Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:46 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times

Advertisements

I want my old life back even though that's impossible. I haven't been able to find every item I want at the grocery store since early March (and yes, it started with the toilet paper shortage). For the last two months I haven't been able to find the canned soup I like. I need to get my hair done, but being in close contact with my hairdresser for forty-five minutes even with both of us wearing face masks seems like a recipe for disaster. I'd like to go out to eat at a restaurant, but I don't trust that they're following the correct guidelines. (And yes, I'm whining!)

I think as the numbers grow larger, people are less and less affected emotionally. It's like we can't wrap our minds around two and a half million people being infected, or the 125,000 who have died. I've lost all of my faith in humanity, because so many Americans are like spoiled children, yelling, "It's my right to not wear a face mask!" Just sit down, shut up, and put your mask on! My two-year-old grandson is more mature than some of these people.

This virus is going to be with us for a long time. I'm sure the rest of the world is looking at our failed response in disbelief, wondering that happened. The severe lack of cohesive national leadership plays the biggest part. I knew some people would refuse to wear masks, because there are always stupid, selfish people. I didn't realize until it happened that Trump would be egging them on, giving these morons a legitimacy they shouldn't have. I knew then that this would be bad, and that it would last a lot longer than it should. So far nothing has happened to prove me wrong. Well, at least I can get some amusement from The Lincoln Project's ads. (There is always a silver lining!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 10:47 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
I am middle of the road. Social distance and wear a mask but bring everything online that practibly can be done.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:47 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
1) COVID-19 is not a hoax
2) It's not just old and/or sick people contracting the virus, or dying from it
3) Wear a damn mask
4) Americans really are whiny, spoiled brats; it's embarrassing
5) Wear a damn mask and quit complaining
6) I've never understood the anti-science crowd, and still don't; from reading this forum, all I can think is that a whole lot of people failed 5th grade biology
7) Wear a damn mask
8) Claiming that the pandemic is a conspiracy to discredit Trump is so beyond ridiculous that words fail me
9) Wear a damn mask
10) The backlash at local and state health officials has been disgusting, at best; some have been fired for refusing to lie, others have been harassed on and off the job. I can't even wrap my mind around the small, hateful minds behind this.
11) Wear a damn mask.

This...and America is the only country where the leadership had to make the grave mistake of politicizing mask wearing (discounting the public health of all) while POTUS won't even wear one...leading to many, many thousands more deaths...putting us all at risk...

Last edited by Fisherman99; 06-26-2020 at 11:04 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 10:52 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
It sux.
It’s making me fat
It’s making me angry to see so many dummies with out PPE
God will intervene after People get His point
Stupid to think the virus is involved in politics
Good thing :
Shows us who we are
Cleans the environment
I learned to bake

Old 06-26-2020, 10:59 PM

1,231 posts, read 448,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I am not scared of coronovirus, as God is who determines when/where you are going to die, when its your time to go you are going if you are at home, in a car, or in a hospital bed. The virus is a political tool to divide people at this point. The liberal hypocrisy in dealing with it is astounding. My states governor is now "requiring" masks even though I know people arent going to comply and there no way my state will pass a statute making it law; thus people are not forced to comply. It is only going to make people fight each other more since the racist fight didn't escalate things as high as the top level Democrats would have liked.
Coronavirus doesn't care about politics. Using a mask only helps prevent getting it and giving it to others.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:05 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Coronavirus doesn't care about politics. Using a mask only helps prevent getting it and giving it to others.
Bingo !! If everyone wore one where can the virus go??

Old 06-26-2020, 11:18 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
This.

Numbers for positive tests are being counted several times.

The deaths are overinflated, where CDC guidelines say that you don't even have to be tested to have the virus but they can count it as a COVID death anyways.

The PCR tests are unreliable and don't test for COVID because the virus isn't even isolated yet, so the PCR tests for a RNA sequence reaction, which can be triggered from something like an acidic food you ate that day.

But the biggest annoyance for me is that it's hard to get actual facts for this virus. The masks thing has been an issue because I had a chance to get a ton of n95 masks back in March, but they said not to. Then they made it mandatory and I can't find any now. I'm also getting sick of the "Let's blame Trump, no let's blame Pelosi" with the virus response.

And now I'm getting sick of the fact BLM protests don't spread the virus but if you live in the south and go to a bar, you're totally spreading it. The science behind it all makes no sense.

And now, the fact that they're pushing contact tracing, and keep talking about the need for a magical vaccine...even though they can't even confirm where the virus is coming from or how it formed but we need that rushed vaccine to return to normal, is troublesome and doesn't add up.

Overall, yes, I think the virus is real. But the hype for it is overblown and the science doesn't really make any sense.
What i see here is one excuse after another not to take this virus seriously. It's like a kid finding any which way he can to avoid homework. It's time to be an adult.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:19 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
The chickens have come home to roost. You can only be anti-intellectualism, anti-science and pro-conspiracy theory for so long before you have horrible repercussions. The Republican attack on education has left too many people ignorant and skeptical of logic. I'm thankful that I don't live in a place where there is a high density of tinfoil hat wearers who think everything is a government plot to injure them. As such, I'm feeling like I have a low chance of getting coronavirus because I live in a community where mask wearing and social distancing isn't considered tyranny.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:23 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
1) COVID-19 is not a hoax
2) It's not just old and/or sick people contracting the virus, or dying from it
3) Wear a damn mask
4) Americans really are whiny, spoiled brats; it's embarrassing
5) Wear a damn mask and quit complaining
6) I've never understood the anti-science crowd, and still don't; from reading this forum, all I can think is that a whole lot of people failed 5th grade biology
7) Wear a damn mask
8) Claiming that the pandemic is a conspiracy to discredit Trump is so beyond ridiculous that words fail me
9) Wear a damn mask
10) The backlash at local and state health officials has been disgusting, at best; some have been fired for refusing to lie, others have been harassed on and off the job. I can't even wrap my mind around the small, hateful minds behind this.
11) Wear a damn mask.
Yes x11. Thanks for writing it because sometimes I feel like I'm alone in those thoughts.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:23 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
I believe this virus is real and doesn't give a **** about your politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies