Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 07:14 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times

Advertisements

I think some sort of semi autonomy for Black majority places might be worth a try, hundreds of years of White led decision making hasn't worked. Including decisions coming from "woke" White Liberals.

Local example: Wal Mart wanted to build a store in an inner city brownfield site. Local Blacks wanted it, White Liberals living on other side of town blocked it for not being transit friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 07:17 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Right now we have at least 100 million people who pay no taxes.
50% pay no income tax. 100% pay all other taxes. Sales, gas, property ( rent also pays it for land lord), etc.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:39 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Have you seen where the large plantations are and were located?

Slave ownership was by and large a Southern state issue. My ancestors were entirely (that means 100%) on the side of the Union, and every ancestor of mine who fought in the Civil War was a Union soldier. Those brave soldiers fought against the Confederate States to abolish slavery.

I am a lifelong Democrat, and so was my mother before me.
Take a look at the Slave Trade Map. Many slaves shipped to the Chesapeake area, and North.

Slave Trade Map - Smithsonian Magazine

More info:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ory-180963093/

Old 07-02-2020, 07:47 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Another way to try and steal what black people have. Now that black people have more than ever before, you want to come up with ways to take homes and businesses acquired and push them to another part of the country. There’s nothing novel or unique about that looking at American history. The typical thievery. Not going to happen.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:48 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
50% pay no income tax. 100% pay all other taxes. Sales, gas, property ( rent also pays it for land lord), etc.
27% of all US 1040 filers pay no Federal income tax and no payroll taxes. Why not? Their refundable tax credits (eligibility for only the low-income and middle class) not only offset both taxes, but some tax filers will still even get PAID by the Fed Gov if their refundable tax credits surpass what they would otherwise owe in Federal income and payroll taxes.

Old 07-02-2020, 07:57 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I have a unique solution, point and laugh at anyone who suggests there should be reparations.
It would be racist to laugh at so many black people, and unempathetic to laugh at so many white Liberals who are for reparations. You'd be laughing at ~100,000,000 people. How does that bring us all together?

Old 07-02-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Another way to try and steal what black people have. Now that black people have more than ever before, you want to come up with ways to take homes and businesses acquired and push them to another part of the country. There’s nothing novel or unique about that looking at American history. The typical thievery. Not going to happen.
It would be optional, and thus nobody's stealing anything from anybody. Nobody would be pushing anybody.

You failed to read my OP closely enough, or pehaps you are replying to another post.

Blacks who are doing well enough to own a home, or a business, would probably take a pass on the black designated areas.

30% of 5.2M Native Americans live on Reservations, so clearly its not for everyone, but for those blacks who are irrate abour living under the current system, it provides them an alternative.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:09 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Yeah I know, but we are talking about reparations, and that will come out of the federal budget. The poster upthread calculated $200 billion over 10 years (to Jim Crow victims), and I suggested that if we required everyone to pay at minimum of $100 in federal taxes (so like $8 a month), that would cover it.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Or, we could eliminate the Democrat party? They are who is hiring, training, and not firing bad cops. They destroyed the inner cities where most blacks live. They provided bad schools and bad cops, and bad housing, and no jobs in the inner cities. There hasn't been a Republican in sight for 50-70 years. "

A FACT most on the left IGNORE and NEVER want to talk about. But, it is Trump's FAULT!
100% correct. I have yet to hear a cogent excuse from a Liberal on why their urban areas have been destroyed under their policies and leadership. Trump needs to pound that drum LOUDER! After the riots, he should have everyone's attention, who live in these blighted areas.

Urban America should be more open to alternatives to Democrat rule than ever. If I were Trump's campaign Manager, I'd be spending big in urban zones. I see that as the only Republican lifeline to remain competitive in the years ahead. The demographic shift will become insurmountable otherwise.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It would be optional, and thus nobody's stealing anything from anybody. Nobody would be pushing anybody.

You failed to read my OP closely enough, or pehaps you are replying to another post.

Blacks who are doing well enough to own a home, or a business, would probably take a pass on the black designated areas.

30% of 5.2M Native Americans live on Reservations, so clearly its not for everyone, but for those blacks who are irrate abour living under the current system, it provides them an alternative.
Well then I see a big problem right there. If blacks doing well enough to own a home or have a business would probably take a pass on the Black Zones Only, then you would be left with the underclass of blacks who rely on federal government assistance. So how would a black zone be self-sufficient? Unless of course you are suggesting that welfare recipients choosing to move away from whites still continue to get that.

Would be police be allowed in to the black zones? Otherwise....a big problem. The black underclass, which is where the high crime is, and no police. I call that a big oh-oh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies