Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 07:53 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,774,618 times

Advertisements

As much as I despise Trump from the very start, I couldn't imagine that he would allow the killing of American soldiers. I really could have never imagined that Republicans and the right would support it.

I was shocked when Kim sent back an American prisoner in body bag and the right supported that. This baffles my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 07:55 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,128,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The US intelligence agencies have proven themselves untrustworthy repeatedly, and they have attempted to sabotage this President and remove him from office. Nevertheless, the US intelligence agencies in this case say the Times story is bogus.

U.S. intelligence agencies are not disputing the credibility of the report.

Neither the White House nor the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) have addressed the credibility of the intelligence as described but have disputed the Times’s account that Trump was briefed on the information
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...d-not-credible

Old 06-29-2020, 07:55 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,774,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Proxy war is not new -Russia has been backing Arab factions that kill Americans for decades long before mr trump
I'm sure the American vets are ok with that right?

Old 06-29-2020, 07:59 AM

18,567 posts, read 7,417,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It is being carried in several news sources so claims that the NY Times is lying isn't much of an argument.
It's not an "argument". It's an informed assessment.

Propaganda outlets routinely parrot what the others say if it supports the shared political agenda. There's seldom any attempt to independently verify, so the fact that others are repeating the Times story does nothing to lend it credibility.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:02 AM

68,360 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
Liberals want war with Russia now? I remember when liberals were anti-war during the Bush years. So liberals now wants us to pay for universal healthcare, student loan forgiveness and free college, UBI, Green New Deal, Reparations for slavery, healthcare and everything else for illegals, free housing for all, funding for all kinds of infrastructure projects, and on top of all that they want to pay for military bases in Germany, Korea, Japan, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and now also a war with Russia? Its insanity! Liberals have gone off the deep end!

This liberal wants to know why the hell are we still in Afghanistan? Just WHAT are likely to accomplish now that couldn't have been accomplished years ago? And please, spare me the 'if we don't fight them over there we'll have to fight them over here' nonsense. They tried to sell that BS as justification for the Vietnam War and now we trade with them Could've started trading in 1965 and saved a whole bunch of misery & $$$.

And as much as I think Putin's a POS, bounty or no bounty, are we really supposed to be surprised that when we invade another country that the invaders will be subject to attack?

Old 06-29-2020, 08:05 AM

18,567 posts, read 7,417,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
U.S. intelligence agencies are not disputing the credibility of the report.

Neither the White House nor the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) have addressed the credibility of the intelligence as described but have disputed the Times’s account that Trump was briefed on the information
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...d-not-credible
In other words, the ODNI said The Times is lying.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:06 AM

24,018 posts, read 12,803,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
As much as I despise Trump from the very start, I couldn't imagine that he would allow the killing of American soldiers. I really could have never imagined that Republicans and the right would support it.

I was shocked when Kim sent back an American prisoner in body bag and the right supported that. This baffles my mind.
Why are you using Warmbier to deflect from the (non)topic? Sad.
In response .. no we didn't support it. If anything, you supported Obama in doing nothing for Warmbier.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:12 AM

16,344 posts, read 8,128,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
In other words, the ODNI said The Times is lying.
ODNI disputes the Times claim that Trump was briefed on the Russian bounty story, but does not dispute the credibility of the bounty story itself.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:19 AM

10,098 posts, read 5,763,473 times
How is this any different than Obama doing nothing while we were cyber attacked by Iran and NK? You can't just start a war with a nuclear power. Everyone loses.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:23 AM

51,685 posts, read 25,947,539 times
WhataboutObama is not going to help those soldiers with a Russian price on their head.

Would it be possible to put aside these feeble attempts to derail the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies