Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 11:56 AM

12,584 posts, read 2,992,141 times

Advertisements

Because they have the sense to know the numbers don't justify the overblown paranoia in most places and it's a manipulation to keep people in a siege mentality until the election, preferably with mail in ballots to make typically leftwing voter fraud easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 11:56 AM

11,101 posts, read 6,697,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
We're not mid summer (at least temperature-wise). Outside I'm not wearing a mask. In the open air with a breeze diluting any exhaled pathogens, I'm not worried. In indoor public places I'll wear it. I'v made it through the entire pandemic in NYC doing this, and haven't gotten it.

When all is said and done, and they've figured out where most of the transmissions happened, I'm betting the key factor will be overcrowded housing. I look at the zip codes in NYC where it hit the hardest, and it's in the neighborhoods were you'd expect people to be illegal packed into also illegally subdivided housing.
Lisbon just had a big spike and it is in their overcrowded public housing with multi-generational families that are low information and restless youths. Lethal combo. Authorities are trying to get a grip on it now, but the the less educated refuse to wear them.

It's the same all over the world, sigh.

We're doing the same as you. Breezy outdoor settings, no mask. But if the trail or street narrows and I can't distance, on goes the mask. Inside anywhere, masks are required.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,550,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Because they have the sense to know the numbers don't justify the overblown paranoia in most places and it's a manipulation to keep people in a siege mentality until the election, preferably with mail in ballots to make typically leftwing voter fraud easier.
^^^^This.

Good post.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:18 PM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Yep!

Old 06-27-2020, 12:21 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,669,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Because Americans love telling people what to do.. but HATE being told what to do.

“Comply, listen to authority, blah, blah, blah”

Scientist: Stay home, wear a mask

“Don’t tell me what to do, freeedumb”

Asia is the complete opposite and all comply with wearing masks, thus have low covid problems and minimal deaths while able to open economy back up...

Old 06-27-2020, 12:24 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,147,334 times
Ironically enough, those that resist wearing masks are most likely to benefit the rest of society by covering up their unpleasant looking faces.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:27 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,155,712 times
Wearing a mask violates my constitutional right and as such I refuse to give it up for short term security.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:29 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,819,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Wearing a mask violates my constitutional right and as such I refuse to give it up for short term security.
What constitutional right is that?

I hope wearing pants doesn't violate your constitutional right...

Old 06-27-2020, 12:30 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,155,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Linking the wearing of masks to a loss of freedoms is a uniquely American phenomena. A significant number of them have a lock on stupid.
The mask has never been personal protection but for the protection of others.

Only a selfish dumbazz put's his personal comfort at greater import than the safety of others.

Warning to everyone; the bridge ahead is out - Americans you are "free" to proceed regardless.

Morons.
I have no desire to protect others. People that believe this virus is serious should take precaution which they feel are need to stay healthy. That can includes staying at home and even putting blanket over their head.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:31 PM

10,215 posts, read 11,195,817 times
I mask when Needed - But look at the ones who are freaking out - the Actually maskers.. Karen much???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies