Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2021, 05:06 PM

958 posts, read 1,106,061 times

Advertisements

"***" the nfl and any jerk that supports them. Multi Millionaire THUGS want more ? what exactly .

Old 08-14-2021, 05:49 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
Never is a long time. The NFL is pretty secure for now but things change and an organization that is not concerned about alienating fans eventually pays for it.

A couple of generations ago baseball was king and everyone in the country could name the heavyweight boxing champ.
Baseball was king, but even though it became second behind the NFL, MLB is still a strong revenue generator.
As far as Heavyweight Boxing; the guys who would of been great heavyweights chose Football and Basketball. Not many want to end up like Ali in his final years.

There will always be a demand for sports and what league could over-take the NFL? The only thing that is a threat to the NFL is concussions, which has caused a decline in youth participation in football.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:17 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
This is a STUNNING letter a Marine wrote in disgust to the NFL: (this was not about the Black Anthem, just the general disrespect)

Commissioner,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:39 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,215,475 times
Looks like I want be watching any blm NFL football this year or ever again!!! They can kiss my a**.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:42 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
I’ll take a dump during blaspanglebanner

Old 08-14-2021, 06:48 PM

127 posts, read 64,601 times
What about a female national anthem? Lesbian national anthem? Hispanic national anthem? Asian national anthem? Eskimo national anthem? To be fair to everyone they should play 761,231 national anthems.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia25 View Post
What about a female national anthem? Lesbian national anthem? Hispanic national anthem? Asian national anthem? Eskimo national anthem? To be fair to everyone they should play 761,231 national anthems.
I think that's a great idea. I'd like to see 2.5 hours of anthems and 45 minutes of football game.

Just remember - there's only ONE National Anthem.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:51 PM

34,057 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottednikes View Post
what is the black national anthem "i like big butts!?'
:d

Old 08-14-2021, 06:52 PM

34,057 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
What is the black national anthem "I Like Big Butts!?'

great post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAUbFa77Ng8

Old 08-14-2021, 11:17 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
How can people even care to get bothered by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies