Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 08:26 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,889,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUtoTX View Post
Whoever said 5.56/.223 is a weak caliber are welcome to take a round in the head and see what happens.
A great many states dont allow deer hunting with anything less than .30 cal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 AM

18,468 posts, read 7,105,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I know you didn't, but those jokers in CHAD had the intruder fantasy you're talking about. Talk about a bunch of Rambo's.

I think these people should have stayed inside their home until they saw what was going on - but at least one person appeared to have a gun in a photo from an article I read last night, and I don't know what they were doing or saying when they broke into the community.

What do you see in this photo? What's the guy holding?

Looks like it could be a microphone?

But I could certainly see how someone like her, without much experience or knowledge about guns might think it was a weapon.

Hard to tell what it might look like from the front.

Kind of amazing though that a couple like this with a house like that apparently doesn't have their own security cameras and footage....

Maybe that's still forthcoming?

Old 06-30-2020, 08:29 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,648,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
That woman in the video is the perfect example of the need for sensible firearms regulation in this country. Never point a gun at someone (let alone wave it at someone) unless you intend to shoot that person. Just...yikes.
To many people buy a firearm believing that alone is sufficient. By its mere presence it has some magical power. And that myth often gets perpetuated by politicians and even cops.

"Just show the gun" fire a warning shot, the sound of a slide racking deters 9 out of ten intruders" etc etc blah blah. Like Bidens famous (infamous) fire a shotgun in the air nonsense.

That sort of bilge results in unhappy endings and bad people gaining posession of a firearm.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No one broke into their home or went in their yard. These two are not private owners of the road, it is a community road.
Which is why they didn't shoot.

So that makes it a draw.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:33 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,231,627 times
How dare people defend their person and property from virtue signaling social justice warrior bleeding hearts?
The Thought Police should be informed.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:37 AM

19,679 posts, read 12,260,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Wrong pvt road closed off from the public by a locked gate which was distroyed by a mob bent on trespassing
Apparently you have not seen the video of them entering the gate, which is intact. NO ONE denies it is a private (community) road, so quit saying otherwise it makes those who do look foolish.

Many are trying to twist it as if this group attacked the lawyers mansion, and they did not.

The homeowners over reacted and inflamed the situation. If that photo of a bent gate is real, it happened after this couple went crazy pointing their guns and yelling, because the video clearly shows a fully intact gate they walked in through.

Furthermore a proper wrought iron gate would NOT bend like in that photo, and it takes a special saw blade to even puncture it. Even a cheap one shouldn't fold like that.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:38 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
How dare people defend their person and property from virtue signaling social justice warrior bleeding hearts?
The Thought Police should be informed.

I don't think the liberal media realizes that their attempt to frame these folks in a negative light did NOT work out.

More Americans need to see "the people" rising up and holding their ground.

Great footage out of New York of a lady doing just that with respect to protesters that wanted to tear down a statue of Teddy Roosevelt:

https://twitter.com/BarrettWilson6/s...822377989?s=20

Old 06-30-2020, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
These morons were trespassing on private property, after all the looting and mayhem going on under the guise of 'protests,' I don't fault them one bit.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/coupl...072204408.html
Fox News has done to many folks what they were afraid video games would do to our children.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:46 AM

5,084 posts, read 1,673,038 times
If they attempt to march on my private property, I am ready to defend myself and my property. They would be advised to get right with God before trying something so brain dead.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
A comment has been made of the man in the photo being wealthy
having a poor selection of rife in an AR-15 a semi auto.in a weak caliber.
I haven't seen a good photo yet,but he may have a Class 3 license and that is a select fire m16 with a spare stick in his back belt.
The16 can be had for around 15k if you find a legal seller. I know I have one.

AR style rifles come in a variety of calibers, .223/5.56 is just the most popular because the ammo is relatively light and inexpensive compared to other larger rifle calibers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUtoTX View Post
Whoever said 5.56/.223 is a weak caliber are welcome to take a round in the head and see what happens.

Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies