Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 01:05 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
See, someone asks a simple question and some TDS-afflicted clown just HAS to make it about Trump.
Usually that TDS-afflicted clown is Trump himself. It's kinda nice that someone beat him to it.

I mean, this guy makes EVERYTHING about him, so why are you so bothered when others do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 03:20 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I'd rather wear a mask than be on lockdown or catch covid
Unless you have health problems catching covid is at worst like having a cold. Most people don't have any symptoms. Most people aren't scared of getting it. It's like wearing a seat belt in a golf cart.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:35 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So what?

Biden is irrelevant.
Traitor Trump is the irrelevant one.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:39 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Liberals: My body my choice!

Also liberals: Wear a mask! You don’t have a choice!

Old 06-30-2020, 06:12 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
The none mask wearers are the same people that go out to eat 2 to 3 times a week goto clubs with 200+ people and will never get tested.

I only wear masks when it's mandated and I'm an extreme introvert so you can guess how often I stay out when I'm not getting paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Someone refusing to evacuate for a hurricane only risks themselves. Someone refusing to wear a mask and socially distance risks every single person they know... and every single person they know... and every single person they know... and so on. It's not a personal choice.
Social distancing is definitely not a choice. The big people choose if they want you to socially distance or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
But the real choice here is mask or another shutdown. That is my concern. That is something that really infringes on my civil liberties.

The opposite infringes on mine. Reopening everything puts me in danger of becoming a prisoner so I kinda want people to not wear masks (where I live) so they can close it down again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I do not believe in doing anything for the good of the society.
You make us anti-maskers look bad. I personally just don't believe in doing anything that risks my health.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:13 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals: My body my choice!

Also liberals: Wear a mask! You don’t have a choice!
You just don't get that although a mask helps you a bit, it is even more important that you and the other person wear a mask to mitigate the spread.

Why can't conservatives understand that?

Old 06-30-2020, 09:39 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Your freedom is not infringed upon if you're wearing a mask or not wearing a mask.
There are people who have difficulties breathing when wearing a mask. In some cases it is psychological, in others it is physiological.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Saying masks takes your freedom away is the same as saying seatbelts take your freedom away. It's just stupid and Reckless
Not wearing a seat belt might be stupid and reckless, but being mandated to wear one is a restriction on your freedom of choice. Just like masks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think people should go by what the health experts say.
That would be fine, except the "health experts" turn out to not be such experts, can't agree and flip-flop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Alberta, Canada Chief Medical Officer just made it mandatory to stay 2 meters (slightly over 6 feet) apart in all circumstances.
You mean like this in Alberta Canada? These people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Trump ensures you breathe toxic air and there's nothing you can do about it.
Woah! That is super scary! Can you tell me which cities now have toxic air since the rules rollbacks?

Old 06-30-2020, 09:53 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
There are people who have difficulties breathing when wearing a mask. In some cases it is psychological, in others it is physiological.

Not wearing a seat belt might be stupid and reckless, but being mandated to wear one is a restriction on your freedom of choice. Just like masks.

That would be fine, except the "health experts" turn out to not be such experts, can't agree and flip-flop.

You mean like this in Alberta Canada? These people?

Woah! That is super scary! Can you tell me which cities now have toxic air since the rules rollbacks?
Why did you not understand that the NEW directive was referenced, when I stated "just made it mandatory"???

Old 07-01-2020, 05:20 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You just don't get that although a mask helps you a bit, it is even more important that you and the other person wear a mask to mitigate the spread.

Why can't conservatives understand that?
They’re anti science and common sense.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
They’re anti science and common sense.
The relevant word you're looking for is: "stupid".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies