Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2020, 12:43 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,262,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Police most likely know she was involved but still won't say.
They don't call it madtown for nothing..
Quote:
The timeline released by police includes surveillance video images of Bernstein's vehicle within a few blocks of the CCB in the minutes after it was set on fire, but Wahl said it was "pretty clear" from the investigation that Bernstein was not a perpetrator or a victim in the CCB attack.
Quote:
Police also did not find any fire damage in the 2007 Hyundai Elantra she had been driving, according to police reports, and a dog trained to sniff out accelerants did not find evidence of them of in the car.
So, seems she wasn't involved with the Molotov cocktail (may have photo of her in her car during/too soon after) but she pretty clearly didn't get any fire inside the car. So perhaps she got home and then carefully (???) lit herself on fire and then extinguished it immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 01:42 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,535,112 times
Does this mean that NFL players will stop using her name on their helmets?

Old 10-02-2020, 02:07 PM

1,969 posts, read 546,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Hmmm...

"Bernstein said the attack happened at around 1 a.m., or about 20 minutes after a group of people threw a Molotov cocktail through a window of the City-County Building in the Downtown, starting a small fire."

So it's plausible that she was part of the group who threw the Molotov cocktail, had an accident of some sort and got burned, and then tried to cover it up with this fabricated story?
A few things occured to me when I read this thread before the new news. Her description of having wiped it on her face seemed real. I thought it reminds me of that hotfoot guy how it sorta looked like sticky lava.

Her insisting BF stay home. She didnt want to face him AT all.
Usually we crave our loved ones, especially after a trauma like that. She was in the sh and needed lie practice time

The spots looked patchy

That said, after reading the recent reports, clearly she made up the other version.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:23 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,434,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Does this mean that NFL players will stop using her name on their helmets?
No, they will just say this is a demonstration of what minorities can go through on a daily basis, and we appreciate her in keeping such actions in the limelight so we do not forget.

Old 10-02-2020, 05:45 PM

29,531 posts, read 22,762,892 times
What really, truly angers me about dirtbags like Althea is that their actions make it worse for others who suffer from legitimate hate crimes. When these idiots engage in these hoaxes, all it does is make the public even more skeptical of claims of hate crimes in general even if it is legitimate.

Just last month a Black family in Michigan was terrorized by a White guy who vandalized their property and threw rocks through their windows. I'm willing to bet most of you never even heard of the incident, contrary to the perception that alleged hate crimes committed by Whites against Blacks get instant and nonstop media coverage. And I'm also willing to bet fatigue over these incidents proven to be hoaxes later on contributed to the lack of media coverage.

Old 10-02-2020, 05:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,665,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
My sense is they suspect it but don't have enough evidence to prove it conclusively.
There were people on social media who were suggesting an investigation of the Madison Police Department be done - and I'm wondering if that had any influence.

It's not like they came out and revealed everything they looked at during this *investigation* the way a department normally would.

Old 10-02-2020, 05:53 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,155,803 times
Looks like GPS data shows that she was 15 minutes away from the location where she claimed she was attacked.

AP: Prosecutors: Not enough evidence to prove Wisconsin attack

Quote:
None of the cameras picked up a group of four white men that matched Bernstein’s descriptions, the reports said.

But footage does show her in Middleton, a suburb about 15 minutes from downtown Madison, just before 1 a.m. GPS data from her phone corroborates that as her location, the reports said.
Quote:
An arson dog found no trace of a lighter or other incendiary device in her car and investigators found the car wasn’t damaged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGmzjeVP2d0

Old 10-02-2020, 05:56 PM

1,451 posts, read 679,528 times
The police closed the investigation.
They know what happened and what didn't.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:08 PM

315 posts, read 116,814 times
Disappointing but not surprising that she won't be charged. She obviously made it up to target a racial group (whites) and what's worse is that she collected thousands of dollars on these false pretenses, both of which should be felonies and should be pursued.

Old 10-02-2020, 06:35 PM

26,590 posts, read 15,161,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
Disappointing but not surprising that she won't be charged. She obviously made it up to target a racial group (whites) and what's worse is that she collected thousands of dollars on these false pretenses, both of which should be felonies and should be pursued.
No doubt.

I don't see how this isn't a hate crime by her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies