate patience by continuing to follow the experts’ advice.

Those of you who “communicate” on this issue with sarcasm, infantile responses, and finger-pointing are nothing but an annoying distraction to the real issue at hand. Grow up or shut up. Seriously. How about being part of the solution rather than being part of the problem?
We were told that conservatives think covid-19 is a hoax. If it's a hoax, why is such a conservative haven (Texas) taking it seriously? I'm all for conservative states to not worry about covid infections at all. Just go about their daily lives like normal. Don't forget to have as many huge trump rallies where thousands are packed into small spaces as possible. No need for masks. Covid, after all, is a hoax. LOL

Old 06-26-2020, 08:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
We were told that conservatives think covid-19 is a hoax. If it's a hoax, why is such a conservative haven (Texas) taking it seriously? I'm all for conservative states to not worry about covid infections at all. Just go about their daily lives like normal. Don't forget to have as many huge trump rallies where thousands are packed into small spaces as possible. No need for masks. Covid, after all, is a hoax. LOL
It’s impossible to have a mature conversation with people like you. I won’t bother.

Go on and continue to foolishly believe everything you are “told”. Don’t bother thinking for yourself.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Bars in TX are shutting down. Restaurant capacity dropping;

https://kfoxtv.com/news/coronavirus/...capacity-to-50
Closing the bars is a great idea, IMHO. I was interested, though, that he shut them down as of noon today. Noon? I thought bars didn't even OPEN til noon? Anyway.

I haven't been to a bar or restaurant since mid March, but from what I understand, bars that were opened in Austin were PACKED to the gills and zero social distancing was practiced.

While hospitalizations and deaths are still on the rise in Texas, we can wait a little longer for bars to reopen. Unlike restaurants and other venues, they really didn't seem to be able to master any kind of preventative measures at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies