Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 06:20 PM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times

Advertisements

Are they willing to add a nordic-american anthem, an asian-american anthem, a native-american anthem, a hispanic anthem, a greenlandic-american anthem, etc?

Why not?

Old 08-21-2021, 06:24 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
All of this over Week 1?
Is that all it is??? This isn't a season long thing? Just week one? Wowwwww lmao that makes this even more sad and funny. 43 pages over that? A one week thing? I dont even care that its not season long, but look what crowd has been doing the real crying (snowing).

Old 08-22-2021, 02:51 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Just what we need. A religious hymn.
That song is tantamount to starting the games with a prayer..."Let's all pray"
Maybe the NFL will have the food vendors start saying Grace before you eat your hot dog.

Old 08-22-2021, 03:10 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
All of this over Week 1?
It needs to be stopped. Otherwise it will infect others.

Income tax started out at 1%.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:01 AM

2,714 posts, read 2,215,475 times
I did not watch any games last year due to this blm bs. What aggravated me more than anything else was the names of the thugs on everyone's helmets. I was hoping to watch some this year, but I won't if this continues. Playing the black national anthem is only the beginning of what may happen again. When the sportscaster bring up racism I am gone. There is no reason to hear their or at least their networks comments while watching a game.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:30 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry, but to me this is just another insincere knee jerk attempt at pandering that will only further racially divide Americans at some point.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/-nfl-to...211305337.html
And watch the ratings go down, down down, AGAIN!

Old 08-22-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Is that all it is??? This isn't a season long thing? Just week one? Wowwwww lmao that makes this even more sad and funny. 43 pages over that? A one week thing? I dont even care that its not season long, but look what crowd has been doing the real crying (snowing).
"Just week one?

I recall many on the left saying," If t saves only 1 child, it is worth it"!

Old 08-22-2021, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It needs to be stopped. Otherwise it will infect others.

Income tax started out at 1%.
My Social Security card reads, "NOT to be used for identification"!

FDR," Your SC payments will NOT be taxed".

Etc., etc. etc.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:18 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Yes, American culture. The same way sumo wrestling is apart of Japanese culture, rugby is apart of Australian culture, hockey is apart of Canadian culture, and sprinting is apart of Jamaican culture.

Sports do not have racial culture, heritage, identity, or ownership. The leagues, especially, do not. Canadians dont think hockey is for white people, they think its for Canadians. They dont think blacks and latinos playing hockey is silly, they think hockey in Arizona, Texas, and Florida is silly.

And thing is, you clearly don't know what appropriation actually is or means. Cultural appropriation is when one race or culture takes something that is known to one, and makes it into a caricature. The anthem - which is what you have a problem with - does not belong to white people. It belongs to Americans, who are dozens of races and ethnicity. Football and the NFL does not belong to white people either. They belong to: Americans. If Toronto or Mexico City gets a team, it will belong to North Americans.

You whine and act like you dont recognize the NFL anymore. What have they become? The NFL is still a vast-majority white owned and ran organization. What happened was: the leadership decided to get out of their good ole boy mentality and take feedback - and this is nothing new with the NFL.

Actual complaints would be if changes were implemented to make it NOT football. If they got rid of touchdowns, if they made a first down be worth 100 points, if they got rid of tackling and replaced with flags, if players were ejected for touching the QB, if all the games were now played on Tuesday afternoons. And of that - still wouldn't be appropriation. It is impossible to appropriate the football or the NFL. It is impossible.

Having the "black national anthem", which is not whats its called, play alongside the traditional national anthem, is a nothing burger. You do not pay attention the anthem at home, and once the game starts you forget they even did it.

The NFL didnt get all patriotic like this until 2009. That is when they started requiring players stand on the field for the anthem - and it was initially only for primetime games because, surprise, TV exposure. Why did they do this? Because 'Merica? No. Because the DoD wanted to use the NFL to advertise the Army and national guard, etc. That is not my opinion, this is a literal verified fact that you can google yourself.

So youre sitting here and call singing 2 anthems appropriation, is nonsensical. It is only because - in your own words - you feel the white race is being done away with - which you are not. You say the NFL made this racial, well you did too.

You really are showing your true colors. I guess you also have a problem that the NFL took the Super Bowl from Arizona over their refusal to recognize MLK Day. Let me guess: because MLK was black and this "white" league shouldn't pander to the "woke crowd" and recognize holidays that were made just for the sake of "wokeness." Right? That Arizona debacle just shows the NFL is more progressive than you thought, considering this was the 1990s (before the culture war) - and Arizona changed their MLK Day law because of it.

Stop being a snowflake. White people are not being replaced and done away with. The NFL product has not changed, a touchdown is still a touchdown. And this will not affect anything in the grand scheme. No one will be forced to sing or even better, forced to watch. For the 800th time, I am not a "liberal", but dont sit here and call liberal people snowflakes and softies and what not, when you let something so unimposing like this eat at you.
Settle down man. All I'm doing is analogizing.

All I am doing is sort of pointing out that whites in America are always dehumanized and denigrated for "culturally appropriating" others' perceived "culture" (rock and roll, rap music, dreadlocks and so on...). If you want to hold us to that standard that's fine, but others should step up as well, and say when they appear to "culturally appropriate" our culture (football, basketball, country music, and so on...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies