Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 08:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Let' just keep repeating this -- ALL parents -- left and right -- want kids in schools.

BUT they don't want to trade off health and welfare of their families and others just to have their kids in school.

But the goal is school

So stop -- there is no Democrat, left win conspiracy to keep kids out of school to tamper with Trump's ability to win the election...that's Trump and his narcissistic view of the world and why someone may not think like he does.

Good sound policies from our local school boards is what counts...not some deranged President threatening school boards with funding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 08:47 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here you go, hot off the presses TODAY:

Link: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0710100934.htm

Now let's see your data. Nevermind, I know you don't have any.
Still waiting for the Chicken Little liberals to give me some science that says opening schools is not "safe." No, your emails from the DNC and the NEA don't count.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:54 PM

407 posts, read 122,995 times
Quote:
Still waiting for the Chicken Little liberals to give me some science that says opening schools is not "safe." No, your emails from the DNC and the NEA don't count.
What kind of science are you specifically looking for? Do you want the transmission rate of asymptomatic carriers to kids, to adults, between kids, kids to grandparents, kids to kids? Do you then want to know the potential death rate of each group? Lung, brain, vessel, pancreas, et al organ damage to parents who may have high blood pressure, who may have high cholesterol, who may consume at least one beer/glass of wine per day that would correlate liver damage predisposition? Will you even understand any "science" provided? Which isn't even science as I understand it.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
What kind of science are you specifically looking for? Do you want the transmission rate of asymptomatic carriers to kids, to adults, between kids, kids to grandparents, kids to kids? Do you then want to know the potential death rate of each group? Lung, brain, vessel, pancreas, et al organ damage to parents who may have high blood pressure, who may have high cholesterol, who may consume at least one beer/glass of wine per day that would correlate liver damage predisposition? Will you even understand any "science" provided? Which isn't even science as I understand it.
Your talking points and whining isn't what I'm asking for. Science matters, not your politically motivated rhetoric.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Your talking points and whining isn't what I'm asking for. Science matters, not your politically motivated rhetoric.
Just answer the questions. They weren't complicated. I'm a scientist. Apparently you are a scientist and perhaps an ID one at that, which would be helpful. So, let's have a discussion. Again, where do you want to start? My first concern as a parent and a scientist I am concerned about aerosol and droplet transmission in a closed room. What specific publications do you want to bring to go over?

We can start here. "Recent studies corroborated that COVID-19 is transmitted primarily between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes (Burke, 2020; CDC, 2020a; Chan et al., 2020; Huang et al., 2020; Li et al., 2020; Liu et al., 2020b; WHO, 2020b)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293495/

Not surprising. Given the above, the recent news of 400+ children in day cares testing positive in Texas, the 80+ children and counselors at a Christian camp in Missouri testing positive, it looks like there is a potential risk in bringing kids together.

That is not politics. That is the data. What is your solution, Mr. Science?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
Just answer the questions. They weren't complicated. I'm a scientist. Apparently you are a scientist and perhaps an ID one at that, which would be helpful. So, let's have a discussion. Again, where do you want to start? My first concern as a parent and a scientist I am concerned about aerosol and droplet transmission in a closed room. What specific publications do you want to bring to go over?

We can start here. "Recent studies corroborated that COVID-19 is transmitted primarily between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes (Burke, 2020; CDC, 2020a; Chan et al., 2020; Huang et al., 2020; Li et al., 2020; Liu et al., 2020b; WHO, 2020b)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293495/

Not surprising. Given the above, the recent news of 400+ children in day cares testing positive in Texas, the 80+ children and counselors at a Christian camp in Missouri testing positive, it looks like there is a potential risk in bringing kids together.

That is not politics. That is the data. What is your solution, Mr. Science?
Your "data" is not specific to children. The studies I provided are. When you have data showing that children are likely to pass the virus to adults, get back to me. Hint: there isn't any.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:54 PM

Repeating -- there is no left wing, Democrat conspiracy to shut down schools. People are concerned for the safety of their kids, the families of those kids and the staff and their families.

Funny, I saw a parent post her child can't wear a mask to school because he has asthma. Not sure why a mask hinders the child but COVID......yeah they like people with asthma and such. She has no clue that her defense of kid not wearing mask is defense that may expose her immune compromise child to COVID....duh. She's in Geogia...my old neighbor.......sigh......

Old 07-10-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Repeating -- there is no left wing, Democrat conspiracy to shut down schools. People are concerned for the safety of their kids, the families of those kids and the staff and their families.

Funny, I saw a parent post her child can't wear a mask to school because he has asthma. Not sure why a mask hinders the child but COVID......yeah they like people with asthma and such. She has no clue that her defense of kid not wearing mask is defense that may expose her immune compromise child to COVID....duh. She's in Geogia...my old neighbor.......sigh......
Well, you're wrong about that. The NEA is a notoriously left wing group that donates almost 100% of its political money to Democrats. The NEA is also trying to keep schools closed in the fall. The NEA (and Democrats) don't care one bit about educating children. They care about getting power and lining their own pockets with benefits that private sector workers don't get.

In a way I hope the left gets their way and schools are shut down indefinitely. It will interrupt their indoctrination campaign and make people realize that these left wing educators really aren't necessary to give children a good education. The teachers and their union have been failing kids for decades anyway.

Once the schools are shut down for a year, we can hopefully defund public education and shift to charter schools, religious schools, and home schooling.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of schools remaining closed.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Well, you're wrong about that. The NEA is a notoriously left wing group that donates almost 100% of its political money to Democrats. The NEA is also trying to keep schools closed in the fall. The NEA (and Democrats) don't care one bit about educating children. They care about getting power and lining their own pockets with benefits that private sector workers don't get.

In a way I hope the left gets their way and schools are shut down indefinitely. It will interrupt their indoctrination campaign and make people realize that these left wing educators really aren't necessary to give children a good education. The teachers and their union have been failing kids for decades anyway.

Once the schools are shut down for a year, we can hopefully defund public education and shift to charter schools, religious schools, and home schooling.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of schools remaining closed.
What did I say about the NEA.

At no point has anyone advocated for shutting schools down.

Made up to give you your rant potential -- you do it well.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Your "data" is not specific to children. The studies I provided are. When you have data showing that children are likely to pass the virus to adults, get back to me. Hint: there isn't any.
There has been zero data addressing the physiology of children resulting in a less virulent response for transmission. Nothing I have seen. There is no understanding or even a hypothesis as to why that would be the case and your own link notes that the dynamics of the Texas spread is an unknown. But c'mon. They are calling on the idea of adult congregation for communal spread in that case, but we didn't see that in NYC YMCAs or other front line worker YMCA care facilities during lock down. All of which implemented early, strict policy of social distancing measures with the children. I don't see how adult congregation wouldn't come into play in either scenario. So, without a mechanism of action you cannot say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies