Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 11:58 PM

10,755 posts, read 5,672,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
You probably pull out guns when girl scouts show up at your door. Just because you see a bunch of black people and are scared doenst mean that you can point guns at people.

I would have been on the porch observing with the guns close by and if something happened then i would have ran out to the protestors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Truth hurts. Quit being scared and turn off the TV.
This stupid, false narrative of white people generally being scared of black people really needs to stop, as it is simply untrue.

Are there some some whites that are scared of some blacks? Yes. Are there some blacks that are scared of some whites? Yes. Are there some people that are scared of anyone of a different race? Yes.

However, when one takes into account the rates of crime, especially violent crime, committed by whites versus blacks, one would be incredibly stupid to conclude that they face the same level of danger when confronted by a black person versus a white person. An understanding of this reality in no way means that one is “scared.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 12:04 AM

257 posts, read 132,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The lady was obviously inexperienced in handling a weapon the way she was holding it and waving it back and forth.

But saying that's "pointing it at the protesters" isn't really accurate.
The terminology is interesting here, especially the way the media like to spin their narratives.

So I guess in June of 2020 anyone who wants to trespass, loot, or commit even worse crimes merely has to self-identify as being a "protestor" and they will be absolved of all.

Better yet, they can do so while wearing a mask and that means they're also "doing their part" to "help with social distancing".

Funny world we live in.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
The general neighborhood is full of similar million dollar houses outside of these 2 gated streets. I live 15 minutes away. Have very close friends who live in the area, outside of those 2 streets for the most part. My grandmother lived in a highrise walking distance from there. I did my residency at the hospital and had to walk around sometimes in the middle of the night. I watch movies in the theater right across the street. Ride my bike in the park right across the street. Eat dinner in the neighborhood right across the street. Sit in Starbucks with my friends across the street. Honestly, the people living within those 2 streets are not so night and day different from the people living in million dollar homes right outside. They just aren't.

You can't look at the history of why the gates are there from the late 1800s and early 1900s and assume that the people who live there in 2020 are all exactly the same.

Also, the neighborhood isn't really fully gated. You can easily drive right in on Lake and Lindell. No gate.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-90.2709408

I mean these people are personal injury lawyers. As lawyers go, they make the money but are low on the respectability chain. Ambulance chasers. I'm not fond of them either. They acted like fools waving their guns around looking drunk and untrained when they weren't directly approached. I'm not a fan, but they don't define their whole neighborhood either.
While there is no gate, it is clearly signed as “Private Place, No Trespassing.”

Do you believe that this means that free access is allowed?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If they release security footage of a violent horde busting down their gate some of us might feel more sympathetic to them. The video we DO have is of people walking through an open gate which is not broken and no one is busting anything.
Did you you not see the sign, or do you just not care about it?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Protesters didn't break the gate to get in. Here's a video of the protesters entering the gate and the gate is intact and being held open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGDs835Lo9Y
That is completely, totally, 100%, irrelevant.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Oh we get it we just don't agree with the response to trespassing, as many of us have been trespassed upon and not resorted to recklessly waving guns around. It looks like they were cutting through this area to get to the mayor's house, it was wrong for them to do, they should have take the public route, but the guns were overkill.
Your response to trespassers is completely irrelevant to to the response of others.

Why do you not understand this?

Old 07-02-2020, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry but it is not a mob. Merely a group of citizens trying to petition their Mayor to stop her idiotic behavior. You do not dox constituents who disagree with you.

Armed response is utterly out of bounds.
I’m sure this will work out well for your community. . .

Old 07-02-2020, 12:32 AM

Quote:
And for the record I have been in the middle of a riot where the rioters were virtually all black. And my neighbors and we, black and white were heavily armed and had plans on where to hide the white women and kids if it got nasty. We all sat out on the lawn in front that evening and listened to the utter quiet broken by the sound of breaking glass. Not a weapon in sight though they were readily available and would have been used if any body of rioters attempted to enter the complex. None did.
Given your nonsense posts, no one believes you. . .

Old 07-02-2020, 01:12 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Sanctimonious Fredo Cuomo had the lawyer husband on his show and the lawyer didn't take the bait, the race bait. Given Fredo's actions in the past, if he'd been in that position he'd have shot a few of the protesters -- 'Roid Rage.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:29 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Sorry but it is not a mob. Merely a group of citizens trying to petition their Mayor to stop her idiotic behavior. You do not dox constituents who disagree with you.

Armed response is utterly out of bounds.
How did that couple know that it wasn't a mob? Far too often that BLM protests are accompanied by looters and violence. You can't deny the facts. Add to this a group entered a private gated community. There wasn't a damned thing friendly or normal about that "group of citizens". I don't care why they were cutting through, it is a private gated community and they had to know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies